Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 24, 2016
The principal's administrative assistance staff was really the single shining light of my experience. They seemed like they cared and understood. I'm not sure how they actually felt, but they certainly presented themselves with much more professionalism than their boss did.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted March 24, 2016
I suppose they must be effective. The school has a great reputation, so either the school has a great program, or a great marketing team.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted March 24, 2016
I don't have enough information about that to say one way or another. Quantity of homework isn't really an indicator of education.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted March 24, 2016
If my experience is any indication, the students would need to have a lot of grit to be able to deal with the size of the egos involved in executive management.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 24, 2016
If my experiences with the principal and superintendent are any indication, these men are definitely not accustomed to being disagreed with. If the students are treated this way, I'd expect fear to develop, and cronyism, but thankfully there are other influences.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted March 24, 2016
I think the students develop their own empathy, but I think it's tough to teach true empathy in such an exclusive community.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted March 24, 2016
I don't feel that the administration has acted with integrity, but I don't know if that means they are capable of developing integrity in others. It seems to me that people who act with integrity are better suited to develop integrity in others. Students who go to their school get their integrity from home, and from each other, I think, or from the teachers.

Arthur E. Wright Middle School 1

Posted March 24, 2016
Principal Miles was highly unprofessional, as was Superintendent Stepenosky. I think the reputation of the school district has gone to their heads a bit too much. I've never seen school officials so sick with power. They actually seem to run the police department and fire department. Does this city have a mayor?

Arthur E. Wright Middle School 3

Posted November 25, 2014
I agree with much of what the negative reviews say, but, as a former student, I think some of the negativity has been exaggerated. While some of the teachers at this school were undoubtedly much less than satisfactory, there were many teachers that were indeed worthwhile, like one of my English teachers, all of my science teachers, two of my math teachers, and one of my social science teachers. Most memorably, my Spanish teachers were amazing, one of whom has unfortunately retired. However, none of my teacher-student experiences can make amends for the rough path my family and I traveled against the principal, who was and still is egotistical and terrible at doing her job. In addition, my counselor, perhaps the same one as mentioned below, failed to do her job when I needed her assistance. Average school..some great teachers and some horrific admin.

Arthur E. Wright Middle School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
So much happier with the new school I put my child in after pulling my child out of AE Wright Principal is so full of herself and very unhelpful to parents.One counselor in particular who hopefully for the other kids still going there has retired was awful.Spoke to another parent who had the same exact terrible experience with her .A few old time good teachers but most not very impressive. P.E teachers are the worst and even if you have an athletic child they will wind up dreading P.E with the drill seargents that call themselves teachers.School is over half filled with kids from out of district as anyone can lie to get in.They don't do any checking. Much happier with the other LVUSD school we switched to.Completely different atmosphere from how the campus is kept up to the attitude of student's and teachers.Wish I would have made the switch earlier because this school is seriously lacking for a LVUSD school.

4029 North Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas, CA  91302-1927
Last modified Arthur E. Wright Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.