K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

This is by far the best Catholic Elementary School I have ever seen. It is a shame that one disgruntled parent said all those negative things in March. The Saint Finbar Teachers and Staff go above and beyond. Further, the Saint Finbar graduates are excelling in High School. I highly recommend this great school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Unfortunately, sometimes the teachers are the bullies.

My niece goes to that school and has complained that the Math Teacher bullies many of the students; this affects how my niece performs in school. I am very saddened that a Catholic School allows this type of teacher's behavior. I have told my sister to take her daughter out of that school!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Some of the Teachers are bullying to kids..(VERBALY)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

All same Answers. Most of the teachers just killing time

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is No Leader. Principal is Ok Person BUT NOT A LEADER

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Again, not attention to student, just killing time

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Except some of them..Not All of them

Amount of homework: Neutral

Usually Some Teachers Careless. Like A Tax Office, Officer...finish my hours and go home

My daughter was at St. Finbar for 3 years. It is a very strict school and a very very old fashioned catholic school. My daughter was not happy here at all...here's why. There are approx 35 kids in each class and for a private school that seems ridiculous. They do not have enough computers for each of their 35 students, so the kids race to get a computer and those kids that aren't fast enough don't get a computer. My daughter says shes so happy that in her new school everyone gets a computers and she dosnt have to race and fight to get one. This is ridiculous for obvious reasons!!! I saw many of these types of things at Finbar. The principle greats you only when hes showing people the school. His demeanor changes and becomes happy and kind. While at PTO meetings the principle makes sarcastic jokes about how the parents are the problem with the school, I believe the problem is truly him. The parents become the teachers assistants and are not accredited. They watch the kids on the play yard and did nothing when my kid told them she was having trouble with another kid repeatedly for 3 months. The kids play in a parking lot, there is no grass to play on and no trees for shade. The teachers are very strict and scream and shame the students. This was our biggest problem because it really hurt my daughter very badly and the principle didn't care. He did not like that I complained about it and as i heard from many parents, i was not the only one. My daughter has not complained once at her new school but every teacher at finbar she said screamed, my daughter is 8. St. Finbar should be ashamed. I do not believe fear based teaching is acceptable for a child. The office staff is not kind. At St. Finbar. my daughter would have stress stomach aches and the office staff would say "Not you again!" in a rude tone. There is no nurse at Finbar. . However, at her new school my daughter feels safe and she no longer has stomach aches. The math level at finbar is behind public school standards! The kids bathrooms are dirty and smell terrible. Some of the sinks dont work and have never been fixed in the 3 years we were there. Its not a nice place, its not a kind place, my little kids self esteem was really hurt by this place. You know what they say:" the heart of the place comes from its leader" Be very careful.

Last modified Saint Finbar School is a Private school that serves grades K-8