Public charter
Camarillo, CA
After care: No

Posted March 18, 2014
We agonized for months between the local Catholic school (which we also liked very much) and CAPE. We decided to try CAPE knowing it was a one-time "take it or leave it" opportunity and are SO happy with our choice. Unfortunately, our child's kindergarten teacher (who we loved) moved away after Christmas break. This is where the excellence of CAPE really came to light and that was how seamlessly the transition was handled with minimal disruption for the students. My child got another excellent K teacher and continues to flourish. We are here for the long haul and thankful that we will not have another difficult school choice to make until high school!

Posted November 17, 2011
CAPE is the place to send your kids for a top notch education! Academic standards are set very high for students with the GATE and honors programs built into the curriculum for ALL students. My children have made tremendous academic strides at this school. The teachers and staff have consistently proven to be very caring and supportive. The student population is diverse. Bullying is not tolerated. This school should be held as the model for how to run all schools in California. Parental involvement is big at CAPE with each family required to serve 1 hour per week. My only wish is that this school would go all the way through 12th grade. That would ensure a solidly outstanding K-12 education in preparation for the university.

Posted March 04, 2010
I cant say enough about this school! It has been everything that I have been looking for. Great teachers and staff with great communication with parents. Lots of parent envolvment. This is my son's second year here and he is doing awsome; reading above grade level and loving school. I love C.A.P.E.!!!!!!

Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education 0

Posted September 15, 2009
Outstanding school. Teacher run and parent driven. Efficient operations model. Happy kids. Solid school, great scores and super staff. This is a role-model charter setup too, with plenty of volunteerism on board.

Posted June 21, 2009
CAPE has exceeded my expectations! As a parent of a kindergartener I was impressed by the teacher s high expectations for her students, which the kids happily lived up to. In addition there were many field trips that aided in the 'hands on' educational style of learning by doing. They make learning fun through intrinsic motivation and the kids respond wonderfully to this learning style! Our teacher went above and beyond what was necessary on so many levels and it s very obvious when you see the great success of her students. We couldn't be happier!

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted September 29, 2008
'C.A.P.E. has been a wonderful experience with all of the teacher to student interaction. It is Education and fun all at the same time. I can't wait for it to be a K-12 school!

Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education 3

Posted July 14, 2008

Posted June 25, 2008
CAPE ended up being all that I had hoped and more. For my 3rd and 4th grader there were very high academic expectations, which kept them both challenged. They also enjoyed the support and feeling at home with their principal, office staff, and teachers. They also took the opportunity to participate in activities outside the classroom that were the icing on the cake.

Posted June 23, 2008
I am extremely satisfied with the education my children are receiving at CAPE. Both children are reading far above grade level, their thought process demonstrates maturity and breadth of understanding. They both succeed at math, algebra, geometry, and complex science concepts. The Arts are represented by musical theatre, band, strings, and artist/composer of the month to learn from. The bi yearly Mini Courses program have allowed them to experience different disciplines from areospace to law practice from camping to crafts. The teachers and parents work together to create a nurturing environment. Due to the espousing of the Open Philosophy, no awards are given to inspire children's performance. Instead, the faculty create an environment conducive to life long learning with hands on challenges and fun learning programs that inspire our students to learn for learning's sake. I would recommend CAPE to any parent with college bound students.

Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education
777 Aileen Street, Camarillo, CA  93010
Last modified Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Camarillo Academy of Progressive Education Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top