No rating

Campbell Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 272 students

Living in Campbell

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $557,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted September 6, 2012

We are so happy with this school. Our daughter has been attending CCS since 2nd grade and is now in 4th. She transferred here from another christian school that closed down. This school is SO much better academically than the school she came from. She has learned and grown so much through the expert teaching and caring of the staff here. Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are amazing and there is an awesome "family" feel to this school. We are thrilled they are adding on a Jr. High and intend on keeping our daughter here for the long haul.

Posted November 14, 2011

We love the school sense of community which we have felt all the way from Preschol to 5th grade. This year we are exceedingly blessed to have a strong 5th grade team which is preparing my daughter to enter Jr. High. There are growing pains assisted with a genuine warmth and love that aids in the transition. My bright 3rd grader is with a teacher that knows how to push and challenge her. Lastly, my youngest has the warmth and love combined with education in his Preschool class. I am truly thankful and blessed to be able to place my children in this wonderful environment.

Posted November 1, 2011

I love the FAMILY feel of this school! My son is in the kindergarten and my daughter is in the preschool at CCS - every teacher at every grade level knows the kids' names and makes our family feel welcomed. They focus on building community and the teachers are all approachable. I am amazed by the high academic standards, but the kids are still treated as kids. Each one is recognized as unique and the teachers go out of their way to recognize my children's strengths. I also love the extended care workers - the young people who work there are energetic and really engage the kids. My kids have a great time (and still get their homework done!) in extended care until I can pick them up after work. There's something for everyone: in addition to library, computers, P.E., music, and art during school, we have the option of enrolling our son in piano, guitar, Spanish, Chinese, or after-school chess club! I can't say enough positive things about this school!

Posted November 12, 2010

After 5 years, we've found CCS to be hit & miss. Strengths: low teacher/student ratio, good facilitation of community - both for students and for families, teachers and staff with big hearts and a willingness to know each child, and the off the charts wonderful music teacher/program. Weaknesses: In terms of teaching skill, some teachers are fine, some are outstanding, some are sub-par. Unfortunately, there's not much room for parents to assist in classrooms, so if your child gets a sub-par teacher, you're stuck for the year.

Posted October 2, 2010

Glad to be back! Both our sons attend CCS. We have a son in preschool and one in 1st grade. Both started at CCS when they were 18th months and we absolutely loved the preschool. When it was time for our eldest son to begin Kindergarten, we decided to move him to another private school that was much closer to our home. We very quickly discovered the other school was not equipped or interested in helping him. Our son was very unhappy and was unsuccessful in every aspect of his school. We reached out to Melissa and Dr.Stuart and they welcomed us back with open arms. They fully understood our sons challenges and agreed to help us. Our son LOVES school now and is striving. He loves the Teachers and the extended care Couselors. The Staff at CCS is a blessing to our family. We recommend this school!

Posted May 27, 2010

CCS isn't just a school... they don't just teach the basics and send them on their way. CCS is a FAMILY where the teachers and the staff actually love your child and treat them with respect. I've had my son in the CCS preschool since he was 18 months old and he's now in the elementary side, finishing up 1st grade. I can't even imagine having him anywhere else. If you find it hard to leave your child in just anyone's hands, then you can finally rest assured at CCS. The teachers are nothing short of amazing... every single one of them! And Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are beyond caring, kind, loving and understanding. You will never feel judged by any of the staff at CCS. I really could go on for days about this school...

Posted April 15, 2010

I *adore* this school. From the fantastic Dr. Stuart (who dresses up like a Turkey every Thanksgiving and let's himself get 'plucked' by the kindergartners) to the loving and nurturing Infant Caregivers, from the Amazing Teachers who give 110% on everything (go and see their annual school musicals) to the (two) fundraisers - one is called 'Fun Run' because it is! Something for everyone... the school is a loving, nurturing and wonderful school that becomes family when you enroll your children in it. I never expected to love this school as much as I do and I am so incredibly grateful it is in my children's lives.

Posted April 15, 2010

Here's why my kids attend this school: low student to teacher ratio; strong moral and spiritual values; teachers that truly care about each child's emotional, spiritual and physical development; and administrators who are involved, approachable and work side-by-side with parents seeking the best-interests of the each student. And did I mention the stellar music program? The 4th and 5th grade musical could top a high school muscial any day. Outstanding academics, enrichment and Christian values. I wouldn't put my kids anywhere else.

Posted April 15, 2010

I just wanted to add that I find the environment here to be structured but still catering to the unique characteristics of each child. Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are tremendous leaders and we are so blessed to have our children at this school.

