School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am so happy to be the new principal of Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary School. I am impressed with the entire staff, thankful for the support of the parents, and love the enthusiasm of our students. I look forward to continuing the amazing programs already established and sharing some of the programs I started at my former school. - Christina Desiderio
October 11, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Posted April 09, 2016
I can honestly say that I am very happy with Stevenson. My son is in 1st grade and seeing the school's transition from his kinder year with the add-on of a new principal, has been a delight and honestly, night and day! =) The new principal is committed to the students and to making the campus feel as welcoming as possible for parents. I have come to learn that the parent community is very involved with two very strong and organized parent volunteer groups (PTA & FFS Booster).

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 09, 2016
I am so thankful to Mrs. Desiderio for opening up our school to the parents.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 09, 2016
Stevenson's PTA has a focus on teaching students about being good through its Kindness Committee. With this program they reach students monthly with activities that promote kindness and teach empathy! I have seen it and can definitely say that they are working towards developing students with these values.

Posted April 07, 2016
My grandson loves this school! His teacher Mrs. Boulais is amazing. The staff is kind and helpful. The arts programs rock. Thank you Stevenson Staff!

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2016
All three of my children went to Stevenson and for the most part it is a great school with very few exceptions. 1st and 2nd grade were rough for my youngest. His first grade teacher had just had a baby and upon coming back seemed over extended. She claimed, in a parent-teacher conference, that she was unable to reach my son after three months of instruction. My husband and I requested the coursework from her and got him caught up in under two weeks. Grades 3-5 have been stellar (Mrs. Flores is beyond excellent and even though pregnant with twins consistently went the extra mile for son). I personally liked Ms. Ginnetti although some of her remedies for issues were questionable. My son was verbally threatened by one of the parents that assists with gardening and I requested a meeting with said parent and staff, which she denied. She suggested I email the parent but, of course, I got no reply. I'm very happy with the new principle. My son raves about how interactive she is with students. I love that she is creating such a positive atmosphere where our children are happy to go to school every day.

Posted December 10, 2015
The teachers are so dedicated, caring and experienced, my son learnt so much since he started 5-hour per day's kindergarten program, he only knew letters and numbers before he started, and now he is a 2nd grader advancing in math and reading.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
I am so grateful for the school teachers, my son advanced a lot since he started the kindergarten program, he is in 2nd grade now, he loves learning and sharing, and he is advanced in his academics. Thank you!

Posted December 09, 2015
R. L. Stevenson provides a wonderful school experience for its students! The principal, teachers and parents are all invested in making the school the best it can possibly be, and do such an amazing job. My children are eager to go to school every day!

Posted December 09, 2015
My daughter is a 4th grader and has been in Stevenson since Kindergarten. The teachers and staff are dedicated and caring to the students. The front office are welcoming and helpful despite having many demanding and sometimes very impatient parents to deal with.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
The "Peaceful Playgrounds" program, the focus on helpfulness at the weekly morning assembly, and the PTA's Kindness Committee all combine to make compassion and empathy a big focus.

3333 Oak Street, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified R. L. Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.