Canyon Country, CA

Posted June 04, 2014
I have only positive things to say about Pinetree! The Principal is caring and dedicated and the teaching staff is off the charts. Our PTA is amazing, and funds music, drama and art classes school wide. I would compare the education that our kids get at Pinetree with any private school.

Posted May 12, 2014
My son has been going here since kindergarten. I was looking forward to him having the same teacher that now teaches 6th grade. I am very involved in PTA when it comes to the Book Fair. The teachers are off the chart when it comes to caring.The Principal is my favorite leader. She gives it her all. I have high expectations for my son and Pinetree has met those. The next elementary school where he starts 4th grade this summer in San Diego(Powey) have big shoes to fill. I chose them carefully ,too. I'll miss this school and all the friends I've met along the way.

Posted March 02, 2012
My son has been attending PInetree for almost 3 years; he is in 2nd grade. While we got off to a bumpy start with the K teacher (our son is always one of the youngest in his classes; he was 4 when he started K), the principal addressed our concerns and oddly that teacher was not there the following year. Nevertheless, all of the teachers and parents that I have met are fantastic. With the ever increasing demands on education, I feel the teachers do an outstanding job keeping the kids on track. I hope it continues through 6th grade!

Pinetree Community Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2011
My son started shcool here this year and while he had extremely high separation anxiety, I felt the teacher and principal were completely lacking in understanding and feelings. When I FINALLY (took 2 days) got a hold of the Principal about his anxiety, she told me that maybe I can come and eat lunch with him. This was her only suggestion. I explained to her that I tried to speak with his teacher but was brushed aside and told in an extremely gruff way that my son has separation anxiety, "because you never left him and he doesnt know how to cut, etc."Her response was rude and unfeeling. My son is super smart so i dont know what that response was all about, except that she may be a frustrated K teacher. I volunteered in the class for a day to help with a project. The teacher complained about the children to me, a parent. Red Flag! The children cried more and more everyday, not less. The classroom is 25! No helper on many days.The Principal had nothing to say when I brought all of these problems to her attention. The room is like a dungeon and not a happy, fun environment at all! My son is now attending Monticello Preparatory and loves it so much! No tears!!

Posted April 22, 2011
I love this School my son is in second grade and he is very happy to go. We were thinking on moving but I don't want to move hiom he have learn so much. The only thing i wish is that that teachers will get more opinions when it comes to desicion making. The PTA is amazing and parents are there to help a lot but i wish We can do more. Pinetree is the best. Smiles are great gifts to give.

Posted March 22, 2011
My children have been attending Pinetree for 4 years and I believe the school has been excellent, starting with the teachers, office staff, cafeteria staff and not to mention our wonderful PTA! But.....the principal is not up to par by my standards. This is her second school year and I feel she has yet to make a connection with her students, teachers and parents. I am sure she is well educated and has enough credentials but I think she should take her expertise to a high school or college, because in elementary, the children need someone more in tune with their needs.

Posted December 03, 2010
Pinetree is a great school. Our oldest son attended Pintree from 1997-2000 and had wonderful educational and social experiences. Now our 7 year old son is in the 2nd grade and loves his teacher, Mrs.Nystrom. She is firm and structured while at the same time she provides the warmth, creativity, and enthusiasm needed to keep students motivated. Our son also had a wonderful experience in the 1st grade with his teachers Mrs. Freeman and Mrs. Susser. They are marvelously cheerful and energetic and gave him a great foundation to begin his elementary education. Ms. D'Anna has been a great addition to Pinetree as our Principal. Ms. D'Anna, and all the administrative and office staff, are very approachable and personable and always makes us feel welcome. Although we are not currently in the PTA, we offer our tremendous thanks to all the parents who are a crucial part of Pinetree's continued success. Go Pioneers!!

Posted November 24, 2010
I whole heartedly dis-agree with the last post. Pinetree has had many principals in the past few years and this new one is the best! She is dedicated to the students, teachers and supports the PTA. I am so happy that my children attend this amazing school and I am grateful for the hard work and dedication of the administration and teachers.

Pinetree Community Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2010
My child started school there this year and so far so good! The only thing that has made me upset and feel very uncomfortable, is that everytime I have walked by the principal and even made eye contact with her, not once has she smiled or said hello! She comes off as if she thinks she's better than you! I hope she reads this & next time I see her I get atleast a smile!!! Now you know why I gave the school a 4star!

Posted April 24, 2010
My granddaughter attends Pinetree so I frequently am on school grounds during the times when I might pick up her after school or attending the many student/family activities presented at the school. Watching her teachers, the other school officials and the other students interact with each other, I can see lots of open communication and the results of positive connections and constant encouragement. After having raised two children of my own and now spending quality time with my grandchildren, I perceive Pinetree to be one of the best schools available in the Santa Clarita Valley.

Pinetree Community Elementary School
29156 Lotusgarden Drive, Canyon Country, CA  91387
Last modified Pinetree Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinetree Community Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top