Posted March 12, 2010

I must be honest and say that this school is different now. The latter half of 2009 and thus far in 2010 the atmosphere at this school has changed. The attitude now is a distinct 'let's show the world how great we are' and no longer is it 'what is good for the child's development.' This attitude shows in the over-the-top strict uniform policy, and the attitude with which rules are enforced. It shows in the collection of fees, the collection of parent hours (now at 20 hours per year that the parents must contribute or else...face the dire consequences), the shouting frantically of 'remember you're representing CCS!!!!!!!' before field trips, the rigid enforcement of rules during outings, the touting of the web site, the aggressive and often annoying 'fundraisers' (aka 'we must make more money')and the touting of the coveted 'accreditation.' You'll meet the esteemed 'Dr' Stuart. Shame.

Posted December 15, 2009

Countinuing my 12/4 post, My son s teacher Mrs. Wong writes daily report on detailed behavior of my son. We can really work together to build up his characters. After 4 months, my son is much more confident in making friends, singing out and speaking in public. The Chapel time weekly is excellent for family, student, teacher, and staff to get together. The morning pledge and praying every day is super too. We are not Christian family, but I love the morning pray and we starts doing it in our family too. My daughter also likes to play in this school with my son after school with Harker. They even offer Chinese immersion class. Besides excellent academic program, this school also teaches the most import value in life. Who can be a better role model than Jesus? Their tuition is very reasonable; donation money is spent prudently; parties are well organized.

Posted December 3, 2009

I have a child at Campbell Christian School and my older son attended Campbell Christian as well. This school has the best teachers and staff. The enviorment that has been established at CCS is one of a kind. As a parent I feel that CCS gives the child a great educational/spiritual foundation, that will allow my children to succeed. When I drop my kids off at school I know I am leaving them with people that love and care for my kids. Also, I feel the teachers and staff are great mentors for my boys. The attention and warmth the teachers and staff have for each child is amazing. If you have young children and you want a top notch school you need to pick CAMPBELL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL!!!

Posted December 3, 2009

I have had the opportunity to watch my three children thrive and grow with the community of committed parents at Campbell Christian Schools. The teachers and staff are very caring and nurturing. The teachers go out of their way to communicate with me and my husband. The principals and director of the preschool programs have an open door policy to help with any need. If you are looking for an excellent quality and value for your child's education come and see firsthand what the school has done for our family. We continue to hope for a middle school in the near future. We would like to stay longer.

Posted November 6, 2009

absolutely the worst school in the area in terms of teacher attention and lack of values in caring for kids. the principal and staff are just there for a pay check, beware, parents and stay away.

Posted July 29, 2009

The worst thing about Campbell Christian School is having to leave after 5th grade! There would be no question that we would stay if they added a Middle School. Every teacher my children have had at CCS has been accessible and ready to help the children succeed any way they can. They truly care about the children, as well as the family community. The hardest thing we face now is deciding where to go next. CCS sets the bar on all aspects of what you should expect from a school. If you want your child to feel loved while receiving an excellent well-rounded education that extends far past the regular curriculum to the Bible, art, music, computers, and drama, look no further than CCS!

Posted March 31, 2009

I am thrilled with the quality of educations, love and mentoring my children are receiving at CCS. Both the preschool and the elementary schools! They are receiving a top-notch education, almost a full year ahead of our local public schools' curriculum, and are being exposed to wonderful opportunities in music and performance that they would never have had in a public school.

Posted December 9, 2008

This Pre-K program is top notch and all the staff are so warm and attentive to each child. They get to know each child and have great teacher/student ratios. My daughter's class has 21 students with 2 teachers in the classroom. She absolutely loves going to school here which is her first experience going to such a large facility, she was at a home daycare until 3 1/2, very small ratio. I recommend this school to anyone although it is pricey for grade school levels. I wish I could afford to keep her there but will be moving to public school for kindergarten only b/c of the cost after Pre-K. Very sad to leave such a great school.

Posted November 11, 2008

My family has recently moved from overseas after a two year job assignment. Our transition ended up being quite difficult for our three small children. By chance I stumbled into Campbell Christian while searching for a school. Instantly I felt welcomed and warmed by the prospect of my girls attending this wonderful school. This school teaches the meaning of God's love and my daughters feel it daily. Thanks to the wonderful teachers and administration.

Posted July 16, 2008

My daughter is going into 2nd grade and my son is entering Kindergarten. I have been very pleased with the high level of academics and focus on values too. Teaching good traditional values has been is absent in public schools for far too long and Campbell public schools are paying a high price. There is no way I am sending my kids to Campbell's public schools even though we sacrafice much to afford private. The teachers, staff and pricipal at CCS are committed to serving the whole child and are always striving to improve, never settling for 'just ok'. The art, music, and computer classes are magnificent and I am amazed at what the kids achieve. I highly recommend Campbell Christian School.

Posted August 28, 2007

My son thrived in their pre-school. We loved it so much he will continue there through fifth grade. My son was in two other pre-schools prior to finding Campbell Christian. Their program is excellent! Tour the school, meet the teachers your child love being part of the CCS family. Finding this school was truly a blessing for our family. Everyday as I pulled out of the parking lot for a day of work I knew my son would be safe, well cared for & loved.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Dr. Shawn Stuart
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1075 West Campbell Avenue