School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am so happy to be the new principal of Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary School. I am impressed with the entire staff, thankful for the support of the parents, and love the enthusiasm of our students. I look forward to continuing the amazing programs already established and sharing some of the programs I started at my former school. - Christina Desiderio
October 11, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted December 10, 2015
The teachers are so dedicated, caring and experienced, my son learnt so much since he started 5-hour per day's kindergarten program, he only knew letters and numbers before he started, and now he is a 2nd grader advancing in math and reading.

Posted December 10, 2015
I am so grateful for the school teachers, my son advanced a lot since he started the kindergarten program, he is in 2nd grade now, he loves learning and sharing, and he is advanced in his academics. Thank you!

Posted December 09, 2015
R. L. Stevenson provides a wonderful school experience for its students! The principal, teachers and parents are all invested in making the school the best it can possibly be, and do such an amazing job. My children are eager to go to school every day!

Posted December 09, 2015
My daughter is a 4th grader and has been in Stevenson since Kindergarten. The teachers and staff are dedicated and caring to the students. The front office are welcoming and helpful despite having many demanding and sometimes very impatient parents to deal with.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
The "Peaceful Playgrounds" program, the focus on helpfulness at the weekly morning assembly, and the PTA's Kindness Committee all combine to make compassion and empathy a big focus.

Posted December 09, 2015
Stevenson elementary has always been a wonderful school, but since the addition of our new principal, Mrs. Desiderio, I can say that it is truly exceptional. She has made the school more welcoming, more fun, and more focused on technology, science, and overall academic rigor. The PTA and booster club provide an extraordinary number of "extras" that simply aren't in the district's budget, and the arts program is fantastic and continuing to grow. Simply fantastic across the board!

Posted December 09, 2015
I am so thankful for Mrs. Line and Mrs. Bauer - they are both fantastic and have helped my son so much this year....I'm seeing the spark and love for learning that has been missing the last couple of years! I haven't met the new principal yet, but my son always has nice things to say about her - he seems genuinely excited about things she does/says. Great year so far!

Posted December 09, 2015
Mr. Perezpedia, thank you for taking your time in focusing on my daughters education and helping her out during anything she doesn't understand.

Posted December 09, 2015
I'm so pleased with Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary. It has exceeded my expectations for teaching my daughter what she has learned to date. Also, I'm very thankful towards her current teacher, Mr. Parezpedia for taking him time in helping her during anything she doesn't understand the first time. I highly recommend this school and thank all the staff for putting so much into our students and keeping them safe and secured where we could have a piece of mind. -Tina (Nairi Yerkanyan's) mother.

Posted December 09, 2015
I love all of the opportunities that our students have at Stevenson. Thank you to the staff for your love and care in teaching our kids. Thank you to the parents for all your efforts in keeping our school's amazing arts, music, and dance programs going. Stevenson Rocks!

3333 Oak Street, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified R. L. Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. L. Stevenson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 115 reviews. Top