Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Calavera Hills Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 17, 2016
I will never have enough words of praise or thanks for Ms. Dooley. She is a shining star and we truly love her!

Posted March 17, 2016
CHE is simply an amazing school. My husband and I are being relocated and are heartbroken to have to leave this school. Our daughter has attended K-2 here and has blossomed with the teachers and staff. They are not only amazing at their jobs, they are truly kind. From the award winning teachers to the fantastic office staff this school is top notch! They care about the kids on a personal level and are genuinely invested in their futures. Our relocation is a short one (we are military) so once it has ended we will be returning to Calavera Hills and Carlsbad! We love you guys!!!

Posted August 23, 2015
Teachers are exceptional. Dr Bryant, the new Principal seems be very involved in every aspect of the school. The children are very kind and respectful. Parent participation is low and so are the API scores. So a lot of parents send their kids elsewhere with higher API scores. This keeps the student-to-teacher ratio low. There is also no awkward drama.

Posted May 01, 2015
new principle, teachers and staffs really care about each student not like other school that my kids went through. it is the school in heart! couldn't be happier as a parent.

Calavera Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2014
My son is in first grade this year. We have had the best experience this year and last! Both his teachers have been amazing. Our new principal this year is very nice and personable and working hard for our school. We could not be happier.

Calavera Hills Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2014
Calavera Hills Elementary school- New principal not much change. PTA is not very active. New principal all talk no Action. School activities few; Student: Teacher ratio way too high; They focus on kids who dont belong in the grade thay have been promoted to- which is unfair to the smarter kids. Discipline=0 Teachers let kid slide for work not completed. This develops bad habits at a young age in my opinion. GATE- program totally non existent- which is sad! Need newer ideas and newer teachers in this school.

Calavera Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2013
Ms. Tinnerset is the most amazing, caring kindergarten teacher. When you send your little one to kindergarten, you can rest assured he or she will learn so much and enjoy doing so.

Posted May 23, 2013
At first, my husband and I were considering sending our daughter to private school for kindergarten but decided to give public school a chance. We have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of the program and with her teacher Mrs. Phillips. It is amazing how our daughter can read, write, subtract, add, and more!! The school is well maintained and the after school Kids' Care program is also excellent. We are hoping the trend with continue throughout her time here. The programs funded by the PTA such as art and music are amazing and the annual musical is a must see.

Posted April 12, 2013
I am continuing my post here.... Ms. Boyer, is one of the best teachers I have ever encountered. My son was at a previous ES in the district and it amazing he does not hate school based upon those two years of having teachers that yell at very young children. Ms. Boyer, knowing my second grader loved school and had the negative experience has ensured that he not only continued to love to learn but has grown in leadership skills and confidence. Mrs. Phillips is amazing working with 33 kindergartners. I do not know how she does it. My son is able to learn in the large group setting and in small groups so that he is challenged at his learning level in math and reading. Thank you CHE for a great school year, for welcoming my boys and allowing me to be a contributing member of the PTA.

Posted April 11, 2013
Calavera Hills Elementary School is a fun school which focuses on students being the best they can be. My child was very excited to learn her math facts this year and to be presented with her special "Math Master" certificate. The staff always makes our family feel special and welcome at school.

Calavera Hills Elementary School
4100 Tamarack Avenue, Carlsbad, CA  92008-7101
Last modified Calavera Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.