No rating

Mercy High School

Private | 9-12 | 420 students

Living in Burlingame

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $1,460,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,520.

Posted February 9, 2014

To be honest, I had higher standards for this school. I was always told that it was a great school, my older cousin would tell me about her experience. I could barely wait To start high school. At first I didn't quite meet the most.. Nicest classmates there, though there's always a few people like that in every school. I just avoided them and kept going. But there was this one girl that kept messing with me and what really disappointed me was that she would mess with me right in front of the teachers, I'd say something, but they did nothing to help whatsoever. They thought I was a joke. Another thing is that I agree with the other students. I think the school focus too much in their image rather than actually helping their students. If you're not doing too good in school, they just kick you out and don't bother to help. Teachers will talk to you, but all they talk about is how they never failed a student before. Mentioning that doesn't give any help to the student except guilt. Guilt won't help everyone. Just so disappointed in this school. I thought it would be better.

Posted January 3, 2013

We have two daughters currently attending Mercy. We have been very happy with the overall experience. The education that they are receiving has exceeded our expectations.

Posted September 2, 2011

It's the best high school to number one like SI. You will love every moment of it.

Posted August 28, 2011

With my own personal experience I feel disappointed with this school. It is important to shadow or be a student to really know if the school is a right fit for your child and if you feel respected, supported and cared for. Keep in minds things can change.

Posted August 28, 2011

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion, this school disappointed me personally on different levels. As with any school your considering, It is important to shadow or be a student to really know if the school is a right fit for you and even then things can change.

Posted May 27, 2011

We have two duaghters at the school and highly recommend it. The school is committed to providing financial assistance to help offset the tuition. This is a school where a young women can grow and flourish and have many opportunities to discover her talents and passion in life.

Posted November 22, 2010

This is a fabulous school. Tuition is a bit steep, but it is well worth it for what the girls get in academics, athletics and social arenas. My girls love it. One is boy crazy and thought she would hate it but feels it is best not to have boys there so she can focus.

Posted August 17, 2010

The only problem with the school as stated by someone else is the high tuition. It is very expensive, plus the cost of books and other expenses. Aside from the tuition, the teachers and academic program is good yet it feels like your paying a mortgage.

Posted September 14, 2009

Great commitment to education and social responsibility.

Posted July 11, 2009

too focused on image. poor teachers. too expensive

Posted April 1, 2009

The school is way to focused on it's own image rather than the students. I am a senior and I have always felt that the school is more worried about a perfect catholic image rather than the safety and well being of the student. It is stern, which is a good thing because teenagers do need discipline, but I feel that they are strict for the wrong reasons. They cross a line from being strict to being controlling.

Posted September 13, 2008

Mercy Burlingame is the best high school in the area. My daughter loved Mercy since her first day and loved her time there. She was very well prepared for college and she is now going to be graduating from UC in a few months. We are very grateful for all Mercy has given her. I am so glad she went there.

Posted July 31, 2008

We just completed our first year at Mercy Burlingame and we are very pleased with their academics and overall emphasis on having the girls succeed in their academic achievements and overall life goals. Interesting, this message was very clear to us while conducting the 'open house' events at different high schools including Notre Dame HS, Saint Francis HS and St Ignatius. Our daughter is at the top of her class and she loves it!

Posted February 19, 2008

Mercy High School is a great place to have fun while you're learning at the same time. I'm not sure it's the appropriate school for me, but for most girls it is a great learning experience. I know it doesn't have the best academics and thei art program could use some improving, but it is a good high school where you can try your best in a beautiful environment.

Posted August 20, 2006

Mercy High School has an excellent database reference and great resource centers for usage. The school follows a block scheduling system which enables classes to accomplish more. Also, the student/teacher ratio is 15:1. It just shows how your daughter will be taken care of.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 16% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Karen Hanrahan
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2750 Adeline Drive