Carlsbad, CA

El Camino Creek Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
I agree about the nepotism. There are some great teachers, some are fair and then there are the others you don't want. It's pretty much like any other school in this district, except that this school seems to lack genuine integrity in the leadership. Integrity means actions follow words. I'd like to see more of that from this administration. Also, the bullying is still pretty bad on the playground. There are a lot of kids and not enough supervisors. Otherwise, test scores are consistently good. I agree with the other comments that the other schools in the district provide good alternatives to this one.

Posted February 05, 2014
El Camino Creek has been an excellent school for our kids. Principal and parents are very involved. If I must say something that bothers me is that certain parents (those that are in the loop or former Vice Principals with kids attending the school) ALWAYS get the best teachers. This really is not fair. It is so obvious. Otherwise, very happy with the school.

Posted August 01, 2013
Having moved here from another state with private education, we were wary about public education in california. This school is wonderful and has reached our high expectations. There is a lot of parent involvement, that keeps programs, like art, music and multiple disciplines of science. The teachers are dedicated, supportive, and caring. They challenge the students who need it, while providing extra help others. The class sizes are some of the smallest in the area. My sons are enthusiastic about learning and take pride in going to ECC.

Posted June 05, 2013
I volunteer during lunch recess and witnessed packs of bully groups roaming the large black top areas. It's always the same children picking on others who are alone or in small groups. The bullying ranges from name calling, or exclusionary behavior to shoving and pushing. Because it's so rampant, it's becoming an acceptable form of interaction with kids who don't normally bully others. I"m not sure why this awful conduct is tolerated on the playgrounds year after year. It doesn't take much more than a simple redirection or time-out to teach the children bully behavior is wrong and won't be tolerated. It would be great if the school leadership were more interested in addressing the problem. For our family, strong academics or high test scores are good, but it's hard for them to focus on their substantive course work when they are fearful each day at school. I choose to stay on the playground to protect my children, but I shouldn't have to do that to keep them safe at school. . I am genuinely disappointed in the leadership's apathy toward the bullying problem at this school.

Posted January 22, 2013
The Principle was a huge disappointment and allows behavior at that school without recourse. She talks about kids respecting each other but we witnessed bullying without recourse. For those that write there is no bullying doesn't know the reality at this school. We were very disappointed in how they handled matter for our child. HUGE disappointment to have such a weak leader that does not practice what she preaches.

Posted October 06, 2012
I have had my children at other schools and found the bullying problem worse at other schools, El camino creek is great. I work playground partners at el camino creek and there are definately passionate disagreements between students that waste game time, but playground partners and the lunch duty and teachers all do a great job in making sure play time goes smoothly, Compared to other schools El Camino Creek has no bullying

El Camino Creek Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2012
All the Encinitas Schools have excellent technology, teachers and programs. The bullying of students on the playground and in the classroom is the reason we made the decision to leave this school. The teachers are not given enough knowledge, as to how to watch for such instances or how to cope with a bullying child in the classroom. The playground monitors do little to solve complaints, the playground has to many kids for the monitors to watch. Wtih other great school in the area we felt it was best to move to a smaller more manageable campus.

Posted August 03, 2012
My son and daughter attend El Camino Creek and absolutely love their school! The teachers are using the very best teaching tools available, including accelerated programs and tracks with for computer, reading, art and even gardening. And for those working parents, the on-site after care program is amazing. We are so glad to attend this school. The parent involvement is intense, sometimes overwhelming, but we would rather see maximum involvement than deal with the opposite.

Posted June 11, 2012
Our son is just finishing kindergarten at El Camino Creek. Prior to moving to the neighborhood, we extensively researched schools. ECC was at the top of our list, and we were not disappointed. The kids who were in my child's class were all very respectful, bright, curious children. I volunteered on a weekly basis, and got to know the students and teacher well. The growth of the kids from the beginning of the school year until now is absolutely amazing! My son has made some best friends, and I have also built relationships with other parents in the class. The parental involvement at the school is truly fantastic. The parents all participate to create a sense of community and raise funds for programs that benefit the kids. The teachers and administration sincerely care about each child's well being, and strive to ensure that the students will have an enriching academic and social experience.

Posted March 20, 2012
Our 4 children have attended this school. After a change in administration a few years back, there has been an increase in problems like bullying, and lack of proper supervision of the children on the playground. New kindergarten classes have a supervision ratio of something like 15 or 20 to 1. Things are worse on the larger playgrounds, and so the bullies rule the playgrounds in large groups. I am sadly disappointed in the lack of caring and leadership that permits this circumstance to continue for years. I'd like to see better leadership in dealing with the bullying. I'd also like to see better programs in support of gifted children. This school's test scores are good each year, but there aren't programs for the genuinely gifted children. Our experience has been that the teachers aren't equipped to teach to the upper fringes, and so their response to a child who is gifted is to give her more homework or offer to push her up a grade. I'd like to see the school cut administrative expenses and increase it's per capita spending on each student, so that it matches other area schools and then apply that surplus to bolstering programs for the gifted students.

El Camino Creek Elementary School
7885 Paseo Aliso, Carlsbad, CA  92009
(760) 943-2051
Last modified El Camino Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Camino Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top