PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Ambitious academics, many extracurriculars, kind and attentive teachers, a wonderful education. My kids are thriving here. If you want a Montessori education for your kids, this is the place to get it.

The best school I could even find for my daughter! Great environment for academics as well as for the kid to become a better person and develop to be with a global thinker mind. Excellent and very motivating teachers. My daughter, now at the age to enter a college, lightens up every time we talk about this school and remembers it as the best school she has ever attended.

This school is good but I have reservations for the kids staying longer than first grade in this Montessori system. I was so impressed with my child bringing home multiplication but when she was doing a basic addition task on a restaurant menu, she couldn't add 11+2. The transfer of knowledge didn't click which was shocking to me. Also, if the kindergarten kids don't finish their work, then they have to finish it outside while the other kids are playing. Also, i believe the discipline is lacking. Being montessori, the teachers allow the kids to explore and learn to set their own boundaries. In my opinion, a 3 or 4 year old needs guidance to set and also learn to respect those boundaries. Another complaint is that there is one classroom that has 30 kids. Even if there's three teachers, the big group can be overwhelming. I do love the well rounded education my daughter is getting but i don't like that the elementary kids call teachers by their first name. I'm all for kid empowerment but this is no longer for us.

I have visited over 30 schools in the south bay and peninsula area looking for a good fit for my child. My child is beginning their 4th year at Casa and has been in both the Primary and Elementary programs. This school and the people in it have been absolutely and unequivocally outstanding their willingness to support my child. The teachers and administrators have spent many extra hours working with me, and others who support my child. They have gone out of their way to be available, helpful, creative in their problem solving and have never given up on the belief that my child can be successful. Many schools advertise their ability and value of education to meet the individual need of each child but when pressed for specific measures they are able and willing to take, it becomes apparent that they are unable to truly provide this in the classroom. This school has done this for my child. Casa is a school with a heart, and makes great use of the skills and talents of the larger community to enrich the education for the children. There is a lot of parent involvement as well and I have enjoyed participating in the classroom with the children.

My son entered Casa Di Mir when he was 3, now he is almost 9. This is a true Montessori school, kids are taught to think for others, to think for themselves and think outside the box. Their teachers are outstanding and the kids are happy and kind!

My wife and I are super-pleased with the well rounded education both are kids are getting at Casa. It is a fantastic Montessori school and the teachers are A+. In addition to gaining academic excellence, the children learn about respect develop into sensitive individuals with a peaceful core. The kids' souls flourish in the Casa environment. You can't go wrong with Casa -- highly recommended!

Our daughter is heading into her third year and third grade at Casa Di Mir and we couldn t be happier to be members of this amazing community. The Montessori principal of Development of the whole child is fully embraced at this school. I applaud Casa for their engaging and loving teachers, the respectful way they communicate with the children (and parents), the well organized class rooms and engaging books and materials, the nurturing environment all together. Academically, my young daughter works well above her grade level. I noticed how the multi-age class rooms help to foster supportive and tolerant conduct between different age groups and academic levels. Last, I know Casa's strong focus on teaching time management and self-directed learning skills will benefit my daughter throughout the rest of her academic life. Their hands-on curriculum instills the students with awe and reverence. Exciting news, this blissful school may be available to our families even longer: Casa is working on adding a middle school program through 8th grade, hopefully by 2013/14!

My son has been at Casa Di Mir since he was 3 years old. He is now a confident, intelligent, compassionate and interesting 7 year old. The environment and education at Casa is beyond compare. Without creating an atmosphere of stress and pressure, they foster the child's love of learning and thereby they achieve excellence in academics. My son is doing work above his grade level in all the core subjects and is getting an incredible cultural and social education. He is learning two languages and to play an instrument as well. Even more important than his academic achievements, is that he is happy and well adjusted and with his age group. In nearly 5 years in this amazing school, I have never seen a child be bullied, resort to violence, or taunt another child. This is an amazing school with a unique and wonderful community and a truly exceptional teaching staff. There is nothing I would change about Casa!

Wonderful community spirit. Parents are welcomed and invited to participate in all facets of the school. Teaching peace as a science is just part of the curriculum. Dr. Montessori would be proud! The children who graduate from this school are caring, learned teens.

Last modified Casa Di Mir Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8