Posted September 06, 2014
This school is fantastic! We are so technologically advanced, each classroom is equipped with two SMART boards, a digital document camera, and about 9 iPads, so the kids can take AR tests as often as possible (whether they take one a day or an astonishing three per day) without rarely having to wait longer than a few minutes during the allotted AR testing time. We also have a computer lab with 35 apple computers that each class visits weekly where they receive typing instructions and also have the opportunity to test AR and their math facts. The PTA is very active and I find that to be a blessing because we wouldn't have music, art, movement, and theater rotations or field trips for every grade level, two science labs, nor assemblies without their efforts. In the seven years we have been at this school, my two kids have interacted with 11 teachers and they have always been treated with kindness and respect. Our new Principal worked very hard to get to know the 600+ children in the school and their parents and put teacher training for the new Common Core standards as a top priority last year to assure they were as prepared as possible for the new year. It's a great school!

Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
When we first started I was excited that the PTA was so active. The downside, however, is that the teachers and admin allow the active PTA members to be privy to info that others are not made aware that give their children academic advantages. From telling them what to study for tests to letting them take more AR tests to allowing handpicking of their child's teacher. Not professional. Non-PTA students (not their parents) suffer due to no fault of their own. Teachers need to be more transparent with ALL parents. In 1 instance, "active" parents were told quietly that their child could take more than 1 AR test a day (sometimes 3 times in a row) when the paperwork handed out at the start of school clearly stated students could take 1 AR test a day. Non PTA kids sat there unable to take an AR test because the PTA child was taking 3 AR tests in a row, hogging the computer. Sad. There is no adult to stand up for the non PTA child. Most parents who are not on campus are not aware that their child is being treated unfairly. I would like to add that there are some very dedicated and professional teachers...hint: I noticed that they are not the ones that fraternize with the PTA.

Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2014
The teacher my son had did not tell me things that were going on with him in class and that he was kept in from recess 90% of the time, even when I met with her. I had to hear from another parent near the end of the year. There are spiders in the kids bathrooms. They don't do anything for kids who need help until they are WAY behind. I would want to help in class and there would be a note on the door not to open it and they don't need help. I have no idea why any parents like this school, it's run of the mill public school.

Posted May 05, 2014
This is a great school. My son is doing extremely well. This is our first year there and we couldn't ask for a better community of teachers, parents and students. I give it 5 stars.

Posted March 23, 2012
INCREDIBLE SCHOOL!!! We transferred here from Valley View because we hated it there. This school is so great. The principal really has things running well. They are always having great fundraisers. There is a great "community" vibe here with the parents, staff, and teachers. As newbies they really made us feel welcome and a part of everything. Our kids our excelling and we couldn't ask for a better environment.

Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2011
If I had to choose the best school to attend from the Sulphur Springs School District, this would be it. Most of teachers are great and the principal is fabulous. Like any school it has it's challenges. The PTA is very dedicated with fund raising. With all of that being said, I am very disappointed to learn the academics for this school are skewed for the demographics of the area. The curriculum is not comparable to Saugus, Valencia or Stevenson Ranch school districts. When a student is rated at "TOP" end of the their grade level with curriculum, that same student falls into the "Middle" of their grade level with other districts. We were very disappointed to discover this. What a disservice to the children and parents that think their student has achieved wonderful academics to only find out in a larger arena of students that they will most likely struggle. If you are reading this to consider this area for your child, do the leg work, one of the district mentioned above and request a test for that grade level and this schools grade level. Look at it with the view of "apples to apples" you will see why someone has said this out loud for you, Minimum State Education for STAR tests.

Posted February 27, 2011
I am so happy with this school. My son was at Pinecrest for Pre-K and Kindergarten. I really wanted to try public school but was a little afraid. I am sooooooooooooooo happy I made this change. I love it here. The parents and teachers are wonderful. Tons of parent involvement. I haven't had a lot of interaction with the principal (thankfully) but I think he's great.

Posted October 24, 2010
Hi I am a 6th Grade G.A.T.E. student of the class of 2010-2011. G.A.T.E. is an enrichment program in the Sulphur Springs School District which encourages kids to achieve their goals, and think outside of the box. Students take the CBEST test to get in G.A.T.E. The teachers at Sulphur are very dedicated, and challenge us to do our best. Mrs. Julie McBride succeeded in challenging me to get 600, a perfect score, in Math on the state STAR test. Sulphur has the most G.A.T.E. kids in the district, and the most students to get a perfect score on the STAR test in one or more areas. Our principal, Josh Randall, is of great quality. I highly recomend this school to concerned parents in the Santa Clarita Valley.

Posted January 11, 2010
We are very happy with this school. We had our soon in Pinecrest for Pre-K and when the economy took the downward turn, we were forced to chose public for Kindergarten. We were very nervous as our son was reading, adding and subtracting at 3.5 yrs old. We were pleasantly surprised!! Kindergarten was all day with 2-teachers (30 students). Students that were above the planned curriculum were given additional to keep them challenged. There is a ton of parent involvment which is great and the PTA is very supporative with school funding and fun money raising activities for the students. The new principal as of 2009 is refreshing and strong in leadership. Our son has flourished and loves school. We wouldn't go anywhere else in the Santa Clarita Valley.

Posted June 06, 2009
I am in Sixth grade and I am now Graduating 2008-2009. I have been at Sulphur Springs since Third grade and ever since I've been there, I have been so happy. All of the teachers are welcoming and very nice. The princple Mrs.Veale is very nice, she always has time for her students even when she is very busy, but sadly she is retiring this year. But I have had two princples since I have been there and they were awesome so there is probably going to be anothter great princpal there. I just want to let you know I have learned alot from all of the teachers and staff there and it is a very wonderful elementary school.

Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School
16628 West Lost Canyon Road, Canyon Country, CA  91387
Last modified Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sulphur Springs Community Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.