Posted November 25, 2014
I agree with much of what the negative reviews say, but, as a former student, I think some of the negativity has been exaggerated. While some of the teachers at this school were undoubtedly much less than satisfactory, there were many teachers that were indeed worthwhile, like one of my English teachers, all of my science teachers, two of my math teachers, and one of my social science teachers. Most memorably, my Spanish teachers were amazing, one of whom has unfortunately retired. However, none of my teacher-student experiences can make amends for the rough path my family and I traveled against the principal, who was and still is egotistical and terrible at doing her job. In addition, my counselor, perhaps the same one as mentioned below, failed to do her job when I needed her assistance. Average school..some great teachers and some horrific admin.

Posted October 29, 2014
So much happier with the new school I put my child in after pulling my child out of AE Wright Principal is so full of herself and very unhelpful to parents.One counselor in particular who hopefully for the other kids still going there has retired was awful.Spoke to another parent who had the same exact terrible experience with her .A few old time good teachers but most not very impressive. P.E teachers are the worst and even if you have an athletic child they will wind up dreading P.E with the drill seargents that call themselves teachers.School is over half filled with kids from out of district as anyone can lie to get in.They don't do any checking. Much happier with the other LVUSD school we switched to.Completely different atmosphere from how the campus is kept up to the attitude of student's and teachers.Wish I would have made the switch earlier because this school is seriously lacking for a LVUSD school.

Posted July 24, 2014
While the principal is nice, as a parent, I have found many things lacking about this school, from the curriculum to the quality of teachers. Moreover, my child was bullied on the basis of his race, and this is not the first time this school has had such challenges in the past. There is even a video, posted by kids, that demonstrates this ignorance.

Posted June 05, 2014
Thank goodness I am almost done with this school. I have spent 3 dreadful years here. The teachers here are horrible because all they want is their monthly pay check. Also, the principal is sexist. In her 6 years of being a principal, she only hired one male teacher. Also, if a teacher is friends with the principal, she won't get fired. No matter what she does, she will stay at the school if she's friends with the principal. There is this little circle of teacher friends that think that their all that. Also, the kids have their way of bullying that teacher don't understand. It is not talked about in this bullying program that is usless. Also, we have to write essays in every class twice a semester. (Even in PE) because the principal wants us to write more. Instead of writing, how about we LEARN more. Also, this school stresses PE way too much. We run 2 1/2 miles every Tuesday. PE is broadcasted as more important than academics. Your GPA will be affected if you have a B in PE. Overall, do not send your kids here.

Posted April 11, 2014
DON'T GO TO AEWRIGHT. Worst school ever!! The teachers hate their jobs and just want the monthly pay check and good test scores. It is a complete joke. The school dances are poorly funded and are NOT fun. The kids are snobby and VERY perverted. I came into aewright not cussing at all and come out knowing every curse word on the planet because of these kids. And another thing is you can't express your individuality. Everyone dresses the same in their exspensive slutty outfits and they expect everyone else to be like them. I've been called many names by the kids. One child told his PE teacher he would commit suicide if he didn't meet the unbeatable state standard mile cut off time. Then he failed and the teacher did not care when he told her while crying. I have spent 3 dreadful years at this school and do not advise it for anyone. The best compromise is to home school so ur kept away from the corrupt school systems. :)

Posted February 04, 2014
Hi, my cousin came here for 6 & 7th grade. He said his experience here was horrible. His PE teacher called him a "fat baby" and invaded his privacy by looking on through his phone. My aunt took this up with the principal and she took the PE teacher's side. There were also many problems with bullying (kids are NOT just being kids). My aunt was furious with A.E. Wright and pulled him out of there. My cousin is now attending A.C. Stelle and is having a much better time.

Posted September 28, 2012
A.E. Wright can be one of your worst and best school experiences. If you're looking for a public school because you cannot afford private school, however, AEW really can be a great option. Despite this, many teachers are awful and simply boring. With a few exceptions, like the 8th grade Algebra honors teacher, 7th grade science teacher, and the GATE 8th grade social studies teacher, I loathed almost every teacher I had while I was at AEW. I would say that my 8th grade GATE social studies teacher, for example, was very funny; however, frequently, it got out of control, and her teaching methods weren't perfect but good enough, while my 8th GATE English teacher was a nightmare and was incredibly unfair with grading. She despised everyone, excluding a few goody-goody teacher's pets she loved. The school truly has gone from a good one to a bad one, with virtually all of the school's decent teachers retiring in the past two years. If you can go to AC Stelle, I recommend going there instead. Overall, I would say that I did enjoy my AE Wright experience, but it was mostly because I was with many friends...There are some definite issues that need to be resolved by the school itself.

Posted September 01, 2012
the school is good just the science and social studies program subjects are not really organized subjects for the 6th grade but the after school programs are good they stay until 5:30 this year they might stay until 6:30 thats when theyll feed them dinner supposedly

Posted May 28, 2012
This school has gone from really good, to really bad, I'm an 8th grader here at AE Wright and have been here for 2 years. For one, the teachers are HORRIBLE, now I know people say "You're always going to have bad teachers" But they seriously have no idea what they're doing. I would suggest Lindero Canyon Middle school as I've visited and they're school was clean and no body started fights or anything. AE Wright's Principle is the worst principle I've EVER had. She's the wicked witch of the west, I'm not kidding. They'res no parent involvement and if you have bad grades they help you for about a week and then they just leave it to you. If your child has a disability like ADD or ADHD or Dyslexia they won't care, I've brought in a note for my ADD (from my doctor) and even when I can't pay very good attention I get punished for it. I highly HIGHLY suggest you look at another school, they trick you at first making you think it's a great school by getting a 10/10 but I would give this school a -2/10 just because the 7th grade science teacher makes everyone's day, the Drama teacher is amazing aswell, PE is no good. Thanks for reading my review, please don't pick this school.

Arthur E. Wright Middle School 5

Posted April 27, 2012
My Son was at Sierra Canyon, we moved him over to this district a few years ago- We Love this school!

Arthur E. Wright Middle School
4029 North Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas, CA  91302
Last modified Arthur E. Wright Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur E. Wright Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top