No rating

San Jose Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

We are best known for our mission: Love, Learn, Serve.

Living in Campbell

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $557,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted March 9, 2014

We have been at San Jose Christian School for about ten years. My son went through the whole program, from kindergarten through the eighth grade. My daughter is in the fifth grade. My wife volunteers at the school all the time. If anyone knows this school, my family knows this school. We think it is a wonderful program and have been happy since day one. The academics are rigorous. For example, my son was well prepared for high school after eighth grade. My daughter tests well on national achievement tests. The arts, this school puts big resources in its music program. We have a full time music teacher, a jazz band, a regular band and a choir. The campus is a park with old timey trees and expansive grass fields. Oh, it also has play structures and basket ball courts. But it is not some concrete, asphalt, wood chips and recycled tires park. No, this place feels like the nice places where I went to school. I took one look at the campus and thought to myself, "I want my kids to play here." The place also feels like family since it is not a huge school and the staff all know who I am, who my kids are and who my wife is.

Posted February 18, 2014

San Jose Christian School is a hidden treasure in Campbell that not only challenges its students academically but helps them to build a solid foundation spiritually in Christ. We have been there for the past 5 years and have seen our two boys grow in leaps and bonds in all areas of the curriculum. The teachers are top notch and have a heart not only for Christ but strive to have each child they teach reach their full potential in all areas of study, so they will be successful beyond the doors of the school. The new principal has really jumped in and taken charge by supporting his staff to "Reach for the Stars" in how they teach each student and demonstrates positive opportunities to further staff development both academically and spiritually. We can't wait to see what the future holds for our school in the next few years. Come check it out for yourself...you won't be disappointed!

Posted February 17, 2014

Such goodness here! We transferred our 2 children in to SJCS mid-fall, and could not have been more pleasantly surprised! The transition was seamless as we were so welcomed and cared for, immediately putting us at ease. This is the most charming school, what you see is what you get- and what you see is truly engaged teachers and staff, enthusiasm, real awareness to school-age issues like bullying and social issues, high academic standards supported by amazing teachers, a real sense of community... I could go on and on. The school faculty seems to genuinely enjoy being a part of this school, it's obvious in the details and in the smiles. And after having had a less than positive experience elsewhere, I can assure you that you and your children are heard and seen here. My children (K and 4th) are so happy at SJCS. They look forward to going to school each day, and I look forward to knowing that they are where they belong.

Posted February 15, 2014

The first time I walked onto this campus and toured the school I knew immediately this was where I wanted my children to attend. The staff are all very loving and professional and share a passion for teaching and living out their Christian faith in the classroom. The community of families is also very strong - very friendly and inclusive. Parents really care and don't hesitate to get involved for the success of the school. The academics are strong and yet there is a balance between keeping the students challenged but not overwhelmed with too much homework - something our family has appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend this school, as it has been exactly what we hoped for and more in a private Christian school education!

Posted February 13, 2014

San Jose Christian is such a sweet and amazing school. Both of our kids attend with one in 2nd & one in 4th. Academically it's wonderful but also the unity & friendliness of everyone that works here or is a student is amazing!!! We are new and we feel very much at home. We love that the staff really loves and honors God in decision making as well how they communicate to the kids, parents & one another. I highly recommend this school to everyone I can.

Posted December 8, 2013

My children have been at this school for several years now. I truly see them striving to fulfill their tagline of Love, Learn, Serve. This school year 2013-2014 is the first year for their new principal and we have seen great things so far!

Posted March 1, 2012

We are so grateful lfor the experience we have had at SJCS. Our kids have excelled academically, have been grounded spiritually and have had the opportunity to enjoy band, choir and sports. I can't say enough about the sense of community. Parent participation is encouraged and it is wonderful that we have had an opportunity to be a part (and not a spectator) in our kids education. I recommend SJCS to all my friends and family and am so grateful to have been a part of this great community.

Posted February 2, 2012

We are so thrilled to be a part of the San Jose Christian School community - and it truly is a community. The combination of parental involvement and engagement from the teachers and staff make this a wonderful community dedicated to the spiritual growth of the students. Our daughter is receiving an excellent academic education built on a foundation of faith in God and service to others. It is an environment that allows children to be who they are and teaches them how to make choices and understand consequences, whether they be good or bad, that come from those choices. The music and arts programs also provide wonderful opportunities to learn and explore in various creative ways. We love SJCS!

