Public charter
Canoga Park, CA

Posted April 28, 2014
my family moved out from canoga park to panorama and i need to transfer my 2 kids (one in grade school, the other in mid school) near to our new residence. but my children begged NO and said they LOVE this school a lot as well as all the teachers and principals. my children are inspired to study and dont want to miss a day in school :) Kudos! to the efficient principals and hardworking teachers ! God bless! more power to Ingenium Charter School and Mid school.

Ingenium Charter Middle School 4

Posted October 26, 2013
I am a parent of this school and cannot enough as to how much i LOVE this school. The best part of this school is the community/family environment. The principal and assistant principal are always walking around the school. I thought they were just teachers walking around since they were dressed casually and not in those stuffy suites. They are always smiling and I have caught them making funny faces with the kids. I've NEVER seen that before. My child is so happy at this school and loves not just his teacher, but loves the people in the office. How many of us can say that about our own elementary school experience?

Ingenium Charter Middle School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
At Ingenium Charter School, the principal and assistant principal is never there. My child has been here for 3 years now. He loves his teacher. I love how parents are involved or want to be involved. The downside is, parents are being hired. They need to hire professionals, Teacher's Aide. Teachers need help, they do too much, although parents do volunteer to help teachers out including myself. Ms. Hansen and Ms. Lopez are great teachers, and if they are still there, try to request them. I would've given this 5 stars, but I'm giving average due to principal involvement. A school needs a principal, principal runs the school but where is the principal.

Posted August 29, 2013
I volunteer at this school and I am struck by the sincere care for children. I have spoken to two parents this week that pointed out that their children finally felt cared for, respected by and listened to by adults. In walking around this school, I am moved by the happy children and happy teachers. The energy is so positive. This is not a drill drill drill test prep school, but rather an innovative place where creativity and uniqueness are prized. As I tell all of my friends, don't just read these reviews--come and see for yourself. You will never find another school like it. This is truly the future of education--an education that is geared toward each individual child, that is well rounded, that has character built in and that prizes all of those things about kids that make them so amazing--their curiosity, their hope and their dreams.

Ingenium Charter Middle School 1

Posted August 14, 2013
I was happy at first. They talked a good talk at a parent orientation before school started. Since school started I am left with an empty feeling. My son is in kindergarten and he has walked off campus twice looking for me. No one realized until I escorted him back. I actually waited several minutes and then went to the office with him this 2nd time, and 20 minutes or more went by and still no one came looking for him. I don't believe his teacher Mrs. Burnham is capable to teach so her 22 children. There is no safety in my opinion. There is not enough staff. I am pulling my son out of school and he won't be going back. There is little to no supervision at lunch and recess and my son was targeted by older boys and no one did anything except blamed my son for everything. I kept trying to be positive all week last week and this beginning week. Also the teacher ignores me, when i come early to ask a question before or after class she will ignore me and then go to other parents and have long conversations with them. I feel she is rude and doesn't know how to properly communicate with me. I am not happy. I do not reccommend this school.

Posted July 22, 2013
This school is one of the best schools that I have ever come across. The staff is excellent and the leadership is top notch. The principal is one of the most effective leaders that I have ever seen. She is supportive of and approachable to, her staff, parents and students in every way. I can't say enough good things about this school. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! The students are learning here because staff are happy and students are happy. Its an extremely positive environment!

Posted April 29, 2013
This school is very good and it does help children academically. My daughter is in kindergarten and my child is excelling in math and reading at a first grade level . The parents are involved and the teachers are too. I plan on enrolling my other child next year and I would definitely recommend this school to any other parent.

Ingenium Charter Middle School 1

Posted April 17, 2013
This school does not help children academically. The school focus the students that are " popular" children.

Posted February 07, 2013
I am a parent of two children in kendergarten at this school, and I am beyond pleased with everything about this place. The teachers are amazing, the principal and vice principal are very involved, attentive, and incredibly approachable with ideas, suggestions, etc. Both of my children love their teachers, and love going to school. I looked at a lot of schools, and I'm so glad that I chose this one. My kids are already talking about college, and what they want to be when they grow up. They value their education, even at age 5. I highly recommend this school. Thanks, ICS!!!

Posted January 25, 2013
I am a teacher at Ingenium Charter School, and, having worked at other schools in the past, I am extremely proud of the fact that everyone on site puts children first. For instance, any time a parent comes to the office with an idea that would benefit the kids, the principal immediately looks into it. In a day and age when schools typically put budget before students, it's refreshing to see such a paradigm shift. In addition, I know my voice, and the voices of my students are heard. Last year, my students wanted an art program, and we now have one, as well as a chorus program! We also do a free universal breakfast for all students, a boys and girls on the run program, glee club, soccer shots, and hip hop dance. All kids have the opportunity for recognition, not just the honor roll students. For instance, we do a science fair, spelling bee, school wide Olympics, oratorical, and talent show. I have never seen nor worked at another school where all kids truly have a chance to shine.

Ingenium Charter Middle School
22250 Elkwood Ave., Canoga Park, CA  91304
Last modified Ingenium Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ingenium Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top