PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Calmont School has done wonders for our son. With its small class sizes, respect for the individual child and focus on peaceful conflict resolution, he has developed a healthy self-confidence and is doing very well academically. The school is located in an amazing location with proximity to nature and plenty of opportunities for outside play. It has a great environmental sciences program that matches its location, and overall the teachers do a great job in adapting the curriculum to individual needs. So far I have had no complaints from my son, he is always happy to go to school.

We recently moved to California from England and searched all of LA county for the best school. This is it!! Calmont School promotes self-reliance, compassion and fosters a sense of teamwork, the intellectual freedom to be creative, confident, curious. The kids here have an independence of mind and spirit. The small class sizes allow the teachers to achieve the academic success we had hoped for. The environmental science program is amazing. The children go hiking every Friday to learn about their surroundings. Our new Head of School, Ruth Glass is dedicated to creating an astounding academic curriculum second to none. And Coach Darren has a brilliant sports program where my eight-year-old daughter plays football. My kids are thriving. We love it.

Because of Calmont's small class size and excellent teachers, my child has received the individualized attention that every student deserves but often doesn't find at other schools. Calmont offers a warm, nurturing, accepting environment in a beautiful, natural setting that is unparalleled among public or private schools. The education is hands-on and exciting, and my daughter is thriving!

I am so excited about our new principal. She is great. I have two happy and flourishing kids. We love Calmont.

In my opinoin, everyone here at Calmont, i.e., The Calmont Community -- students, teachers, parents, and administrators -- is galvanized by one goal: Every single student will go forward with an educated sense of self. To strive toward the highest levels of their respective self esteems that will allow our children to make thoughtout choices, and recover from their respective mistakes with a healthy sense of growth and new found knowledge. I have seen a desire to learn, to give back and help others achieve their respective goals on the Calmont Campus like nowhere else...and this is in reference to how the students learn to behave. To make this happen, teachers, students, and parents commit themselves to an exceptionally personalized educational program with ideal student/teacher ratios that allow for unwavering standards for academic work and accountability. If they have to trade sleep, exercise, and family time to achieve this, that's a sacrifice I have witnessed the teachers, administrators and parents at Calmont are willing to make. We did not join this school community simply for learning. We could have gotten that from any number of schools in various price ranges. We committed to Calmont because the people here realize we have a problem with the education system, and at Calmont they/we are doing something to change it. With my warmest regards, Brad Wear Father of George Wear (7th Grader '09-10)

We love Calmont. My daughter has been there for six years and loves going to school every day. The teachers are the best, the setting is amazing, the atomosphere is family.

Calmont provides a nurturing, natural setting, and an excellent education. All children would thrive in this community. Our child is excitied to go to school each day, and is loving her learning experience.

After visiting every private school from Santa Monica to Chatsworth, Calmont is the best school there is, period. I feel so grateful that we get to go there.

Visit the place and look at the faces of the kids and you will know why this is a very special school.

We have now been at Calmont for one full year. We were hesitant to go the private route, as both my husband and I went to public schools and public universities. However, you make educational decisions based on the needs of the individual child. Our son was not having his needs met in the public system. He is extremely bright, and was underserved for his academic high functioning level, and more importantly, his social skills were sorely wanting. Calmont absolutely changed his life. He has more friends now than he has ever had before. Calmont is a place where the individual is celebrated! He is thriving academically as he is finally being challenged! His need to ask questions and intellectually explore to a deeper level is not frowned upon as disruptive. We have found a place where he feels accepted for who he is. What greater gift can we give him!

Last modified Calmont is a Private school that serves grades PK-9