Calabasas, CA

Posted September 30, 2014
Great School! Been here for 5 yrs. I have not had any of the issues the previous parents have discussed. The head of the school is amazing! One of a kind! Teachers are fabulous and my child is thriving!

Posted September 29, 2014
This is our 4th year at Muse. We have had an amazing 4 years and have no plans of leaving. Everyone experiences schools differently. I was surprised to read one if the other reviews about the school catering to celebrities. We are not a celebrity family and we have not seen any sort of favoritism or special treatment. But again, parents will experience things differently. Honestly, in every school, there will be parts of the program one likes and dislikes. Our child is thriving! That's important to us! It's respect to the head of the school, it's unfortunate that the previous parents/teachers perceive him as they do. He has been consistent, honest, supportive, and he is a fabulous leader. Thank you Muse for all you do for us!!

Posted September 06, 2014
Children that leave Muse Elementary are consistently behind one year. Example is daughter attended Muse for since age 3 is thru 1st Grade. Is now 7 1/2 and could not pass Public School 1st grade testing. to progress as normally into 2nd Grade.Can barely read and do simplistic math only. So she must start over in 1st grade. Too much emphasis on "being Green" and not enough academics being taught. Do not waste your money and your child's future.

Posted August 16, 2014
I visited for a day to the 1st grade class to see how was the education system they promised inside the classroom. Well, first of all, when The class started with an hour-long video of Niel the scientist guy explaining what electricity is. (Instrad of having the teacher explain) afterwards they were supposed to write an essay but the kids wouldnt want to do it so it took about an hour more. The teacher never bothered to check their grammar nor spelling. After this they had the winter festival rehersal ( the only time I saw the teachers have some kind of discipline). Finally they had like two hours in which the kids had to decide between writing in their notebooks, reading (books that were to simple for first graders), coloring a picture about their little essay and playing connect four. Ok, i get that they have this passion learning system and focused in each child but seriously! Those activities for an outrageous tuition.

Posted June 30, 2014
My 2 children have had an outstanding experience at Muse school. My son was in 3rd Grade and my Daughter was in 2nd Grade, both teachers were fantastic. The principle really cares about the children's needs and make sure that each and every family is looked after and made to feel welcomed along with the office staff. This school pushes the child to there abilities, its very forward thinking and your child is not left behind but encouraged to excel to their full potential, both my kids are striving, I am deeply sad that due to family circumstances we had to relocate back to the UK, but I just can't be thankful enough for the amazing education my children have received, along with the science, Arts, Maths Specialist, Woodwork and so much more as the list goes on and on. I would definitely recommend this school if you want your child to have a well rounded education with so much more. Thank you Muse.

Posted June 19, 2014
This was my first and last year with Muse. I should have known better when the principal kept saying that students were one to 2 grade levels higher by the end of the year. I should have asked where this information came from. Students are not tested before or after so how does he know that students are higher at the end of the year? My child was higher in a public school before coming to Muse. My child cannot sit for long periods of time and cannot do basic skills like remember to put a name on his paper. the school says that they encourage children to listen to their body. My child will walk out on a conversation to use the bathroom or do something else. No respect! My child is so far behind, he has to repeat a grade at his new school. I paid too much money to have him repeat a grade. He wasn't allowed to bring food on campus and would come home starving. While the food is great, it's not for children's growing bodies. They need to eat more than what is provided. The teachers are great, but they are leaving in droves...I wonder why...(we are never told why a teacher randomly leaves). What a shame.

Posted June 08, 2014
I will be short and direct. No one has a voice other then one person there who founded the school. Period! They are becoming fully vegan this coming year which means any one who has other needs are out. The focus is to their celebrity families. The head of school is a complete utterly embarrassment. I refuse to go into details. They are not a credited school. There's no stability with teachers. I have seen five teachers leave in one school years and more will leave this coming year if they re able to find a job some where else. These are facts that are coming from parents and teachers i have spoken to. You decide by going to the school and doing your diligence. 40 percent of families are leaving the school this year. Teachers are decent but cannot be vocal in fear of losing their job. If you have any inertest in this school please go see it for yourself. I ultimately made the decision to have my child attend the school but feel i wasted our time and money. I don t hate nor dislike the school but I feel a need to let other parents know of what is happening.

Posted May 28, 2014
MUSE is a rare find in age of standardized testing and well meaning but poorly concieved educational reforms. My child is thriving at MUSE. He loves the teachers and staff, and dances his way to the car after school, sharing all of his adventures and learnings each day. The individualized learning plans, differentiated instruction and relationship-based teaching is core to MUSE's sucess and students growth. MUSE is evolving and some former parents are clearly uncomfortable with changes implemented to sustain and build a new and unchartered school. The directorship clearly communicates the need and urgency behind these changes. We certainly see these changes as positive. If you are seeking an alternative to public school education and are a fan of the pedagogies of eduction-revolution advocates, Sir Ken Robinson, John Dewy etc, check MUSE out. We could not be happier with this little (but growing) inspired school!

Posted May 14, 2014
We were dissappointed in the school for many reasons. For prospective parents I would suggest really looking at actual work done by the students. There is a deficiency in proper teachers who stay and the reliance on student internet based research is shameful. The internet is not a substitute for a great teacher. A passion based/ personalised curriculum in an inspiring environment surrounded by quality educators is what we signed up for, but Muse sadly falls way short.

Posted April 30, 2014
At first we thought Muse was the perfect Shangri-la. The reality behind the beauty and the seemingly wonderful curriculum is that it is a dangerous place run by disorganized non-educators who think children should learn by being dressed-down and feel parents are bad for their children. Many teachers will quietly tell you they are not supported at all. The field trips are like prison-system outward bound experiences with no concern for the safety or well-being of the child. If you doubt this review, look into the teacher and student attrition rates. The administration is not honest about these facts so ask parents of different grades. Some teachers are very good because they were lured in by the idea and the mission. But, in reality, they are secretly pretty miserable or they leave.
2 people found this helpful