Cameron Park, CA

Blue Oak Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2015
This is a great school for the whole family. It's a mixture of teachers (good and bad) and Im a very "hands on" parent and Mr. Stewart the principle's open door policy is great. If you have any comments or concerns you can go straight to Principle Stewart and he'll fight for your side. I've moved my child 4 times within the grades and Blue Oak is always accomidating. We tried the Montessori on campus for a couple months and it wasn't a good fit for my son and they allowed him to transition back into traditional. If you want to be in the drivers seat as a parent this is the place for you!

Posted April 08, 2014
Blue Oak is the best! The teachers and staff are amazing. The principal could not be beat...a great leader and example for all. The choices available at the school are all top-notch! The education at Blue Oak far surpasses the standard requirements. They learn SO much more, even about how to treat others. LOVE this school.

Blue Oak Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2014
Blue Oak is a wonderful school! They really make each student feel special and important. They go out of their way to try to keep parents informed of their students progress as well as school activities. I recommend this school to everyone!

Posted August 27, 2013
Blue Oak is a really great academic environment. The principal is a visionary and has really made a huge difference. The teachers are motivated and seem to love their jobs which motivates and enables the kids. Nothing but positives from me!!!

Posted August 30, 2010
We love this school. We are actually residents of the Rescue school district and Rescue elementary school but have chosen to transfer to Blue Oak for it's amazing teachers, principal and staff. The parents are involved in all areas of their children's education and the PTA does an amazing job of raising funds, providing school resources, organizing events and planning assemblies. We are part of Blue Oak's Charter Montessori program which is even a great incentive for us to be there. We have one child in preschool, one in the kindergarten program and one in the 1st/2nd grade combo Montessori class. We are extremely happy with our experience at Blue Oak.

Posted August 05, 2010
Blue Oak is a great school! We are so proud to be a Blue Oak family! We've been at Blue Oak for 4 years, and will soon have a 2nd child starting at Blue Oak. The teachers are fantastic. I haven't met one that I haven't liked yet! The parents are very involved. The principal is very visible, and so kind. She is very approachable. I haven't had any big problems that I needed her help on yet, but if I ever do I will be comfortable going to her. The vice principal also! I'm so sad about the budget cuts, but I know that Blue Oak will find a way to over come this challenge.

Blue Oak Elementary School 3

Posted June 19, 2010
A good school but facing major funding cuts threatening arts and humanities. Pros: Very good teachers, especially kindergarten; decent neighborhood, pleasant campus. Cons: Misspelled words seen in the Montessori classroom and the sign in front of the school (unacceptable); extended day program needs improvement; the Principal not as visible as at other top-notch schools; parents need to get more involved. Solid 'C.'

Posted November 06, 2009
What wonderful teachers, excellent principal, good communication, they listen to suggestions and make changes appropriately. Their Lunch with Teachers program to recognize core values is very rewarding. They keep up with technology, allow children to use technology safely, and keep the grounds clean and well maintained. My kids and I are very happy.

Posted October 20, 2009
Blue Oak is a very Family Oriented School, with Great Well Rounded Students and Staff.

Posted October 20, 2009
I love Blue Oak School because there is always open communication between the teachers and the parents. I believe that Blue Oak provides a very positive , safe and rewarding environment for my child. Both of my children are excited to come to school each and every day. They both have great friends and excellent teachers.

Blue Oak Elementary School
2391 Merrychase Drive, Cameron Park, CA  95682
Last modified Blue Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top