Carlsbad, CA
Students enrolled: 1,055

Posted May 30, 2014
Not a great school. Leadership is weak and the district can't seem to fix it. I'be been involved with this school now 4 years and it just keeps getting worse. Teachers are continuously out of class, the advance program is a joke, their anti bullying program is non existent, and basically the teachers walk all over the principal. There are a few really good teachers that work hard and have a fantastic way of teaching but not enough for a strong experience. The only reason it's a distinguished school is because it's located in an area where parents are available to support their kids education and help them. They do most of the retracing at home. The school gets all the credit. Why bother. So many other better middle schools to go too. P.S. Don't do dance PE. The teacher is horrible and has the girls wear skimpy risky costumes for their performances.

Posted May 28, 2014
I am pulling my child out of this school. Two years is enough. There are some great teachers here, but they are few and far between. NO motivation for excellence. The leadership in the school is typical of what I have found in Carlsbad. Everyone punches a clock, does their time. Nothing extra.

Posted April 15, 2014
Two stars because my son is still there and if it were zero, what kind of parent would i be to leave him there? We have had a very terrible experience to date with most of the teachers with the exception of Band and Social Studies. Rotating administration, bullying, tenured teachers that just assign work with no follow through or compassion. Too bad the options for private school are minimal in the area.

Posted June 12, 2012
My son just finished his 1st year at AOMS and overall it's been great. The teachers are great and very dedicated. Some of the staff are rude and hard to deal with but all around it's a good school with high standards and high parent participation.

Aviara Oaks Middle School 5

Posted October 16, 2011
This is our first year here and love this school! The teachers are amazing. They are friendly and caring. The communication between the students, teachers and parents is excellent. Our son loves Aviara. We are very pleased so far into our first year of middle school.

Aviara Oaks Middle School 3

Posted September 16, 2011
I am a parent and I am worried about bullying. Hope now that we have police on campus and a new principal, the antibullying program gets reinforced. It is sad that this is still happening in out great school. We love the teachers and the receptionist-worth mentioning- is exceptional, always with a smile! :-). The kids responsible for bullying need to be stopped. I want my kids to focus on education and learning instead of worrying about their safety.

Aviara Oaks Middle School 3

Posted August 30, 2011
The teachers are getting better and they changed a lot and they put like jail bars around the school so no1 can get but makes us students feel like we are in jail. The teachers are ok but there are some bullies sometimes and i feel the school is getting better.

Aviara Oaks Middle School 5

Posted July 23, 2009
Hi. I'm a student at Aviara Oaks Middle School (AOMS). I think my school id]s the best Middle School ever!! All the teachers are soooo nice, you can buy Izzes and Vitamin during your your lunch. you can help save the planet by their excellent recycling program,and much, much more!!! Go AOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 16, 2008

Posted April 11, 2008
Right so, Aviara Oaks has a couple of really dedicated teachers, if you're lucky enough to get them. The rest do their job, but don't make the extra effort to help out students. Academics is definitely a focus here compared to its neighbor schools (Calavera, Valley). There is an incredible lack of school spirit and the only electives I think are worthwhile are band and spanish. I think Aviara Oaks was an excellent school overall, just lacking motivated students, thus leading to unmotivated teachers.

Aviara Oaks Middle School
6880 Ambrosia Lane, Carlsbad, CA  92011
Last modified Aviara Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aviara Oaks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top