K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 26, 2016
I do think the staff members, teacher, school principle are working hard to improve every day. But kids growing will not stop and wait. We need to choose another school who spend time on regular learning kids rather than special needs.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 26, 2016
Some teachers are effective, some are trying to pick up, because of the high turnvoer ratio, quite a few new teachers.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted April 26, 2016
Homework is about 10 to 15 minutes each day for my 4th grade. It seems like not much. But for some kids who "need different type of learning", it maybe too much. Again, I am disatisfied with the fact that each class has a few students who has special need on academic education. I worry about the resource, where does my tuition go? I think we all paid the same amount.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
Not really see the school develops persistence, grit, and determination in its students. Again, the education resources are limited, so we can only get little. I never count the school on academic eduction. I teach my kids math at home, and we polish our English writing with another institute.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 26, 2016
The school treats kids well, as much as they can, but they do have limited resources.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted April 26, 2016
The principle and teachers are trying to develops compassion, caring, and empathy in their students, but almost half of the teachers are new to school withh light experience of eduction.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted April 26, 2016
Some of the students shows integraty, but some of kids are really mean although they most come from Christian families. The Virtue eduction seems like stays on paper, not really have kids get much.

Canyon Heights Academy 3

Posted April 26, 2016
Our three kids joined the school five years ago. Overall, I think the school is ok, at least many mothers involved to build up a close community and support our kids in school. The good part is all facility is ok, huge playground grass field let kids enjoy their break time. Teachers are kind, dressed properly every day. Kids come from families who cares about eduction. Bad parts are teacher turnover rate is pretty high from 2013 to 2015; Kids are not in a close relationship, and we are losing students in each class. My youngest one attending 2nd grade can't even find someone to play with during recess time. All three of my kids complained the school life is boring because no friends. Academic is not challeging, and many lower school class has special need kids. I wonder how much time teacher actually spend with my kids. The feeling is mixed when we have to decide to choose another school. Extracurriculum is weak, no strong sports neither art or music program.

Canyon Heights Academy 5

Posted December 16, 2014
Our son and daughter have been at the school since they were in pre-school which was 5 years ago. We love the academic, religious and holistic approach to education. The teachers are very dedicated and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Our kids (and the parents) have made some great friends here. We look forward to staying till the 8th grade.

Canyon Heights Academy 1

Posted July 17, 2014
It is heartbreaking to see many teachers leave this school every year after year. Terrible administration. They focus so much time about your bank account. Be carful! they can lead you with false promises and get you no where. Many teachers are not credentialed and the curriculum is not a match for a private school. Horrible administration. Look for many other great school in the area.

775 Waldo Road, Campbell, CA  95008