264 students|Campbell Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted May 26, 2016
Outstanding leadership, active parent involvement and education, experienced and committed teachers and staff, whole child philosophy, teaching of conflict resolution skills, a variety of activities and field trips, engaged, happy and respectful kids by 5th grade.... What more could you ask for? Village is a gem.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 19, 2016
There is no Homework for Kindergarten and 1st Graders ( I don't know about upper grades homework). Fridays, they bring home work that they haven't finish in the classroom. I personally agree with this homework policy because my child was in another school for kindergarten and had an average of 6 pages of homework form Monday to Thursday. Crazy, right?!?

Posted May 19, 2016
We love Village! The parent involvement is what makes Village School great. The teachers and staff are also very experienced. This is my child's first year at this school and she has learned so much, not only academically, but she also has developed social and life skills. The school set is small so we feel like we are a big family. If you like parent participation, it is up to the commitment this school requires and want your child that attend a school that is not focus on state tests. This is the right school for you.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 19, 2016
Ms. Cori Ryan, "the lunch lady", she is so kind, loving and caring with the kids and parents. She is really passionate about her job.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 17, 2015
Becky billings, the school secretary is wonderful! She is great with the kids and parents as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 17, 2015
You see kids from upper grades playing with the lower grade kids. Also they have buddies programs in which they pair kids from different grades.

Posted September 17, 2015
My son just started at village, but I have notice how much he enjoys his day at school. As a parent who is part of this wonderful community, I am very excited too. This is a wonderful parent participation school.

Posted August 26, 2015
Great place for kids to learn not just about academics but about community and personal responsibility in a positive environment

Posted January 22, 2015
Village offers a challenging academic experience through a foundation of teaching empathy and communications skills. Among other concepts, children are learning the concepts of service (serving each other at snack, for example), patience, tolerance, understanding, upstanding, and confidence. Everything we as adults wish we could grasp so well. I've never met a child so kind, thoughtful, and confident as the average Village 5th grader. The differentiated learning style enables a classroom of children with varying depths of understanding to progress. The enrichment classes called "Centers" allow for exposure and exploration of a variety of topics. The field trips are frequent and rich in context and experience. These pieces function in harmony with our culture of investigation, exploration, and opportunity. Our children are thriving in this school and the community that supports it. May it continue to be the odd and special and ground-breaking beacon of light in an often bleak landscape of public education.

Posted January 11, 2013
I LOVE Village school. It is the perfect school for my children and my family. My children feel love, safe and respected. They love going to school. THe whole child curriculum, positive discipline, field trips, centers, class meetings, family camping trip, community etc. are things that make Village school the PERFECT school for us. It is not a school for every family. As a parent, I have taken classes that they have offered over the years to help me become a better parent. All the teachers have treated me and my children with the utmost respect. Positive Discipline works and we use it at home. Like I said, it is not a school for everyone. Please consider if the school philosophy resonates with your family. Village is the BEST and we could not be happier. My one complaint- I wish it was a K-8 school.

825 West Parr Avenue, Campbell, CA  95008-6803
Last modified Village is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.