Calabasas, CA

Posted April 12, 2015
After one year of experiencing what Lupin Hill is about, we decided to transfer our childern to another school. Parents participate in classrooms. However, the school does not tollerate any suggestions. The Principal is egoistic, manipulative and inconsiderate. It's time for her to retire. The staff at front desk are not so friendly. We suggest that you read the reviews carefully before enrolling your child there, and pay extra attention to the negative ones. They are real. We have heard the same from other parents. But, some just don't like to publicise their opinion! We've had a misrable and disappointing experience.

Posted April 12, 2015

Posted February 02, 2015
I don't often write on sites, but after seeing the past two postings I decided that I needed to set the record straight. Let me start by saying that I have had 3 children at Lupin Hill for the past 5 years. We chose the school for its high API scores, the diversity of the students and the community that we felt when touring the campus. My family has had a wonderful experience at the school and my kids are proud to be part of the Lupin Hill community. Lupin Hill has a variety of events that are geared specifically towards kids. The school year starts off with a back-to-school Pizza in the Park, there is a Trunk or Treat in October and in January the school hosts a Family Science Night. All of these events are FREE!!! Yes FREE!!! There are also Family Dances and a Carnival. My overall experience with the teachers and staff has been wonderful. I'd question anyone's ability to be perfect watching over 600 students every day. Lupin is a public school, whose funding is limited by the state. Parents need to realize that public school is no longer free - parents need to invest in their child both with their time and in whatever monetary amount they can.

Posted December 30, 2014
Lupin Hill elementary school is overwhelming school. They throw non sense events to collect money for their sponsors while these events has nothing to do with children. They manipulate the kids to make parents to attend these events and pay money. The parents have no participation in school. They claim they are the best so there is no need for you as parent to express your concerns. The teachers are good but they are very close minded. I had a few suggestions and the way they responded to us, was a shock. I heard the same stories from other parents. The front desk is not freindly at all.

Posted October 30, 2014
My children did not do very well at this school.Good teachers are hit or miss We had several who were just miserable and acted liked they hated kids and teaching. 5th grade teacher Mrs Hunt is wonderful..Principal was not supportive to my child with special needs and played favorite with certain children.My child was accused wrongly of doing something and she immediately determined my child was guilty when not so. She is very good at appearing politically correct and manages to twist the conversation the way she wants.My children did not learn very much at this school but thankfully reversed this in middle school where they were both honor students by 8th grade.This school needs some new leadership principal needs to retire.

Posted March 03, 2013
Excellent school and fabulous school system. My child started this year as a new student and was warmly welcomed. She got a great teacher, Mrs. Mizrahi, and we are thrilled with the instruction, curriculum and the warm and caring attitude. I love that the parents are really hands on and welcome in the classroom and at other activities. I love the before school violin program and the numerous after school activities.

Posted October 03, 2011
PLEASE implement Uniforms. It will not only help with Los Angele's Bullying problems by erasing the socio-economic factor, It will attract parents to move their children from Private school, It will take an emphasis off of negative discussions and precious time that would have been better spent learning! There are only positives when it comes to Uniforms, helps parents avoid arguments about what kids are wearing and want to buy because so & so has it. As well, it puts all kids on a even playing field! It also looks the part that Las Virgenes represents. Im sure enrollment will go up with Uniforms

Posted February 03, 2011
PHONOMENAL SCHOOL! This is an update to an earlier review, we were thrilled to say the least coming to Lupin from a private school last year. The Teachers were warm, caring and the principal, Mrs. Grady is SO Hands On! This Year, I must say that THIS YEAR, It's gotten even better than Last Year which I rated 5 stars then! Mrs. Verney Thomas and Mrs. Chodor are out of this world and I truly mean it! These are the types of teachers a parent can only wish their child would be lucky enough to get and they REALLY DO EXIST! BRAVO Mrs. VERNEY! BRAVO Mrs. CHODOR! BRAVO Mrs. GRADY! Thank you for your warmth, caring and truly inspirational ways! MP's mom

Posted December 17, 2010
The school is great! The teachers are warm and friendly and really care about your child's success in school. The enrichment programs are top notch! I love picking out classes that they can take straight after school right on site! I love that Camp Calabasas (the onsite child care facility) also gets a discount at the onsite martial arts club and the martial arts instructor gathers the members from camp Calabasas and walks them over to the club at 6PM and I just come at 7PM to get them. The school has nice large grassy areas for play, climbers, swings and paved areas too. The parents involvement level is very very high. The only thing I think it needs is a large gymnasium and indoor eating area.

Posted December 07, 2010
My daughter joined Lupin Hills for 1st grade... new town, new school, and we weren't sure what to expect. Wow we were so surprised by the warm, generous welcome we received by the principal, teacher.I am impressed beyond belief at the Public System Las Virgenes has to offer! Lupin Hill is a Role Model for any school to follow!

Lupin Hill Elementary School
26210 Adamor Road, Calabasas, CA  91302
Last modified Lupin Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lupin Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top