890 students|Pleasant Valley

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted November 13, 2015
It depends on who is the teacher. I have seen a very mean one, but I think most of them are nice and knowledgeable.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 13, 2015
I am not sure about fairness. The person who beat up my son was not punished, so it happened again!

Monte Vista Middle School 1

Posted November 13, 2015
The authorities don't have any supervision on the students. My child was bullied and beaten up twice. The dean said it was his fault!!!! Left a lunch for him 30 minutes before his lunch time. They forgot to give it to him until 4 pm when I went to pick him up. No apology to my son or me what so ever! My son is above average student still I regret for sending him to this school.

Posted August 24, 2014
This is a great school. I am a student here and it will be the best memories I will ever have. And it is better than Los colinas because we have a block schedule so it will be less stressful. And the teachers are so helpful when u don't understand something.

Posted July 20, 2014
We live in another District but had to move my kids due to problems at their school that the Principal could not fix. We found Monte Vista and my kids had a great year. They met some new nice friends and did very well academically. The Principal is great and so are all the staff. The school Counselor is amazing! We are looking forward to another great school year.

Monte Vista Middle School 4

Posted June 25, 2014
My child just finished 8th grade at Monte Vista. He had a great time the three years he was there. We never had any problems with other students and it was easy for me to contact all of the teachers.

Monte Vista Middle School 1

Posted August 29, 2013
Students at this school should be doing better. Are they getting the education they deserve? Similar schools seem to be doing a better job.

Monte Vista Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
hi i go to this school and i like it. some of the teachers are good some are great and some are uh not so great. i rated it 4 but its more like a 3 in a half.

Posted May 09, 2013
Monte Vista, while not perfect, is an extraordinary school. Almost all of the teachers want to help and guide you to a good future. The programs there are amazing, and some, like the ASB and the Art program, really let the students shine through and show their full potential. I would recommend it to anyone looking for possible options in education.

Posted November 21, 2010
Monte Vista is a great middle school, with a great staff. I remember my parents wanted to send me to a private school. Without some convincing from friends, I would have probably gone to one, but I'm really happy I didn't. Monte Vista has made me the person who I am today. Parents know that a child's teen years are the most important ones, teens begin to think about what they want to do with their lives, what kind of friends they want to have, and who they really are. They have engaging electives to suit ones interests. Their Principal and especially Vice Principal are extraordinary. The connection between administration and teachers is impeccable. All their teachers are great role models that have an impact on the students' lives. Monte Vista has an exceptional "Renaissance" program, that awards students with academic excellence. The ASB, organizes fantastic activities, dances, and fundraisers. This school also offers extra help for 8th grade students struggling in Algebra. The campus is very beautiful, and has a positive influence on students. This school's vision of students enjoying being together, while preparing themselves for the future is what makes this school great.

888 North Lantana Street, Camarillo, CA  93010-3023
Last modified Monte Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.