Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

University Preparation School At Csu Channel Islands 3

Posted February 25, 2016
This school is OK. The office staff is awesome and hard working, the vice principal and principal are not very friendly or personable. I've never seen them once greet the kids at the gate in the mornings. The teachers are OK and they seem to have a good plan for children who are falling behind but there is no plan for children who need a challenge. My son is bored and unchallenged, we are switching schools next year to a school where they can address the needs of all children.

Posted December 31, 2015
It is our first year at this school and the curriculum is diverse and the teaching techniques are wonderful. My son has learned a lot about different subjects and has grown along with his peers. Overall great school.

Posted October 05, 2009
My daughter came from a few schools that definitely did not seem to have her best interests at heart. She started at UPS after the school year was already underway, and she loves it. It is such a wonderful school, and I know they treat my daughter like she is a person, not student number 148755, or the 32nd one in a class. She is very happy here, and I suggest any parent who takes their child's well being into concern, and not just their education, should look into becoming part of this school.

Posted June 25, 2009
i love this school. there are sooo many fun,great ,nice theachwers that teach us so many things.

Posted May 19, 2009
This is an excellent school, I'm sorry that we are moving. The teachers and administrators have been extremely conscientious and involved.

Posted January 29, 2009
This school is one of the best schools in America and also has good learning. Something that is very exciting is that it has both English and Spanish language learning!

Posted September 10, 2008
My child is now in 4th grade at UPS and has been there since kindergarten. We have had an amazing experience at this school. The teachers and administrators really take the time to get to know the families and understand our children's needs. The feeling when you walk on campus is warm and welcoming. I remember this from when I came on the tour before my son was enrolled. When I conference with teachers I am amazed at how much they can tell me about my own child. The administration seems to have a very open door policy and I have always felt comfortable approaching them with questions. The office staff is also warm, welcoming, and very informed. Overall amazing place!

Posted August 19, 2008
Another great first day of school. The administration, teachers and office staff had everything perfect for our children. The best thing is that I know my children are in the best place for thier school experience! We have been here for a few years and appreciate how everyone works together for the students. Thank you UPS!

Posted June 11, 2008
Both my children attend this school. My daughter is now going into the 2nd grade and has been attending since preschool, my son is now going into kindergarten, after 2 yrs of preschool (birthday falls after deadline). I have been very pleased with the school s efforts and the care they really display. I am a working mom and love that I can communicate with my children s teachers via e-mail. The education of your children really is a team effort and if both parents and teachers work together it makes all the difference in the world and this is what I love about this school and of course my kids now speak better Spanish than I do and I am Latina. Can t say enough!

Posted April 17, 2008
I have a child in dual-language kindergarten this year, after attending the preschool last year. She has had an amazing year. She is reading, adding, writing creative stories, and loving going to school. Her two teachers (English and Spanish) are supportive, warm, patient, and loving. The enrichment in the arts and stellar physical education programs have also been wonderful. Parents are involved and positive.

550 Temple Avenue, Camarillo, CA  93010-4833
Last modified University Preparation School At Csu Channel Islands is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.