PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We have been at MUSE for 4 years now and love it! My kids are having so much fun learning that they carry that excitement home with them. We have played fun math and language games together that our kids were eager to share with the family. Our four year old is learning to read, write and has an interest in math all because learning is fun! I volunteer to helpout in the classrooms as often as I can and i've been impressed with how the teachers can get on every childs communication level through the use of PCM, this helps the kids to stay focussed on the task at hand and supports their emotional well being. I have used this method at home as well and it definitely helps. My oldest son is full of energy and likes to push the limit on almost everything he does. His teacher recognizes this and uses that understanding to keep my son engaged in the classroom. There are ipads in the classrooms that are occassionally used and the kids can take them home if they choose. One of my sons loves the soccer after school class while my other son chooses robotics. The Head of school has been amazing in making an effort to reach out to the community and get involved. He hosts parent meetings for the whole school to keep us updated on school information and will address any parent concerns. You can even find him out and about sometimes during pickup or dropoff just saying hi and asking how families are doing. I would highly recommend MUSE to anyone looking for a school that is focussed on progressive education. When my kids graduate MUSE I know they will have many useful skills and knowledge from all thier applied learning passion projects that connects what they've learned in school to how they can apply that knowledge in the real world and their careers.

As a parent I don't think any decision we make is easy, from finding the right doctor to finding the right school. I have two boys ages 5 and 7 and by far choosing MUSE has been one of those most confident decisions I have ever made. This is our third year with MUSE and I am honestly blown away by the quality of education, care, insight, and value that this school provides. My boys are very different when it comes to their temperament, interests, and personalities and MUSE has served both of them as individuals extraordinarily. The use of the Process Communication Model, that is a core component of MUSE, teaches the parents, staff, teachers and students what their preferred style of communication is, how they best learn, and what parenting style they will be most responsive to. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and have studied and taught other parents parenting strategies, PCM has changed how I parent and what I teach my own clients tremendously. My 5-year-old will tell me that his channel is "play" and having gone through multiple free trainings offered to MUSE parents I understand what that means and how to utilize it, my little rebel has never been better behaved since implementing this at home. All MUSE teachers are highly trained in this approach and know how to teach and direct my child so that he is learning at his optimum capacity. The self-efficacy and awareness I see from my boys exceeds most adults I know! My 7-year-old is more introverted, quiet, and sensitive. He will tell me his channel is "care" and that he works best alone and in small groups. He knows how to ask for what he needs and how to be most successful. His teachers have been able to teach him so effectively despite having a processing disorder and his confidence is unbelievable. My older son has also been able to identify that his passion right now is carpentry and he has been set up with an internship where he is working with an incredible carpenter weekly! On top of all this the green aspect of MUSE has helped my children understand on a very deep and realistic level how we effect the planet and what we can do to reduce our global impact. MUSE has been a tremendous gift to our family and I am so grateful to be part of this school and community!

We can't rate MUSE highly enough. Our daughters love going to school everyday. And we love it because in addition to great academics, they are getting amazing training in emotional intelligence, social and environmental awareness, arts, music., nature, gardening, engineering, falconry, and so much more! It's a community of parents, staff and children that are full of love . Our girls are developing deep self confidence, powerful communication and an absolute love of learning. And everyone there cares so much about our kids.

Lots of happy fulfilled students here!. I love that interpersonal skills are prioritized for these students; learning how to communicate intelligently with others. The school's philosophy empowers students with confidence to pursue their own interests through STEAM subjects (Science, technology, Engineering, art and math). My son LOVES going to school!

I am the father of a 16 year old junior girl at MUSE school. My daughter, having come from a large public school background, found her voice at MUSE. Not only were her academics easily met, but the girl that exited those doors at the end of the year was one who was more confident, smarter inside and outside of the traditional sense and fully able to tackle the "real" world. I can certainly say she is 100% better off for having attended MUSE School in her junior year of high school.

MUSE is an amazing school! The experience at MUSE is one of wholistic education where the child is celebrated and nurtured in deepening their connection with their own passions in relation to the environment. MUSE celebrates individuality and yet the feeling at campus creates very close relationships.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They can't be effective with ineffective leadership. The don't appear to be supported at all. More than once I have seen the teachers blamed for admin decisions.

Amount of homework: Agree

This i agree with. Elementary school children should not have any homework. This they have right.

Muse has changed the life of our son. He got lost in public schools because he does not learn like other kids learn and they want to teach all kids the same way. This past year has changed his life in unimaginable ways. He is making great friends, his leadership skills are flourishing, he is communicating better than we've ever seen and his ability to comprehend and understand complex situations has grown tremendously. Muse takes learning to a new level. It has recently earned the title "Greenest Kitchen in the World" from the Green Restaurant Association. This happened because Muse understands the importance of taking care of the environment and is instilling it in the children so it becomes second nature instead of an afterthought. We highly recommend Muse to anyone whose values align with Muse's and have passions that need to be unleashed.

There is not enough words to express how happy we are to have our children at muse. This school should be the example of how all schools should be. Every child deserves to be inspired and to be educated in an environment that cultivates creativity. our kids are thriving and being pushed academically and loving it!

Last modified MUSE School CA is a Private school that serves grades PK-12