Posted September 06, 2012
We are so happy with this school. Our daughter has been attending CCS since 2nd grade and is now in 4th. She transferred here from another christian school that closed down. This school is SO much better academically than the school she came from. She has learned and grown so much through the expert teaching and caring of the staff here. Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are amazing and there is an awesome "family" feel to this school. We are thrilled they are adding on a Jr. High and intend on keeping our daughter here for the long haul.

Campbell Christian School 4

Posted November 14, 2011
We love the school sense of community which we have felt all the way from Preschol to 5th grade. This year we are exceedingly blessed to have a strong 5th grade team which is preparing my daughter to enter Jr. High. There are growing pains assisted with a genuine warmth and love that aids in the transition. My bright 3rd grader is with a teacher that knows how to push and challenge her. Lastly, my youngest has the warmth and love combined with education in his Preschool class. I am truly thankful and blessed to be able to place my children in this wonderful environment.

Posted November 01, 2011
I love the FAMILY feel of this school! My son is in the kindergarten and my daughter is in the preschool at CCS - every teacher at every grade level knows the kids' names and makes our family feel welcomed. They focus on building community and the teachers are all approachable. I am amazed by the high academic standards, but the kids are still treated as kids. Each one is recognized as unique and the teachers go out of their way to recognize my children's strengths. I also love the extended care workers - the young people who work there are energetic and really engage the kids. My kids have a great time (and still get their homework done!) in extended care until I can pick them up after work. There's something for everyone: in addition to library, computers, P.E., music, and art during school, we have the option of enrolling our son in piano, guitar, Spanish, Chinese, or after-school chess club! I can't say enough positive things about this school!

Campbell Christian School 3

Posted November 12, 2010
After 5 years, we've found CCS to be hit & miss. Strengths: low teacher/student ratio, good facilitation of community - both for students and for families, teachers and staff with big hearts and a willingness to know each child, and the off the charts wonderful music teacher/program. Weaknesses: In terms of teaching skill, some teachers are fine, some are outstanding, some are sub-par. Unfortunately, there's not much room for parents to assist in classrooms, so if your child gets a sub-par teacher, you're stuck for the year.

Posted October 02, 2010
Glad to be back! Both our sons attend CCS. We have a son in preschool and one in 1st grade. Both started at CCS when they were 18th months and we absolutely loved the preschool. When it was time for our eldest son to begin Kindergarten, we decided to move him to another private school that was much closer to our home. We very quickly discovered the other school was not equipped or interested in helping him. Our son was very unhappy and was unsuccessful in every aspect of his school. We reached out to Melissa and Dr.Stuart and they welcomed us back with open arms. They fully understood our sons challenges and agreed to help us. Our son LOVES school now and is striving. He loves the Teachers and the extended care Couselors. The Staff at CCS is a blessing to our family. We recommend this school!

Posted May 27, 2010
CCS isn't just a school... they don't just teach the basics and send them on their way. CCS is a FAMILY where the teachers and the staff actually love your child and treat them with respect. I've had my son in the CCS preschool since he was 18 months old and he's now in the elementary side, finishing up 1st grade. I can't even imagine having him anywhere else. If you find it hard to leave your child in just anyone's hands, then you can finally rest assured at CCS. The teachers are nothing short of amazing... every single one of them! And Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are beyond caring, kind, loving and understanding. You will never feel judged by any of the staff at CCS. I really could go on for days about this school...

Posted April 15, 2010
I *adore* this school. From the fantastic Dr. Stuart (who dresses up like a Turkey every Thanksgiving and let's himself get 'plucked' by the kindergartners) to the loving and nurturing Infant Caregivers, from the Amazing Teachers who give 110% on everything (go and see their annual school musicals) to the (two) fundraisers - one is called 'Fun Run' because it is! Something for everyone... the school is a loving, nurturing and wonderful school that becomes family when you enroll your children in it. I never expected to love this school as much as I do and I am so incredibly grateful it is in my children's lives.

Posted April 15, 2010
Here's why my kids attend this school: low student to teacher ratio; strong moral and spiritual values; teachers that truly care about each child's emotional, spiritual and physical development; and administrators who are involved, approachable and work side-by-side with parents seeking the best-interests of the each student. And did I mention the stellar music program? The 4th and 5th grade musical could top a high school muscial any day. Outstanding academics, enrichment and Christian values. I wouldn't put my kids anywhere else.

Posted April 15, 2010
I just wanted to add that I find the environment here to be structured but still catering to the unique characteristics of each child. Dr. Stuart and Mrs. Sisson are tremendous leaders and we are so blessed to have our children at this school.

Campbell Christian School 3

Posted March 12, 2010
I must be honest and say that this school is different now. The latter half of 2009 and thus far in 2010 the atmosphere at this school has changed. The attitude now is a distinct 'let's show the world how great we are' and no longer is it 'what is good for the child's development.' This attitude shows in the over-the-top strict uniform policy, and the attitude with which rules are enforced. It shows in the collection of fees, the collection of parent hours (now at 20 hours per year that the parents must contribute or else...face the dire consequences), the shouting frantically of 'remember you're representing CCS!!!!!!!' before field trips, the rigid enforcement of rules during outings, the touting of the web site, the aggressive and often annoying 'fundraisers' (aka 'we must make more money')and the touting of the coveted 'accreditation.' You'll meet the esteemed 'Dr' Stuart. Shame.

Campbell Christian School
1075 West Campbell Avenue, Campbell, CA  95008
Last modified Campbell Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Campbell Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top