956 students|Pleasant Valley

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted April 06, 2016
Very happy with Las Colinas. As a newer member of the community, we based our home search to live in the Las Colinas area. We have an 8th and 6th grader and their transition has been great. Both children have good relationships with their teachers, and as a member of the PTSA (and very involved parent), I feel that I'm 100% in the loop.

Las Colinas Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
That's interesting! The other single working mother with a child not as responsible seems to have the exact same experience as myself. What a trying year! Some teachers just don't want to put in the extra effort, they do the minimum and are satisfied with that. I am constantly on Parent Connect, constantly emailing, constantly involved to absolutely very little progress. Even with the involved teachers I never receive a nice email saying my kid did anything well but the staff is always quick to call, email, or send me letters of what my child did to screw up. No positive reinforcement, no warmth at all from anyone. If you have a child that is going through some teenage angst right now beware, you are going to age yourself about 10 years. It will just frustrate you daily. My child says that some teachers show videos, don't do much teaching, are not interesting, and are completely disconnected from the students. Very little hw. Agree, no school buses so 11-13 year olds are trusted to walk home on their own after school or sit on the school grounds early (really?). Nothing to do afterschool if you are not sport oriented. Elective artistic classes are not offered in every grade.

Las Colinas Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
This school is great!!!!!! A student myself, I went through my 3 years with positive experiences. I advanced so much and in the end, I've grown to love the school, and now miss it. If you send your child to this school, make sure you are a responsible parent and make sure you help your child if he/she needs help, because the busy teachers don't have the time to put in extra effort to help a student. There are lots of clubs, and more activites, they started these changes in 2012-2013 ( some happen during school and all participate) . I hope this has helped :)

Las Colinas Middle School 3

Posted July 26, 2012
School is ok, neither good nor terrible. Teachers will not put in that extra effort to help a student that is not the most responsible, even when I am involved and asking for their help on their end. Lots of excuses why they are too busy, too stressed, too overwhelmed. I find my child is lost in the shuffle. Not enough hw, no projects whatsoever. Strange considering everyone else I speak with in other districts have kids with tons of hw. A huge complaint is that as many times as I've asked what a non sporty girl can do after school there has been nothing except basketball and other sports. Also, no school bus to pick up in the morning or drop off in the afternoon????? HUH? That is absolutely terrible for us working single mothers!

Posted October 13, 2011
Honors teachers for 6-7th are outstanding. My son loves his teachers and enjoys going to school. He is able to take band as an elective and plays an instrument every day at school for all 3 years, his choice of instrument. The principal is down to Earth, approachable and professional. My biggest regret to date is leaving my older child at a local technology k-8 program because this program is better in every way, especially the teachers. Awesome school.

Las Colinas Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
I have had one child go all the way through Las Colinas and have another one there now. My one real complaint is that the teaching is very uneven, particularly in the areas of science and math (even in the honors program). There are some wonderful math and science teachers. But there are also some so horrible, I am seriously considering switching schools just to avoid the possibility that my 7th grader gets a particular science teacher.

Posted January 11, 2010
Great School -well run. Experienced teachers who prepare kids well for High School. Great honors program. Lots of school spirit, and clubs for kids to join. As well as a Basketball and track team. Even a proposed field Hockey team. It is a large school but smoothly run. Your child will not get lost here.

Posted April 07, 2009
las colinas is a great school few fights non viloence and if there is a problem friendly teachers/staff will take care of the problems

Posted February 07, 2009
This school is NOT crowded! There are so many extra curricular activities and the teachers and staff are amazing! I am honored to be able to go here! Best school ever! Very safe, alot of parent involvement, and the teachers are all very experienced. This school has prepared me so much for high school, and I know I will be confident when I start High School next year! No one can beat this school! I Love this school and I am A PROUD Mustang!

Posted October 10, 2008
Very well run middle school, teachers are experienced, honors program keeps kids on their toes and at the same time helps to keep their interests, principal is very open to suggestions. Prepares the children well for high school.

5750 Fieldcrest Drive, Camarillo, CA  93012-4303
Last modified Las Colinas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.