PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

The school provides small homework assignments to reinforce the classroom learning.

We have recently moved to the school from a 10 rated public school. We are beyond thrilled about the education our children are receiving. Both our kids were welcomed with open arms and the teachers/staff have been nothing but amazing ensuring a smooth transition. The staff and teachers truly love these children. If you are looking for a family community for your children this is the place for you. Teaching high academic is a given; the surprise for us is how they teach values, manners and emotional intelligence. The teachers go above and beyond... examples include- sending postcards to the kids the first day of school welcoming them to the classroom, sending weekly emails about the progress of your child, staying late with the kids/families just to talk without a scheduled meeting, sending pictures about the exciting things happening in the classroom. We could not be happier with our decision.

We have been at San Jose Christian School for about ten years. My son went through the whole program, from kindergarten through the eighth grade. My daughter is in the fifth grade. My wife volunteers at the school all the time. If anyone knows this school, my family knows this school. We think it is a wonderful program and have been happy since day one. The academics are rigorous. For example, my son was well prepared for high school after eighth grade. My daughter tests well on national achievement tests. The arts, this school puts big resources in its music program. We have a full time music teacher, a jazz band, a regular band and a choir. The campus is a park with old timey trees and expansive grass fields. Oh, it also has play structures and basket ball courts. But it is not some concrete, asphalt, wood chips and recycled tires park. No, this place feels like the nice places where I went to school. I took one look at the campus and thought to myself, "I want my kids to play here." The place also feels like family since it is not a huge school and the staff all know who I am, who my kids are and who my wife is.

San Jose Christian School is a hidden treasure in Campbell that not only challenges its students academically but helps them to build a solid foundation spiritually in Christ. We have been there for the past 5 years and have seen our two boys grow in leaps and bonds in all areas of the curriculum. The teachers are top notch and have a heart not only for Christ but strive to have each child they teach reach their full potential in all areas of study, so they will be successful beyond the doors of the school. The new principal has really jumped in and taken charge by supporting his staff to "Reach for the Stars" in how they teach each student and demonstrates positive opportunities to further staff development both academically and spiritually. We can't wait to see what the future holds for our school in the next few years. Come check it out for yourself...you won't be disappointed!

Such goodness here! We transferred our 2 children in to SJCS mid-fall, and could not have been more pleasantly surprised! The transition was seamless as we were so welcomed and cared for, immediately putting us at ease. This is the most charming school, what you see is what you get- and what you see is truly engaged teachers and staff, enthusiasm, real awareness to school-age issues like bullying and social issues, high academic standards supported by amazing teachers, a real sense of community... I could go on and on. The school faculty seems to genuinely enjoy being a part of this school, it's obvious in the details and in the smiles. And after having had a less than positive experience elsewhere, I can assure you that you and your children are heard and seen here. My children (K and 4th) are so happy at SJCS. They look forward to going to school each day, and I look forward to knowing that they are where they belong.

The first time I walked onto this campus and toured the school I knew immediately this was where I wanted my children to attend. The staff are all very loving and professional and share a passion for teaching and living out their Christian faith in the classroom. The community of families is also very strong - very friendly and inclusive. Parents really care and don't hesitate to get involved for the success of the school. The academics are strong and yet there is a balance between keeping the students challenged but not overwhelmed with too much homework - something our family has appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend this school, as it has been exactly what we hoped for and more in a private Christian school education!

San Jose Christian is such a sweet and amazing school. Both of our kids attend with one in 2nd & one in 4th. Academically it's wonderful but also the unity & friendliness of everyone that works here or is a student is amazing!!! We are new and we feel very much at home. We love that the staff really loves and honors God in decision making as well how they communicate to the kids, parents & one another. I highly recommend this school to everyone I can.

My children have been at this school for several years now. I truly see them striving to fulfill their tagline of Love, Learn, Serve. This school year 2013-2014 is the first year for their new principal and we have seen great things so far!

We are so grateful lfor the experience we have had at SJCS. Our kids have excelled academically, have been grounded spiritually and have had the opportunity to enjoy band, choir and sports. I can't say enough about the sense of community. Parent participation is encouraged and it is wonderful that we have had an opportunity to be a part (and not a spectator) in our kids education. I recommend SJCS to all my friends and family and am so grateful to have been a part of this great community.

We are so thrilled to be a part of the San Jose Christian School community - and it truly is a community. The combination of parental involvement and engagement from the teachers and staff make this a wonderful community dedicated to the spiritual growth of the students. Our daughter is receiving an excellent academic education built on a foundation of faith in God and service to others. It is an environment that allows children to be who they are and teaches them how to make choices and understand consequences, whether they be good or bad, that come from those choices. The music and arts programs also provide wonderful opportunities to learn and explore in various creative ways. We love SJCS!

Last modified San Jose Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8