Posted April 22, 2014
This school is top notch. There is high standard of learning and the teachers are very progressive in thier styles and methods.

Franklin Elementary School 3

Posted July 13, 2013
Given that Franklin has some of the best API scores of elementary schools in the area (955 in 2012), my expectations were high. We chose to live in Burlingame so that our children could attend the "good" schools here. However, we were disappointed. I think the teachers were mediocre. They didn't seem excited about teaching. Communication at the higher grade levels was nonexistent. Some of the children at the school displayed bully-like behavior. I question lunch and recess supervision. There are 23 children in grades K-3rd and 32 in 4- 5th. Teachers have no aids, and it seems they need them. I'm disappointed in the use of Everyday Math and don't feel the kids are challenged in math. Science is lacking, but this is a problem at most elementary schools. There appears to be one art teacher for the whole district, so kids get an hour of art every 1-2 months. I'm not impressed with music education either. Gifted students get 5-6 days of pull-out for the year, and nothing else the rest of the time. The principal is very kind and has worked at the school for years. But given the reputation of Burlingame schools and the high API scores, I expected so much more.

Posted April 22, 2011
Franklin is an outstanding school. I have looked at most of the private schools on the Penninsula and I have not found one with a principal as good as Llsa Booth. She is exceptional. The teachers and staff are also outstanding. The community is diverse and devoted. You can't go wrong here.

Posted April 04, 2010
The principal, Lisa Booth, is exceptional. Very open-minded, cares for students, friendly, personable... So far, the teachers reflect the principal and excels in teaching, guiding, caring. PTA involvement is very high. Can't get much better than this.

Posted August 29, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009

Posted March 04, 2008

Franklin Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2007
Most parents are highly educated and affluent. These parents value an education and tend to push their children to achieve. After some time at the school, I have to agree that the school scores do not necessarily reflect the quality of teaching at Franklin. This school is weak in science and math. My child's teacher just glanced over multiplication even though that topic was covered in the Star test. I had to teach my child the multiplication tables. I don't think my child would have done that well in the Star Test without the additional tutoring outside of the classroom.

Posted May 08, 2006
As a parent of two Franklin students I believe that this school lives up to it's great reputation. Parents are very involved and accomplish a lot of positive support through PTA and school channels. The staff is dedicated to the students and lead by a wonderful, kind, helpful principal. I highly recommend Franklin to those looking for a quality public elementary school experience.

Posted March 21, 2006
Its great school I am from Asian community .I love this school. You can really relax and not worry about your kids education any more.

Franklin Elementary School
2385 Trousdale Drive, Burlingame, CA  94010
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top