Canoga Park, CA

Posted November 26, 2013
This School is a good school overall it really isnt what all the other parents whos childs DONT attend this school say. The teachers there are very friendly to the parents, and the Magnet Coordinator is always very helpful , if you ever have any question on how your child is doing she is the one to go to who will keep you updated on your childs grades and anything else you need help in, Marie Kazanjian is by far one of the best Educators there is at the school. My childern have learned alot of stuff from her and also Steve Firestein some of the best teachers there & The best P.E educators would have to be Mr.Armstrong and Mr.Evans ! The campus could just a little cleaner and have better food but besides that its a very good school, & your opinion about this school just really depends on who you are and who your child hangs out with during school hours and there decisions they make.

Posted November 01, 2012
Unforgettable Experience!!! never again!! I came and visited this school one day to connect and because this is one of our transition school of choice for my daughter who attends a neighboring school. I decided to pay a visit one day. Boy I was surprised. There were no hello, how are you or what can we do for you and I was not even offer to seat down where there was 2 empty chairs. My visit lasted less than 10 mins. The 10 mins consists of humiliation, rudeness attitude of the principal Ann Alloca. This person has no class, very rude, obnoxious and lack of respect toward other parents. As a parent I was in shock. My visit here was nerved wrecking and I will not advise any students nor family to go to this school. It's a trap. We're very happy at Lawrence Middle School. They need to get rid off these bad educators who are not providing the proper ethics in our school system. Must watch "Waiting for Superman". It says it all about our education system. Ann Alloca you are fired!!!

Posted August 17, 2012
A school is a school for Columbus Middle School. They do have nice programs and provide education, but the staff and students are mean. It is not a great school for my child to be in. You have got students climbing over the fence to get the ball that is across the street (very dangerous). Students smoking at the far end of the field and there are younger children there too who should not see this or even think about this (very bad influence). There is this new security guard and he's a bit grumpy, last year's security guard was better and he was always looking out for everyone, not just Columbus students, but every children. That was nice.

Posted August 17, 2012
columbus was the greatest school for my daughter, the counselor that my dtr had very caring and always on top and accommodating,always gives me the best advice, i will never find someone like her ,never will forget her help all thruout, the office staff were always ready to help with a smile, the principal was always involved from flagraising to closing of school at the end of the day and most of her teachers were really great excellent really cared for the success of my dtr, i was really glad I put my dtr from 6th -8th grade at columbus. No regrets. The culmination ceremony was very touching!!!!!!1 Thanks a lot columbus staff

Posted June 25, 2012
I am one of the former students of Columbus' Medical/Science Magnet, Class of 2012. Being in the magnet has been such a great experience. All of the teachers I had were fantastic with the usual bad one from time to time. The two best teachers in the whole school is the magnet math and science teachers. They teach us all the standards and above with flying colors. Columbus is like every other school with the trouble making kids and the below the standard teachers but you will always find that anywhere you go. All the staff will make the experience at Columbus an experience you will never forget (especially at Culmination. shhhhh!).

Christopher Columbus Middle School 4

Posted February 04, 2012
I am a former Christopher Columbus Middle School Student, I'm from the graduating class of '08. This school is great. I had many wonderful experiences with the teachers some of which i still have communication, over the past years whenever I get the chance to visit. The S.A.S program is outstanding, it helped me challenge myself in middle school and now in High School I take AP and honors. Parents shouldn't be discourage from sending their teens due to what they hear from other parents and students who have never attended this school. Teachers have a lot of hands-on activities for students who need the extra help. The Counselors are always available for students and parents when they're having problems with teachers. Also parents who's primary language is something other than English such as Spanish there is always someone who's available to them. They have many available resources such as computers, music classes, a wide variety of books and other things. Honestly I'm proud to say I attended this school.

Posted December 09, 2011
I toured this campus recently, and was appalled by the level of profanity, "making out," and just general inappropriate behavior. Worse, very few of the teachers here even take time to address and correct these students. Admittedly, I was only on campus once, but once was more than enough for me. This is why America is failing in education. This school needs to be closed down.

Posted June 24, 2011
I am sorry but this is one of the WORST schools I have ever seen. The students are rude, security guards are rude, and the teachers generally do not care at all about the students' welfare or education. The education standards are low while the level of drug/alcohol abuse in the school is obviously very high. Do not EVER even consider about sending your child to this school.

Posted June 20, 2011
I love this school there is sooo much to do like Guitar and drumming in Mrs.Brusca's class. Its fun! The other required classes are fun too! Depends how you are towards your teachers. But this year has been great for me! :)

Posted November 15, 2010
This school is okay. Sometimes i have bad days but its still cool. My favorite teacher is Mr. McClellan, even though he's strict he is cool. He knows how to teach algebra alright.

Christopher Columbus Middle School
22250 Elkwood Street, Canoga Park, CA  91304
Last modified Christopher Columbus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christopher Columbus Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top