Camarillo, CA

Las Posas Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
The Las Posas PTA has worked very hard to raise money to fund a PE and music program. I am very happy that the children are able to have this type of curriculum and will continue to support the PTA. Ms. Bendinelli has been my son and daughter's first grade teacher and she is a blessing to this school. It would be nice to see more parents helping out and volunteering.

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a great school! We are a military family and we have two children at the school. The school have outstanding teachers who continues to challenge our children at their level. This is our third year at the school and the teachers go above and beyond our expectations. The office staff is friendly and the principle is fantastic. We also really appreciate the PTA for all they do for the school. I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 10, 2013
This school is awesome. We have a wonderful principal, that has does wonders for the kids. My daughter had Ms. A Griffin in second grade and she was amazing, and now she has Mrs. Walk and we love her too. The PTA has helped the school achieve things that some schools don't get, like P.E. and Music and this year Art. Over all I would recommend this school to any moving into the area. They are many military, and very accommidating to the military families that come and go.

Posted September 09, 2013
Las Posas Elementary is a great school. We are a military family and my children were welcomed and felt comfortable immediately after arriving to the school. The teachers, principal and staff collaborate with the PTA and always keep the children's needs as the #1 priority. Las Posas Leopards also have SPIRIT! Health and fitness is a top priority for the children. The intramural sports program is run by our very own teacher. Our students love the opportunity to learn a sport and how to work well with each other. It is a great program that only exists because of our dedicated staff.

Posted May 23, 2013
The new principal is a true leader - and what a huge difference that makes! This school is a focused on the kids, challenging them academically and developing them socially and emotionally. Las Posas has made a huge turn toward becoming a 5-star school. If you want an ultra-fancy place with new buildings, this is not it. If you want teachers that teach because they love inspiring and preparing kids for the future, then Las Posas is a wonderful option. The grounds are kept clean and organized and the huge field, garden, library, playgrounds and multi-purpose room serve the students well. Having met and coordinated with many teachers and members of the administration, and after spending hundreds of hours on campus with witness to lots of behind the scenes interactions, I would recommend this school to a friend or newly transferred military family. Sometimes star-ratings don't tell the whole story and in the case of Las Posas, the campus has changed in many ways with the addition of many accomplished and creative teachers and leadership respected throughout the region.

Posted June 09, 2012
Las Posas has a warm inviting campus with great teachers. The past two principals haven't been able to balance grants, teacher support, parent support, and student discipline. However, next year, a very seasoned elementary school principal (leaving Rancho Rosal) will be joining us and has great expertise in balancing all areas. This great school will finally have a strong leader!

Las Posas Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2011
I have had 3 kids go to this school one started in kindergarden, and graduated last year as a 5 th grader. One started as a preschooler and went up to 4th . And I have one in kindergarden. I have been a very active parent, going too ALL the school functions, fund raisers and even volunteered there 4 days a week for 3 different grades. So let me just say this....this is a great school, has some real gem teachers and staff. I really loved this school up til last year. 2 years ago we got a new principal, a man who is not for the best for the children, or the staff. Horrible if you need to deal with him in anyway, and not fair. I would also warn you that I would never put my kid in the preschool program with the current male teacher as well. I feel like my lil one was not pre pared for kindergarten at all! It was brought to the principals attention by more that 4 parents that I know of as well as staff, and nothing was done! Too bad because like I said some teachers there are truly priceless.....I am currently looking for another school to put my two in and get as far away from this one as possible, until I hear they get a new principal.....I would stay far away fro this school!!!!

Las Posas Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2011
For the final semester of 4th grade Las Posas students were asked to read a biography of a person who impacted the nation in a positive way. Instead of writing an essay for this reading as usual students were asked to color and post pictures with captions. Compared to other local schools students at Las Posas 4th grade are not challenged to perform as their co-horts. Las Posas is not delivering an education a student will need to compete for jobs. The principal and teachers do not invite nor take advantage of parent involvement.

Las Posas Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2010
Student confidentiality is practically nonexistent at Las Posas School. On many occasions I have had personal student information and speculative gossip dumped on me by a teacher. It really is a shame to see educated professionals engage in this type of bully behavior.

Posted May 20, 2010
All schools in Camarillo are great- but what matters the most are the teachers and the students...a community of learners that make everyone feel important and encourage growth.

Las Posas Elementary School
75 Calle La Guerra, Camarillo, CA  93010
Last modified Las Posas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Posas Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top