Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Mr. Tubbs and the teachers at Hope rock. Everyone of them cares about kids, parents and community. Having our children go to Hope was an honor. If and if there was a concern for either of our children, it was taken serious and there was an open door from teacher to principle. I give this school a 10...even though there are only 5 stars. -Michael S.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Principal, Teachers and Staff have created a culture of honesty, integrity and fairness through weekly Friday assemblies where topics are discussed, community members are often invited to attend (i.e. local veterans and accomplished citizens), and the school mascot (a HAWK) reminds everyone what it means to be a hawk: Help Another With Kindness. Regularly, you will see Teachers, Staff and Parents picking up trash, helping troubled students and reassuring each other as they make good choices throughout the day. Together, it is a strong community setting a great example for the students every day.

This school is top-rated for many reasons. The Principal is hands-on, responsive, transparent and leads by example. The Teachers and Staff are incredible, go above and beyond regularly, are thoughtful and compassionate. They all work together like a well-oiled machine to create the perfect learning environment where every single student can thrive. It is an amazing school because of these exceptional people. We are so grateful for all that they do to help our students (and families) to learn, grow and thrive.

We have had 2 kids go all the way through Hope & our 3rd is in 4th there. What a wonderful school! I can honestly say we have had great teachers every kid, every year. The school community is caring and fun. The principal is amazing, a great, hands on leader who cares for each family at Hope. Can not say enough good things about this school!

My children have been attending Hope Elementary for the past four years and we couldn't be happier! The teachers have been wonderful and the principal is very involved with the students! Hope is a great school experience for children!

My son spent six years at Hope. He was lucky to have 3 excellent teachers during his six years there. The principal doesn't care at all about parents concerns .... LOTS OF BULLIES ! Happy that my kid is done with this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Children are forced to learn too quickly and do not get enough time to fully understand a subject before they start a new one.

We were new to Hope last year, moving back to Carlsbad from Seattle after an eight-year absence. Our son is in 5th grade this year so sadly this is our last. Mr. Tubbs, the principle is a great guy; funny, loves the children and goes out of his way to interact with them, takes time to get to know them, makes sure they are happy and even takes a personal interest above and beyond. Mr. Tubbs stays late to decorate the school for events; he dresses up for holidays, and has a great drive for raising funds to make sure the school has the resources it needs. The teachers are wonderful, this year we feel very lucky to have Mrs. Lawrence, who is the best teacher we have ever had. The parents are friendly and helpful and very welcoming, we have a great time when we volunteer for school events. Hope is a wonderful school and we would recommend it to everyone.

I was just reading all the post about Hope Elementary, most were good but some said the class sizes are to big..Hey look around! The state of California has big class sizes.. I my self feel blessed that my kids are fortunate enough to attend Hope. I have two 8 year old in 3rd grade and they are doing excellent. They have been at Hope since Kindergarten.. They love Hope. The principle Mr. Tubbs is not somber or unfriendly, he does communicate well with parents and he does take issues seriously. I don't know why a parent posted that. He is very good with all kids and does not let any child get away with things that are not right. The teacher are EXCELLENT.. The school is EXCELLENT. Like I said I am blessed to be able to have my kids and foster kids attend Hope, very Awesome school.

I've grown to become very disappointed in this school. This is our 4th year at the school and I've become worn out battling the various issues; a first grade teacher who doesn't show up to work and leaves the children out on the playground; an art teacher that yells at children to the point and makes them cry, unfriendly and disorganized office staff, and a principal that cares more about taking selfies than being responsive to parents and students to truly create an inspiring learning environment. Some of the issues I have personally witnessed over the years have gone uncorrected and should be reported to the district and the state.

Last modified Hope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.