Burbank, CA

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School 4

Posted September 18, 2014
I am an alumni of Bell-Jeff and I feel this school was a great school for me!! It is a small but that is what helped me excel while in high school. I had a better chance to get into college because I was able to have more one to one study time with my teachers after class and during breaks. We had great tutors such as Mr. Napier and great leaders. I had an excellent APUSH teacher, Mr. Bergen, as well as an excellent AP Literature Composition Teacher, Brother Philip. I can truly say that when I was there we were a small school with big results!!!

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School 3

Posted May 04, 2014
This school is getting too small to the point where they have to take in a lot of exchange students to sustain themselves. There is a lot of talking in class making it hard to concentrate if you care about learning. They give detentions if students are late for school.Why is a child punished when they don't drive? I get late for class, but late for school? The principal is rude and is not up for parent ideas. Ms. Thompson, Mr. Napier and Mr. Bergen are great though.

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School 4

Posted October 07, 2013
I have to say, this is a truly wonderful school. The faculty, staff, students, and parents are friendly and easy to work with. I enjoy going to work every day. The new principal has made some great strides so far, really reaching out and getting involved with as many things as he can. I would highly recommend this school for anyone who is looking for a supportive, personalized setting, quality instruction, and an environment rich in Catholic tradition.

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School 5

Posted July 25, 2013
To me Bell-Jeff is not just a school its my second home!! Idc what other people say. This school really helped me a lot in life!! The teachers are amazing and they care about the students! The activities, drama department, clubs, and sports here are great!! The prep rallies, multiple events, and multiple dances are extraordinary, and plus the Area is amazing!! I mean the public library is there next to you, gas station, the shopping mall, shopping stores, the Cinemas, restaurants and etc!! Plus the Area is very safe because you have the police and fire department next to the school and a friendly neighborhood, and the counceler is amazing!! Without him I won't be in a university because Bell-Jeff is high standard and colleges look at us!!! My friend had a 4.2 when she graduated from public school but she wasn't able to apply to college because of the standards ! So Bell-Jeff is amazing especially the retreats and masses!! I love Bell-Jeff and I am proud that I am a graduate of Bell-Jeff!!

Posted June 04, 2012
Most of the teachers are lame and the school need to hire more qualified ones. I am glad there is a new principal and I hope he will uplift and bring a lot of changes in school. The favoritism is so obvious and the upperclass counselor is so weak and can easily be manipluate and intimidate. He choose valedectorians blindly without the overall considerations on what other students contributes to other school activities. It's so pathetic that the recent valedectorian coudn't even pass any AP exams. It is a joke. It's not worth to spend that kind of tuition for sub standard school.

Posted April 02, 2012
f you want to go to Bingo that's run Fairly, Don't Go Here! (On Tuesday Nights!) It's Unethical for Volunteers to play Bingo on the night they're working, and to Top it off, they're being given FREE Papers! That means THEY DON'T PAY $ TO PLAY! So, that means that the Paying Customer is geting Gypped, while the Volunteers are getting a FREE RIDE! SO WRONG!!! Also, the Big Money Pull-Tabs they sell there are being opened First by those who are selling them. In most Bingo Establishments that's not supposed to work that way!! Even if they're paying for them, they're getting first dibs before the regular paying Customers! It looks Shady on the occasion when one of them Wins $! When you're selling them and playing them, it's a Conflict of Interest!! I've also seen with my Own Eyes things that aren't Kosher!! To me and others that are on the same page, they agree that this place is Run Unfairly!! Since this is a Catholic School, maybe they Should Go to Confession!!! It's great that they got rid of sis cheryl! :)

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School 3

Posted June 24, 2011
There is going o be a new principal at Bell Jeff. He is an alumni that would like to change the school for the better. There are many changes coming for the next school year. New teachers, coaches, and staff. The school is going to change in one of the most positve ways. This school was not bad it just needs work, work which is being done as we speak. This is a great school for those who are looking for sports such as softball, basketball,and volleyball. We also have a great eduction system. This year has been a challenging year but at the end of the day i have learned a bunch, thanks to many of the teachers work and dedication to us, the students

Posted May 12, 2011
Parents, save your money - this school is not even close to a college-prep school. Unless changes occur, such as cleaning house and replacing teachers who are just there for a paycheck, students will not be ready for the academic rigor and challenges that is expected from them in college. It is unfortunate that this school only has a few excellent teachers who really motivate the students to want to learn, the majority do not care and their standards of teaching is low.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 12, 2011
The standards of this school is very low, beginning with the lack of Administrative leadership from Sr. Cheryl, Principal, followed by the continous numerous discipline issues with the school and unending detention served by students, along with the lack of professionalism from teachers toward the student and parent whose teaching standards are mediocre to low - all reflect a lack of pride and core value within the school environment . It is unfortunate that there are only a few outstanding teachers who know how to teach and motivate the students to learn.

Posted March 16, 2011
This school has really gone down hill in the last five years, maybe even more. There is horrible leadership under the principal. She is condescending to parents, faculty, staff and students. Academics are mediocre and in no way are students prepared for college. Although some teachers are great, most sit behind their desks and do nothing. I don't blame them! Many teachers are far overworked. This school has such great potential to be what it used to be, but in order for it to get there, Sister Cheryl needs to go!
2 people found this helpful

Bellarmine-Jefferson High School
465 East Olive Avenue, Burbank, CA  91501
Last modified Bellarmine-Jefferson High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bellarmine-Jefferson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top