Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school had me detained just for asking the location of the main office. I'm autistic, and for some reason the staff saw this as reason enough to exercise draconian authority over my physical person. Hopefully they don't take it out on the student for the fact that I gave them a bad review.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

An institution which behaves without integrity couldn't possibly instill integrity in others. A person or group teaches from what they know. They provide from their own storehouse. Integrity is on back-order.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I suppose they must be effective. The school has a great reputation, so either the school has a great program, or a great marketing team.

Amount of homework: no rating

I don't have enough information about that to say one way or another. Quantity of homework isn't really an indicator of education.

Develops character: Disagree

I don't feel that the administration has acted with integrity, but I don't know if that means they are capable of developing integrity in others. It seems to me that people who act with integrity are better suited to develop integrity in others. Students who go to their school get their integrity from home, and from each other, I think, or from the teachers.

Principal Miles was highly unprofessional, as was Superintendent Stepenosky. I think the reputation of the school district has gone to their heads a bit too much. I've never seen school officials so sick with power. They actually seem to run the police department and fire department. Does this city have a mayor?

I agree with much of what the negative reviews say, but, as a former student, I think some of the negativity has been exaggerated. While some of the teachers at this school were undoubtedly much less than satisfactory, there were many teachers that were indeed worthwhile, like one of my English teachers, all of my science teachers, two of my math teachers, and one of my social science teachers. Most memorably, my Spanish teachers were amazing, one of whom has unfortunately retired. However, none of my teacher-student experiences can make amends for the rough path my family and I traveled against the principal, who was and still is egotistical and terrible at doing her job. In addition, my counselor, perhaps the same one as mentioned below, failed to do her job when I needed her assistance. Average school..some great teachers and some horrific admin.

So much happier with the new school I put my child in after pulling my child out of AE Wright Principal is so full of herself and very unhelpful to parents.One counselor in particular who hopefully for the other kids still going there has retired was awful.Spoke to another parent who had the same exact terrible experience with her .A few old time good teachers but most not very impressive. P.E teachers are the worst and even if you have an athletic child they will wind up dreading P.E with the drill seargents that call themselves teachers.School is over half filled with kids from out of district as anyone can lie to get in.They don't do any checking. Much happier with the other LVUSD school we switched to.Completely different atmosphere from how the campus is kept up to the attitude of student's and teachers.Wish I would have made the switch earlier because this school is seriously lacking for a LVUSD school.

AE Wright is a great school. My child is coming out of LAUSD where the teachers don't care and have way too much on their plates. The teachers there take their time and are so amazing on all levels. The English Language Art teachers are so on point and really get the job done with the students. The kids are great and the involvements by teachers and parents is unreal. The teachers communicate with the parents and are very helpful.

While the principal is nice, as a parent, I have found many things lacking about this school, from the curriculum to the quality of teachers. Moreover, my child was bullied on the basis of his race, and this is not the first time this school has had such challenges in the past. There is even a video, posted by kids, that demonstrates this ignorance.

Last modified Arthur E. Wright Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.