Bad
Good

this school is very stressful school. we had two kids and we had a horrible experiance in a degree that we moved our kids to mariposa. the principal acts like fbi agent.. we exchanged a few suggestions about the classrooms with her. She was very offensive and angry. she removed us from volunteering. Recepion workers are not freindly at all. You will have a hard time to talk to them. Kids make fun of each other and other kids food. My kids were miserable.

After one year of experiencing what Lupin Hill is about, we decided to transfer our childern to another school. Parents participate in classrooms. However, the school does not tollerate any suggestions. The Principal is egoistic, manipulative and inconsiderate. It's time for her to retire. The staff at front desk are not so friendly. We suggest that you read the reviews carefully before enrolling your child there, and pay extra attention to the negative ones. They are real. We have heard the same from other parents. But, some just don't like to publicise their opinion! We've had a misrable and disappointing experience.

I don't often write on sites, but after seeing the past two postings I decided that I needed to set the record straight. Let me start by saying that I have had 3 children at Lupin Hill for the past 5 years. We chose the school for its high API scores, the diversity of the students and the community that we felt when touring the campus. My family has had a wonderful experience at the school and my kids are proud to be part of the Lupin Hill community. Lupin Hill has a variety of events that are geared specifically towards kids. The school year starts off with a back-to-school Pizza in the Park, there is a Trunk or Treat in October and in January the school hosts a Family Science Night. All of these events are FREE!!! Yes FREE!!! There are also Family Dances and a Carnival. My overall experience with the teachers and staff has been wonderful. I'd question anyone's ability to be perfect watching over 600 students every day. Lupin is a public school, whose funding is limited by the state. Parents need to realize that public school is no longer free - parents need to invest in their child both with their time and in whatever monetary amount they can.

My children did not do very well at this school.Good teachers are hit or miss We had several who were just miserable and acted liked they hated kids and teaching. 5th grade teacher Mrs Hunt is wonderful..Principal was not supportive to my child with special needs and played favorite with certain children.My child was accused wrongly of doing something and she immediately determined my child was guilty when not so. She is very good at appearing politically correct and manages to twist the conversation the way she wants.My children did not learn very much at this school but thankfully reversed this in middle school where they were both honor students by 8th grade.This school needs some new leadership principal needs to retire.

PLEASE implement Uniforms. It will not only help with Los Angele's Bullying problems by erasing the socio-economic factor, It will attract parents to move their children from Private school, It will take an emphasis off of negative discussions and precious time that would have been better spent learning! There are only positives when it comes to Uniforms, helps parents avoid arguments about what kids are wearing and want to buy because so & so has it. As well, it puts all kids on a even playing field! It also looks the part that Las Virgenes represents. Im sure enrollment will go up with Uniforms

PHONOMENAL SCHOOL! This is an update to an earlier review, we were thrilled to say the least coming to Lupin from a private school last year. The Teachers were warm, caring and the principal, Mrs. Grady is SO Hands On! This Year, I must say that THIS YEAR, It's gotten even better than Last Year which I rated 5 stars then! Mrs. Verney Thomas and Mrs. Chodor are out of this world and I truly mean it! These are the types of teachers a parent can only wish their child would be lucky enough to get and they REALLY DO EXIST! BRAVO Mrs. VERNEY! BRAVO Mrs. CHODOR! BRAVO Mrs. GRADY! Thank you for your warmth, caring and truly inspirational ways! MP's mom

The school is great! The teachers are warm and friendly and really care about your child's success in school. The enrichment programs are top notch! I love picking out classes that they can take straight after school right on site! I love that Camp Calabasas (the onsite child care facility) also gets a discount at the onsite martial arts club and the martial arts instructor gathers the members from camp Calabasas and walks them over to the club at 6PM and I just come at 7PM to get them. The school has nice large grassy areas for play, climbers, swings and paved areas too. The parents involvement level is very very high. The only thing I think it needs is a large gymnasium and indoor eating area.

My daughter joined Lupin Hills for 1st grade... new town, new school, and we weren't sure what to expect. Wow we were so surprised by the warm, generous welcome we received by the principal, teacher.I am impressed beyond belief at the Public System Las Virgenes has to offer! Lupin Hill is a Role Model for any school to follow!

Lupin Hill has an inviting and warm environment. Their teachers are sincere and dedicated.

Last modified Lupin Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.