Posted January 21, 2012

I am very thankful to be a part of the SJCS community. First as a teacher and now as the parent of a young student, my experience has been that the staff and administration seek to honor God in every area of the school experience. While no school is perfect because no person is perfect, I have confidence that the teachers make every effort to teach my children how to walk with Jesus. The Bible is presented to the children as the only rule for faith and life. This is what we teach at home, and what is reinforced at our church. I am so thankful to be a long-time member of the SJCS community.

Posted January 16, 2012

San Jose Christian School has been an enormous blessing for our family. Our son began his academic career at SJCS in Kindergarten and is now in 1st grade. Thanks to the dedicated staff and SJCS families, our son is thriving both academically and emotionally. Choosing the right school for our children can be such a difficult decision with so many factors to consider. SJCS has surpassed all our expectations. We are so fortunate to have found such a safe, loving, encouraging environment for our son. San Jose Christian families together with the staff all strive for one common goal; to raise kind, responsible, successful individuals. It is hard to express with words just how much we love SJCS!

Posted January 13, 2012

San Jose Christian School is an excellent school overall. Our daughters are not only receiving an excellent academic education, they are learning what it means to love God and serve others. The teachers are all phenomenal and skilled in each grade. The Music program provides many opportunities for students to learn and develop a variety of musical skills. The parent community is supportive and involved. We often say that SJCS is a diamond in the rough and it has been an enormous blessing to our family!

Posted January 10, 2012

My son has been at SJCS since kindergarten. I do not have enough accolades to share how much I love this school and staff. From the time my son started in kinder until 8th grade, there has been nothing but love! There is not a day that goes by where I don't see the fruits of the spirit being exemplified by the staff & teachers. There is a geninuine love and concern for the success for our children. SJCS has become family and as family we will continue to play a part in the success of our children and our wonderful school. SJCS is a great choice for parents who seek a committed staff that follow Christ.

Posted December 9, 2010

My son started this year and this is my daughter's third year. Both are thriving at the school. They are developing their own relationship with God while at the same time excelling academically. The teaching staff takes a very personal vested interest in each child and we couldn't be happier. I highly recommend the school.

Posted December 8, 2010

San Jose Christian School teaches that our world belongs to God. We believe in educating the whole child and therefore offer music, band, art, PE, and computers as part of the required curriculum. Our office and teaching staff are committed to providing a quality liberal arts education that prepares our students well for the rigorous standards of our local high schools. In addition, we work hard to build community among our students and families. It is an honor to work at this school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 8, 2010

SJCS is a great Christ centered environment for students Preschool to 8th grade. Small class sizes with outstanding academics. A well balanced program with exceptionally qualified teaching staff.

Posted April 24, 2010

I have two children in this school. My daughter and my son are thriving here. The academics and arts here are awesome. The test scores here are impressive. This school has a real music program--band, choir and jazz band. My son is learning how to play the trumpet here. I know many of the other parents and have made some good friends here. I could go on and on. But I'll just say if you want a great school then check this one out.

Posted April 20, 2010

My child went here for middle school. She failed math and the school did nothing about it. She received help from the math teacher (who also happened to be the school bookkeeper) in the morning before school. I had several conversations with the principal about this problem. They did nothing to help the several children that were failing and they made it seem like she was the only one. They also did not teach the kids how to have a relationship with God. My daughter had a terrible first year as the kids were unfriendly. They constantly swear. I am very unsatisfied with this school.

Posted September 17, 2009

San Jose Christian school is a community of loving teachers & Families!

Posted September 16, 2009

Why do you love San Jose Christian School? It is a great school with wonderful teachers

Posted October 19, 2008

My child has attended this school for 3 years. The staff is wonderful. There is a sense of community. The only drawback is the tuition continues to climb. My child is learning average level. I am not sure if they have any advanced teaching for the kids that striving to reach beyond their level in education.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • CUE Outstanding Emerging Teacher: Rachel Diephouse (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Technology

Clubs
  • Yearbook

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Many languages using Rosetta Stone.
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • German
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Garden/Greenhouse
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 7:00 am
School end time
  • 6:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mr. David Intlekofer
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Calvinist
Associations
  • CSI
Fax number
  • (408) 371-5596

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Arts (all)
  • Music
  • Performing arts
  • Religious
  • Service learning
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • Many languages using Rosetta Stone.
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Valley Christian High School