Posted May 20, 2014
SRTMS's elementary school is amazing. The teachers are great and the classroom sizes are just right. It's a little small but you grow old with your friends. The middle school however fails miserably. I was a straight A student and I went to high school and struggled. I hate to blame it on the middle school but truly it just isn't a good one. The students are overall nice but it's time for some new middle school teachers. When the principle doesn't send his own kids to the middle school but the elementary, that's a red flag.

Posted March 03, 2014
This school is perfect for average students. It isn't designed for those who have gifts or are exceptional. Gifted students find themselves bored, frustrated and seeking alternatives. Having had 2 children attend SRTMS, my experience was adequate, not great. The teachers and principal are committed to their jobs however the skill level of the teachers vary greatly. From a technological stand point, if this is a technology magnet, we have a lot to be concerned about. This may be the best that the public school system has to offer which is why I moved my kids to private school. They can release incompetent teachers, have a more diverse program (including a real language and music program) and can meet the needs of gifted students. So sad for the truly bright students who are there through 8th grade.

Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School 2

Posted December 03, 2013
I am absolutely disappointed with this school. My child attended about 1 1/2 and what not so smart decision we made when we decided to put my child in this school instead of her home school. They are rude (specially the older lady in the front office) who is never helpful, and it seems to rule everything including the over hyperactive Principal who is nothing but a yeller and self centered individual. Many parents are involved, some of them seem rule the school and get special treatment over other families (specially the ones with less money) from teachers and faculty. It was frustrating to talk to a teacher who never followed through with anything. I am so happy to have found a better school for my child, and I feel bad for those who are sold into the whole "rating" thing. ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!

Posted August 26, 2013
My 3 children all attend - K-5 so far. They are excited to be going back to school, learn an amazing amount - not just subjects but character as well. The teachers are motivated, the parents involved and the Principal is seemingly everywhere at once. I'm shocked at the negative reviews here. We've had no negative experiences, and it's one of the top performing schools in the County (test scores). I have no doubt my children will be very well prepared for high school and for life. They are all off to a great start.

Posted August 01, 2013
Excellent School. Best start anyone's children can have. Teachers are excellent. The communication between parents and teachers is owesome!

Posted February 15, 2012
My child graduated from the middle school program and is having a very difficult time writing essays in high school. The writing program is particuarly bad even though your child might receive high grades in English Language Arts and perform well on STAR testing. The main problem with the school is the tiny middle school teaching staff since you have the same teachers for 2 years in a row for ELA and History and electives, too. The technology program really did significantly improve our child's computer skills. The middle school program is worse than the elementary school program due to lack of teaching staff. The SRTMS families are motivated and involved.

Posted February 13, 2012
We couldn't be happier with this school! Excellent leadership, excellent teachers and challenging and interesting curriculum. We opted for this school instead of the larger middle schools in Camarillo and our child is thriving. I couldn't disagree more with previous negative comments regarding technology and teachers. My 6th grader uses her Netbook constantly for schoolwork, including using Google Docs & Calendar and loves her teachers. She is fully engaged in learning without the distractions that go unchecked at some of the other schools. This school has a lot of parent involvement, engaged teachers and a principal who is 100% tuned into the kids. EAGLE PRIDE!

Posted February 02, 2012
I have two sons at this school and this is the 2nd year they attend SRTMS. This school has provided my sons with an academically challenging environment and it is well worth the drive out of our area. I am especially happy with the middle school curriculum. I have compared other schools and did quite a bit of research before deciding to register my sons at this school and have not been disappointed thus far. I have found that my 7th grader uses his laptop at all times and submits majority of his work electronically. He has been able to take advantage of electives such as French and Robotics, I have found very limited choices at other middle schools for electives due to budget cuts. The Robotics class this year is introducing a programming language called Scratch. i feel that the laptop fee is a small price to pay when you consider the advantages at this school. To this day i don't recall having to pay for any of the field trips. My 3rd grader has a great teacher this year and is doing great as well. This school has provided a safe, non bullying environment for my sons to learn.

Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School 2

Posted January 14, 2012
Unfortunately, this school is billed out as a technology magnet. The kids from grades 6 to 8 lug around a laptop that they use for email and word. Occasionally they use the internet for research. They charged the current class $500 a year ($1500) for a laptop worth $200. They have finally changed for a netbook. Which will be much better because there is not a thing "technical " about what they do!!! The PTA recently used designated "laptop" funds to make an $80,000 dirt track. So if you send your child here realize that technical and computer savvy are not what you are getting. Academically, they score well -but we will see when they enter High School how well prepared they really are.

Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School 0

Posted November 11, 2010
All of my children are happy to go to school and happy when the day is through!

Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School
13282 Santa Rosa Road, Camarillo, CA  93012
Last modified Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.