Posted April 02, 2014
We've been at the school for 4 years now and we love it! Awesome teachers and principal! Kind and helpful ladies in the office! A dedicated PTA with more and more parents stepping up to help as needed! My 1st grader and 3rd grader are very happy here! Rio Vista Rockets Rock!

Rio Vista Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
I wish I could give this school a 5! The moral has changed. Seems like the school caters to those who need extra help, they leave out those who need to be challenged. Its no wonder so many families have left. And yes no school is perfect, but none who left are willing to come back. At one point this was a great school. Maybe 10 years ago. But not now. Hope for a better future.

Posted August 21, 2013
This school is amazing!!! We are new to this school. Our daughters attend 3rd and 5th grade, the teachers are amazing! Everyone made the transition for our children so easy. Our daughters already love this school, and so do we! We are so happy and proud to be part of the Rio Vista community :)

Posted August 14, 2013
Rio Vista is an extraordinary school where all the staff, from the Principal to the teachers and PTA make the teaching business their own personal one. We've been there for 5 years and will be there for 4 more... just wished there were more parent involvement but that is up to each one of us.

Posted March 27, 2013
My child and I LOVE this school! She is in Kindergarten and I couldn't have asked for a better place to have her in her first year of "real" school. The teacher, Ms. Lochead is truly wonderful. They give me the chance as a parent to be involved, helping in the classroom and giving many opportunities to be involved in school activities. The principal and vice principal are hands on and take a personal interest in the children as well. We are extremely happy and proud to be part of Rio Vista.

Posted March 25, 2013
Can't say much positive about this school. A good portion of teachers seem like they have lost their enthusiasm to teach and the teachers who really displayed excellence all seemed to have vanished around the same time. Being a "Distinguished" school seems to outweigh the need to actually educate the children. There are so many who seem to not be receiving the help that they desperately need and are failing at an alarming rate. My own child is being subjected to the ill mannered disrespectful lot in this school with playground attendants talking to each other and doing who knows what on their phones and not addressing aggression issues. I got a note sent home with my child saying that she is starting fights when in actuality, the child threw a hard ball at her head and she defended herself due to lack of supervision. My child has also been released to people not on the schools mandatory release form, missing articles of clothing said to have been "donated" were actually still in the school. I am fed up and out of patience. I can't wait to find a school focused students and education. Hopefully, I will be able to transfer my child without a great deal of resistance.

Posted February 12, 2013
This is the absolute worst school in Santa Clarita Valley, Very unhappy overall with every situation that did / could arise. Bottom Line Horrible !!

Rio Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2012
This is a decent school overall but they are far too concerned with being a California Distinguished School. That great and all, but what about the kids that struggle? My daughter was doing great in Kinder and 1st grade. Once she got into 2nd grade she started to fall behind. 3rd grade was a nightmare. I've pleaded with the school to give my kid some additional help. Well, that didn't happen. Now she's in 4th grade and I'm scared that she will fall even further behind. I'm all for challenging the students but the homework is too hard. Kids should be able to do their homework without supervision. The parent shouldn't have to sit there and basically do the homework for them. Last night I sat with my daughter for 2 1/2 doing homework and it still wasn't done. That's insane!

Posted January 17, 2012
I am a proud parent of 2 Rio Vista Elementary students. Without the teachers and staff at this school my boys would not continue flourish in the academic manner that they have. I have been a Rio Vista Parent for 7 years and feel SO fortunate to have my children taught by the teachers and staff that have dedicated themselves to this school. This is a school with heart, pride, and compassion. They give their all to my children and all the children that are on campus. Parent involvement is also a crucial factor and the teachers and staff are highly supportive and very welcoming to particiapting parents. If their is a sole that has a bad word to say about Rio Vista Elementary, then they need to become an active part of their child's education, because they are obviously not taking advantage of the knowledgable teachers and staff that Rio Vista employs.

Posted September 03, 2011
How can people rate this school as good? The reports from the Star testing are out and it's rated the 4th worst school in the Saugus School District. The 4th WORST out of 15?? Numbers don't lie! Why would you send your kid here? My daughter had 3 yes 3 second grade teachers in one year! How can that be? I was sent a note home after the new teachers had already been teaching? How is that great leadership? This school is a joke! It's a school with poor leadership and poor teachers. 4th worst in the district!! The numbers do no lie! So how could all these parents keep saying what a wonderful school this is? It's mired in problems! Hahaha send you kid here so they can be in the 4th worst school in the district!! and look!! all the parents say it's the best! Thanks but no thanks 8 teachers left last year, 3 different teachers in one year and the 4th worst in the district out of 15! Thank god we moved is all I am saying! Do everything you can to NOT send you kid to this welfare school!!

Rio Vista Elementary School
20417 Cedarcreek Street, Canyon Country, CA  91351
Last modified Rio Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top