Posted May 05, 2014
Tularcitos maintains a rare balance between academic excellence and inclusivity. The school's principal presents a strong leadership style while also ensuring that each child at Tularcitos feels seen and heard. My husband and I feel so lucky that our daughter is at this school. She is learning to challenge herself academically and to be a good citizen.

Tularcitos Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
This school is an excellent choice if you have an average student or an under-performing student. They provide extensive resources for students with various learning disabilities & ESL students. If you have an over-achieving student, the school district makes no additional investment of resources (GATE was eliminated in June 2013). The atmosphere encourages "sheep" and not independent, innovative, leadership qualities in their students. The principal is new and young - appointed in the last 3 years - with no prior elementary school experience and never held a full-fledged Principal title prior. He is nice, approachable, great with balancing a budget; but not an innovator. The recruiting/selection of teachers continually fails to appoint gender diverse and ethnically diverse staff members (as opposed to its peer campus, River School in Carmel, only 11 miles away). The PTO is not immune to small town politics. The meeting times inherently exclude the input of dual-income families or single working parents & teachers cannot attend because they are in class. The attendees of the PTO meetings, which set the tone for school activities, are female & lack ethnic diversity.

Posted September 04, 2012
My son has thrived since starting at Tularcitos. Every adult he has come in contact with has been positive and encouraging. He came home from the first week of kindergarten excited about science class and the open garden, physical education and music. I also love the importance placed on being kind, and a good citizen. Children are encouraged to "fill each others buckets" by doing nice things and finding positive ways to encourage one another. The principal is wonderful and addresses the school as a whole, sometimes even reading a short story over the intercom to highlight a theme or lesson. Such a wonderful environment and they still fit in all the important academics! The enrichment programs offered after school are also wonderful and offer lots of opportunities to explore other activities. Fantastic school!

Posted February 02, 2010
Music, PE, Science, Library, and Computers are taught every week. These 'extras,' combined with very involved parents and excellent teachers, make this an amazing school. Tularcitos truly is a gem of a school and has not only lived up to its great reputation, it has surpassed it.

Posted January 28, 2010
We just moved here over the summer and my kids were in a private school. This school is so much better and we were paying a lot of money.I recommend this school than any other private schools. My kids are having the best time.

Tularcitos Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2008

Posted May 29, 2007

Posted January 05, 2007
I couldn't feel more positive about this school. My daughter came from a private school and I was worried about how it would compare. Her teacher at Tularcitos is exceptional! The atmosphere is kind and gentle yet she is learning more. The parents are involved. It really has exceeded my expectations.

Tularcitos Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2006
Tularcitos has: good teacher quality, nice enrichment programs after school, an active parent organization, and a strong science program. Feel like they are teaching for the test results, thus losing a certain amount of teacher creativity. Wish it was K-8 vs. K-5. Not immune from public school politics and self interests. Overall - good school.

Posted January 11, 2006
This school compares favorably with top private elementary schools. Teachers are tops. Only the best can get a job here. Over 140 teachers applied for my daughter's teacher's job. The principal provides great leadership in academics, ethics and social skills. The community of parents is very involved and supportive. There are many excellent extracurricular activities to choose from -- languages, arts, chess, martial arts, sports. (Many of these are not free.) The campus is exquisitely beautiful, and is next to a large park and community center which are used as though they were part of the campus. I feel blessed every time I take my daughter to school. I teach in a private school, and have mostly attended private schools. I hold several graduate degrees, as does my husband. We have high standards for our daughter's education, and we prefer Tularcitos over any of the local private schools.

Tularcitos Elementary School
35 Ford Road, Carmel Valley, CA  93924
Last modified Tularcitos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tularcitos Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top