No rating

Canyon Heights Academy

Private | K-8 | 198 students

Living in Campbell

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $557,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted February 14, 2008

My child has been going to the PK for over 2 years now. She really loves her school. It is definitely a great PK curriculum and not glorified daycare as so many Preschools I visited seemed to be. On the other hand, I find the faith aspect of the school sometimes way overbearing! They are very pushy with parent retreats, parent seminars and Soul searching sessions going on ALL the time. I am Catholic, but it seems trully over the top to me sometimes... The academics seem to be very high. I am still not sure if this is a good thing, though... I have heard that Kindergartners are gettin alot of homework already! I am not sure if this is a good thing. Still evaluating wether or not I will leave my child here for grammar school.

Posted July 11, 2007

We transferred from another catholic school - I always tell my friends, there are reasons that people choose to send their children to private school and beyond those, are additional reasons people send their children to a religious private school. CHA exceeds all of our expectations. Strong acedmics in a concentrated atmosphere (small class sizes -max 20) and fosters a very strong love of our faith woven throughout everything the kids do. It's not just the formation of kids either - its the formation of the parents which creates strong community and helps our children reach their goals. I love it!

Posted June 22, 2007

The teachers for the most part are nice, altough some could use more experience.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 19, 2007

This school has exceeded all of our hopes and expectations! The environment is a safe one, and my children are nurtured to be not only great thinkers, but great people as well! We love this school!

Posted February 20, 2006

This school offers small class sizes and individual attention to each of it's students. It is unique in the high level of acedemic and religous exposure for its students. There is also a strong sense of community among the students' families.

Posted February 20, 2006

I have three children in their first year at Canyon Heights Academy. The school has far exceeded our expectations! The teachers are so tuned into the kids and who they are! My daughter came home the first day and said, 'Mommy, I like my teacher!' That relationship has just blossomed and so has my daughter - from someone who kept to herself, doing only what she was sure of, to someone who has 'so many friends' -as she says and is not only eager to learn and try new things, but looks for new things! The level of commitment each parent brings to their involvement makes so much possible - giving a real sense of making a difference. The school provides monthly parent classes (with free childcare!)to educate us on the philosophy of the school, so we can better participate in the formation of our children. That is important to us.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Bay Area Parent Family Favorite "Best of the Best" (2006)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:15pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Paul Parker
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose