Posted February 14, 2012
I had all my kids attend large public schools in my area and it was horrible. I drive a little further to have my kids attend this school because its small size classes, teachers are more involved with each student, and its the way schools should be for children. Having them in schools with 40 in a class makes me wonder if this is more of an opportunity for the school to increase money then assure the education of each child.

Mountain House Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
This school does not have a principal, just a secretary, and only 2 teachers. The teacher's aide taught my child more than the actual teacher in the classroom. She does not have teaching credential! The administrators of this school like to run it as if it was a private school, but want to get the taxpayers money for funding. Some of the children have relatives on the School Board and act however they wish, including bullying and assulting other children. The vicitm is then blamed/disciplined for the entire incident, but nothing is done to the agressor because of the family member on the Board. The teacher for 4th - 8th grade screams/yells at the students (escpecially the boys)! Very unprofessional! She has students redo work already graded & sent home because she didn't note it in her grade book. She keeps them in at lunch/recess for makeups for excused absences!

Mountain House Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
If you love your child, DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!! Keep them home and find a good home school program because the Bryon Schools are not much better! They do not know how to teach the children. They give the children the assigments and then let them figure it out on their own! So much for teaching! The field trips are great, for fun, but not much for education, unless you think an amusement park and baseball game are educational excursions. And I hope you like dogs, because the teacher has one IN THE CLASSROOM under her desk! If your child is not a 3rd or 4th generation student, then good luck with the administrators in this school. They will treat you as if you are a piece of trash!

Posted August 18, 2009
We have two children at bethany elemantary school. We are very pleased with the teachers. They work very hard with the student and feed back on a constant basis with the progress of our children.

Mountain House Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2008
I think this is a great school. As a parent of a child that has been there for 7 years I have never felt left out. I feel like my child gets help in weak areas. I feel like the atmosphere of the school is great for the children. My child is not forced to 'grow up' faster than what he/she needs to! I do wish there was more funding available to the school so the children would not have to miss out on extra activities. I think that the teachers, staff and parents do there best to keep extra activities available with fundraisers.

Mountain House Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2006
If the teachers are your concern, the teachers here are tops. If its the atmosphere of the school and its staff, its not an open door for parents. The staff is a bit close knit, relatives of one another, and parents tend to feel left out, especially if your not related to someone on staff. If your child needs extra attention in the classroom then this is the school for you. If activities and clubs are your bag, then this would not be a good school for you.

Mountain House Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2006
I wouldn't recommend this school. I think it's staff can be very close minded at times and isn't always willing to be involved with the parents or accept that a parent wants to be involved with their childs education. They have lower test scores then other schools in the area. Wasn't impressed with the extra activities offered to the kids.

Mountain House Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2006

Posted September 15, 2004
This is a great school! A small school with small classrooms where your child can get a quality education.

Mountain House Elementary School
3950 Mountain House Road, Byron, CA  94514
Last modified Mountain House Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8
Mountain House Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top