Canoga Park, CA
Students enrolled: 1,860

Canoga Park Senior High School 2

Posted September 26, 2014
The Principal is horrible! !! He does not return parent phone calls, address any issues he simply passes the buck. The teacher's are not held to any LAUSD or ethical standard. They are pretty much given free range to do as they please. Student requests or concerns are discarded with the days garbage. My family was so excited about their Agricultural and Veterinarian Magnet it looked very promising and it has been nothing more than a disappointment. My child is a hard working student with good grades and has never been in any sort of trouble and this school doesn't help support any of these student's, they are all left on the back burner. This will definitely be the last year my child attends this school. Anyone who is considering sending their child to this magnet or school should seriously reconsider and look into North Hollywood Zoo Magnet or the new Animal Science Magent at Verdugo Hills High School.

Canoga Park Senior High School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
The new administration is terrible. Most of the programs are being cut and kids are suffering. They do not comply with LAUSD policies and trying to get any action is a losing battle. This school needs a complete overall - starting from the top.

Canoga Park Senior High School 2

Posted January 28, 2014
The old administration loved the kids and were open to working with the parents and teachers. There were many good programs and teachers. Things have changed in the past two years. There is no longer a voice among the staff or parents. Many key people are gone and the programs are dwindling. Things are very sad at this campus.

Posted September 06, 2012
I attended this school and it offered all the tools I needed for success. Canoga park is not perfect. Unfortunately, like any other school it does have its bad crowds, so it really all comes down to who the students choose to be and how they choose to act. However, overall Canoga is a great school. It offers various challenging courses, and leadership positions the teachers are very attentive and tutoring is offered after school. Last but not least, the fact that it is a small school really does help kids get around and get to know each other like a family.

Posted May 27, 2012
I have two children in the magnet program. It's a great school, small and in need of a facelift. The teachers and administration for the most part are excellent and extremely responsive. As with any school, parent involvement varies but I would highly recommend this school.

Posted July 27, 2011
My two sons have graduated from CPHS, with my first son, I wanted him to go to El Camino HS, big mistake. CPHS is small, you get to know the teachers well, if you take your time for your kids and both graduated with honors. Be involved in your child's education and it will pay off.

Posted July 26, 2011
Great, Safe school! I would recommend it to anyone! It has some great teachers and some not so great but besides that it's a small school that makes it safe

Posted May 20, 2009
Great environment. Friendly students. Excellent teachers. The best school I've seen in years.

Posted April 20, 2008
I am currently enrolled at Canoga and will soon be graduating. I am part of the magnet program, which as helped me greatly with my pursuit of a career in veterinary. I have enjoyed my time here and I think it is the best school I have attended so far. All the teachers and counselors care for the students and there are many activities that students may be involved in. The teachers and counselors are always concerned with each individual and what their plans are for their future. I know that Canoga has had a bad reputation but it has made a tremendous improvement. Many have wondered why I chose to go to Canoga since it is a 'bad' school and believe that I have made a mistake. I can honestly say that I am proud to be a Hunter. Revolutionaries Class of 2008!

Posted July 23, 2007

Canoga Park Senior High School
6850 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, Canoga Park, CA  91303
Last modified Canoga Park Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canoga Park Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top