Canyon Country, CA
Students enrolled: 1,195

Sierra Vista Junior High School 3

Posted September 07, 2013
I am currently a freshman at canyon high, and Sierra vista is the corresponding JHS. In my opinion, there are some pretty good teachers, but too many bad ones that failed to adequately prepare us for high school and ultimately the rest of our lives. For the average student, an average school like Sierra vista would be fine. However, for enriched students like myself, challenges are far and few between except in the enriched math classes with great teachers like Mrs Skoczylas and Mrs Sirchia. Teachers like them and Mr. Copenhaver are just about the only bright spot, except the nationally recognized PE program chaired by mr velarde. The administration also preaches that their goal is to everyone an opportunity to have a quality education. Firstly, it is hard for people to learn when ignorant and disrespectful thugs are in each and every class. Secondly, this motto shows how the enriched students are neglected and not challenged, but the average joe is catered to.

Sierra Vista Junior High School 5

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is so awesome the teachers are wonderful and that amazing gym program they have is super. My daughter (Jaila) loves all of her teachers and her counselor. It's good to be at a good school who cares about your childs education,. The communication system they have is great. Keep up the good work Sierra Vista Staffs

Sierra Vista Junior High School 4

Posted July 07, 2013
My school is amazing and has a fantastic physical education program. I loved it. There are great teachers that love to make sure you get the best grade possible.

Sierra Vista Junior High School 5

Posted August 10, 2009
This school is great. The way the teachers and principal work is stupendous. They have lots of activities and the PE program is awesome. There are lots of parents around that volunteer and there is always a supervisor or teacher nearby.

Posted March 19, 2009
sierra vista is fun and all of the teachers are awesome!! there are also teams in the school which also makes every thing fun :)

Posted January 12, 2009
What an amazing school, the P.E. program is unbelievable!

Sierra Vista Junior High School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
Sierra Vista Jr. High School was a very positive experience for Both my kids. From the Principal, Teachers, to the supporting staff communication was the Best. I can't say enough about how the care for the students shows through right when you walk on campus. The teachers were willing to help both my kids at brunch,lunch or after school when they were asked.I was also impressed with the creative ways they got our kids to get physical (P.E) 'Dance Dance Revolution' and 'Survivor Day' are a couple of examples. The 4 stars are because there is always room for improvement, and I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next. Keep up the good work Sierra Vista in educating and developing good character in our future leaders!

Posted September 03, 2008
Teachers have great communication with parents. Excellent P.E. program! Fabulous leadership and guidelines; happy parent!

Posted October 17, 2007
This is the best school ever the teachers are so cool and the freedom we hve is awesome there are lots of dances and ways to get help from ur teachers

Sierra Vista Junior High School 3

Posted July 31, 2007
I feel that Sierra Vista is an OK school. I was a little disappointed by the lack of follow through by the teachers & the lack of sports teams for the students. I guess it's a lot better than La Mesa which is our only alternative for public Junior High around here.

19425 West Stillmore Street, Canyon Country, CA  91351
Last modified Sierra Vista Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top