Burbank, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 30, 2014
Both my boys went to Burbank Montessori Academy. What drew me back in 2008, was that big, shady, play yard. Perfect for an active boy. And of course, the director, Kit. She has a very calm presence and you can see that she and the teachers, genuinely love children. Each teacher and aid brings something unique to the school. I love that they learn so much but at their own pace and interest while having fun. We were very sad to leave Montessori as my younger one started TK at our elementary school. But I know he was able to transition so well because of his experience at BMA.

Posted September 25, 2014
My daughter went to Burbank Montessori Academy for three years, from age three to six. Since we had recently moving to Los Angeles with no friends and no family we were very nervous about the care for our daughter. We soon realized that we had found a wonderfully nurturing environment and a home away from home for her. The teachers are all amazing people who really love what they do and have been working there for 20+ years. They take the Montessori Method seriously and really instill a love for learning. We had a hard time with the fact that our baby was growing up and had to move on to elementary school. I would highly recommend this wonderful place to anyone.

Posted September 16, 2014
What a great school! My twins have attended for 2.5 years and couldn't be happier. It is also a very international place with teachers from a number of different countries and a student population which is just as global. It is also affordable so there is a good diversity of families. It is essentially an all year round school, with extended hours so it will fit any person's schedule. The teachers are all great and appropriate for each phase/class. The fact that they allow your child to have a diaper and pacifier (in the youngest class) until they're ready to let go says it all. They also are acutely aware of developmental milestones and will tell you if there are any concerns. They all have 25 years plus experience teaching ages 2-5 yrs and are a great resource for parents. It's a great place to start your child's journey in school.

Posted December 27, 2012
This school is simply wonderful. It gave my daughter outstanding preparation for elementary school, and she had a lot of fun. Parents are involved and the teachers are kind and dedicated. I can't say enough good things about this school-- I am sad that we graduated, but am thrilled that we found this hidden gem for child's preschool experience.

Posted July 30, 2012
Great school with caring teachers. My daughter spent 3 years here and enjoyed every minute. She couldn't wait to go to school every day and the methods they use work. Every kid in the Kindergarten class was reading at a 1st or 2nd grade level. One of the saddest days ever was when we said goodbye to the school. Highly recommend!

Burbank Montessori Academy 3

Posted October 03, 2010
I believe the intention is good and the staff is kind but this school felt more like glorified daycare. Teachers in the 3.5 year old room seemed politely exhausted by the class size. No real attention was given to sign in/out and my child just seemed lost at drop off. Kids didn't have a personal place for lunch box etc. So belongings are just tossed into a room or in the corner. It also really bothered us that the gate to the playground, as nice as it is, was never locked, meaning anyone could walk on at anytime. For others this may be a fine place, but it did not work out for us.

Burbank Montessori Academy 0

Posted July 14, 2009
My daughter has been going to Burbank Montessori Academy for over a year now and we have been so pleased with her progress. Every time we drop her off we are amazed at rapidness of the education these kids are picking up. I love that the children have a choice as what they'd like to do during the day. The teachers are all nurturing and wonderful here. They also have a great play yard that's shaded by huge trees that have been there for years. I highly recommend this school to any parent who find academics important to their child during the early years. They are also quite affordable compared to many other schools.

Posted March 19, 2009
My child has gone to this school since she was three years old. The school has many great assets such as the wonderful sand playgrounds which are shaded by very mature trees. The teachers are very caring and pay attention to children and parents. Children are very happy and well cared for. The quality of snacks could be improved, otherwise this is a wonderful and happy place for small children.

Burbank Montessori Academy 0

Posted June 14, 2006
Very warm and loving environment which fosters the desire to learn in the children. It is very small and intimate so the kids get a lot of one on one attention. The student/teacher ratio is great. The children seem to be much furher ahead academically than the kids in other schools that are the same age.

Burbank Montessori Academy 4

Posted May 25, 2006
BMA has a pleaasant campus with a nice playground. Students range from age 2 to 7. My daughter has thrived here, and I'm generally pleased with the quality of education. They strike a good balance between Montessori-style academics, and just plain fun. My daughter (almost five) has learned some basic arithmetic and can sound out one-syllable words. The teacher turnover has been high, however, and the teacher quality is variable. The great teachers are great, but a few of the others have been weak on communication to parents, and handling of discipline issues. Extracurriculars aren't impressive. They've had a few fieldtrips since we've been there, and there's pull-out dance and computer classes for an additional fee. The kids do lots of arts and crafts. They have water play on some days in the summer -- they also watch some videos, not too crazy about that.

Burbank Montessori Academy
217 North Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified Burbank Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Burbank Montessori Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top