Burbank, CA

Posted August 19, 2015
We love Stevenson and all that goes on there!! Its a wonderful school. Miss Ginnetti was a wonderful leader and Mrs. Desidiero seems to be the same. I look very forward to seeing all she has in store for our school. The district did a wonderful job hiring her. Every teacher my children have had have been fabulous. Really meeting the needs of each child. Looking forward to a great year! The pta and boosters club do a lot to take the kids education and school to the next level!

Posted April 14, 2015
This is our first year at the school. I am overall happy with the school itself; however, the front office staff could get a refresher re customer service skills. Kate is not the most friendly person and I have noticed her differential treatment depending on the parent including my self. I have said good morning without getting a response. The front office staff is the face to the school and is responsible for the way parents feel either welcomed or not.....

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2014
A core group of dedicated parents, plus a good principal and solid teachers, make this a very decent school. But class sizes are still way above the ideal (32 kids to one teacher, with no aide, in many classes.) And the facilities are way overdue for an upgrade - dysfunctional bathrooms, corroded water fountains, etc. along with added temporary classrooms to help with over-crowding. Too bad we can't fund schools the way we should in this state.

Posted August 22, 2013
I believe elementary is foundation for a child's future. With joint efforts between great teachers, as this school is known for, parents and staff-my child has a chance at a great start and bright future. Gina E.

Posted August 09, 2013
I too have a child with needs. He was privately diagnosed with ADD and Aniexty. The teachers and staff at Stevenson have gone above and beyond to make sure our child is getting the help he needed. We are 4 years into this and he excels in every subject and reads 4 grade levels above his own. We couldn't be more pleased with the support and outcome of our child's education!

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2013
Not all ADHD children are treated as kindly as the parent below. My child was there 1-1/2 yrs before they did anything and by then the damage had been done. I had high hopes when I saw the rating for this school but came to the conclusion that it's because they push out the kids that need too much additional assistance. They especially don't have patience for kids with ADHD. They push medication likes it's the cure of the century and leave your child feeling hopeless and self-hating. Before treatment, the they told my son it was his fault and he needed to control himself. He began to fall into a depression and hated going to school. I recommend private school & specialized tutors rather than let them damage your child.

Posted April 10, 2013
This school is great because my daughter was diagnosed with ADHD when she was in 2nd grade. Thanks to her 2nd grade teacher's and school psychologist. She gets the attention, the help she needs. I had her in a private school and they didn't notice or take the time to notice that my daughter had a problem. All they did was complain. I have found relief with this school. My daughter came to Stevenson in February for 1st grade. Now she's a 5th grader and she is doing great. Her test scores are high and above. My daughter's self confidence has come back over these years. They went above and beyond with my daughter and they will with your child. Parent involvement is great. This school has great teacher's and after school activities. The PTA and FFS do a great job in fundraising. Teachers, the staff and principle are all great! If you live or work in Burbank this is the school for your child. It's excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
One teacher is a major bully. It struck me as odd that my child, after LOVING school, did not want to go anymore. My child was really outgoing and happy before. I confronted the teacher and she completely denied yelling and mistreating my child while insulting ME. She painted the picture that my child was the problem, even though she admitted he did not have behavioral issues. Which left me really confused. She tried making the issue academic, saying my child wasn't "getting it." My child had great test scores! My child got it, but not from her. My child was being ignored and treated badly! I sent a recorder to school and got the evidence I need to prove it was not my child. I will write a letter to the school district.

Posted December 07, 2011
We lived in the nieghborhood well before having school-aged children and the way that Stevenson involves the surrounding community has a small town feel to it. The fundraisers are FUN and the kids/ parents are a great cross-section of the area. Now that my daughter attends, I can see why folks are so dedicated to the school---they really pull you in and encourage the best in your child.

Posted September 08, 2011
Our daughter just transitioned to Stevenson from a charter school. The school is very organized and has thought through so many of the systems and other aspects that make a quality school. In response to the previous parent comments about the purchase of a shade structure for $20,000, it is very reasonable to spend that much on something that will last and lets face it- Kids need shade, it is the law in a preschool and wish it would also apply to elementary schools. The asphalt that need to be repaired is minor and if you lived in any other part of the world a bumpy path or climbing over tree roots and bridges would be a part of your life. Help your child to learn to navigate rocky terrain. Not all sidewalks in the world will be smooth.

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School
3333 Oak Street, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified R. L. Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. L. Stevenson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top