Posted June 08, 2014
Westmont high teachers are great! School did good job on preparing kids for college . Each year there are about 10 kids get accepted by UCLA , UCBerkeley and this year there are several kids got accepted by Yale, Princeton , Cornell those IVY league schools and some top private school like Harvey Mudd college

Posted March 09, 2014
Westmont has been improving every year. They just have a new principal . Very strong English teachers and good math teachers . My kid is a junior, has been involved in sports and robotic club. Last year school added Mandarin as one of foreign language. Westmont has a lot to offer the motivated students.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter attends Westmont High School and as a public school, she seems to be getting a good education. I would like to see that she is getting prepared for college by proper guidance from the school to learn to be well rounded in social and academic teachings.

Posted August 25, 2013
I considered sending my child to private high school and I have to say I am VERY happy I choose Westmont. This school has a nice community feel, an excellent mix of students, and great teachers and faculty. Our child has attended elementary, middle and now high school in the Campbell School District and has excelled. Our child is quite balanced and resilient, enjoys academics and does well socially so the fit is very good. Frankly I would prefer to send my good kid to the our neighborhood school, keep the scores improving, and continue to increase our home value.

Posted August 07, 2013
My kids thrive(d) at this school. Diverse student body in all ways. Wide range of teachers, with mostly excellent teachers that prepare kids for college and the real world after graduation. Students are expected to be proactive about their education. If student is struggling, there are plenty of resources to help them if student and parents are proactive about solutions. Teachers do not coddle students that mess around and then try to fix it all at the last minute. That does not fly so stay on top of assignments and grades with the available tools. There is a good PTSA and a lot of parent volunteers in extra curricular activities. If your child does well with academic mainstream will be fine and thrive. If child struggles academically, use the resources and get outside tutors. Classes teach to the mainstream and advanced academics for most part. Plenty of AP classes and the only high school agricultural program in the Silicon Valley area. Quality PTSA, ASB, sports, clubs. The diverse student body is a wonderful thing too. My kids, our family enjoy the school and community.

Westmont High School 1

Posted March 04, 2013
The administration at this school is terrible. Completely irrational and unreasonable. When there are issues, they don't want to hear about it. They automatically blame students for issues without doing their due diligence and getting to the root cause of problems. More than once, issues came up that the teachers and administration assigned as issues with my child, only to later discover that the teachers were the problem, proved by data. Status on school work is a chronic problem - teachers not giving students credit for assignments, errors in grading, etc. Keep ALL of your student's work and be prepared to verify EVERYTHING related to grading. The communication is really bad -- don't expect answers to email or returned phone calls. They just don't want to hear from parents. They site a 48-response time to email and other inquiries in the student handbook, that they don't adhere to in the least. When you insist on speaking with them, you can muster up a meeting but, ultimately, they are just humoring you...It's 'their way or the highway'. I'm SO sorry that I placed my child in this school, and am looking into other options.

Westmont High School 2

Posted December 20, 2012
It's like pulling teeth to get information from most of the administrators and teachers in this school. My child's grades are not kept up to date, so the information in School Loop is not always accurate. I have to hound the teachers to find out where my child stands. We have seen everything from missed assignments and to data entry errors. Without extreme monitoring to make sure that this all gets cleaned up, my child's grades would have been negatively impacted to an extreme. Most teachers and administrators do not answer email without multiple requests and/or escalation (student handbook states that parents can expect responses in 48-hours). We have even experienced examples of teachers singling out my child openly in class and embarrassing them, because I have asked questions of the teacher via email....It confuses me to no end. Teachers often complain that parents aren't involved enough in their child's education. At Westmont, when you actively participate your child's education, you get ignored and your child gets openly mocked in class. It's ridiculous.

Westmont High School 3

Posted October 12, 2012
We are residents in this school district. We think the environments are greater than many other places of silicon valley. The Elementary schools and middle schools are great and getting better and better. However, this high school is so lagged behind in academic side. Why? We think the most important thing is that the school principle and board do things wrong somehow. It seems they are out of date in silicon valley and still lay on the back and enjoy the best view of the valley, and wait for retirement! Come on, man, wake up, every other school districts are making progress these years, you can't stay the same place to do nothing! Look at our neighbours, saratoga, los gatos, cupertino, everyone are keep going, why not you!

Westmont High School 2

Posted April 26, 2012
I agree completely..my son is not a trouble maker, however he is failing in 2 subjects and i have not been informed about this issue from anyone from the school. He tells me all the normal reasons a Jr. would use. Its the teachers fault, no homework, no help, its too hard and tacher is out sick..I email teacher and no reply..he didnt put effort in Star Testing because it didnt matter. Tomorrow hes not going to school because he has no class for star testing and the school doesnt take roll call in star testing. what?

Westmont High School 1

Posted October 08, 2009

Westmont High School
4805 Westmont Avenue, Campbell, CA  95008
Last modified Westmont High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmont High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top