K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Stevenson School Carmel Campus 3

Posted February 19, 2013
Our daughter has been attending Pre-K here for the last year. The teachers are caring and the environment is good here. However, they are not doing much. Last year our daughter did lot more in another school. Last year she did science projects, observed life cycles, did indoor and outdoor birdwatching, did actual gardening like planting and taking care of plants, made world map, just to mention a few. This year, nothing. Last year she was reading in class, and doing simple addition. This year she is doing phonetics, alphabet, counting to 30. I feel like she is going backwards. It's not worth so much money. We are going to move her next year.

Posted September 22, 2011
I applaud the commitment that the Stevenson teachers and administration have towards growth, improvement and excellence. It begins with how they look at the children, the parents and each other, and extends to the flow of the classrooms, the beauty and efficiency of the campus layout, the quality of the school lunch program, the innovation in the classrooms, and the overall climate of taking the school to the next level academically. I believe my child is challenged, inspired and respected. I feel safe delivering him every morning.

Posted July 09, 2011
Stevenson school has been the perfect fit for my child and our family. Not only does the school provide an incredible academic curriculum for students, they also focus on building thoughtful, caring citizens. My daughter loves going to school every day. She is so proud to be a "Stevenson Pirate". Although we have only lived in the area 18 months, the Stevenson community has embraced us and made us feel like we have been here forever. I would highly recommend Stevenson for any family looking for academic excellence and true community spirit. My husband and I spent hours researching schools for our child before we moved here. We chose Stevenson based on everything we read and a site visit. These things did not do Stevenson justice -- they are so much more! It is an amazing school and a great community. I highly recommend it.

Stevenson School Carmel Campus 1

Posted February 24, 2011
During my one year at Stevenson 8th grade, I did not enjoy it. The school was getting very unreasonable and what I think was that they were purposely trying to expel people. The reason that I think that is because they had already suspended 3 people and was close to suspending 2. I have been to many better schools than this one. One of the good schools that I went to was Ojai Valley School (OVS). The people there were all friendly. They were very helpful and had great teachers. The technology there is great. I regret changing schools from OVS to Stevenson. I hope you don't make a bad choice, because for what it costs it is not worth having your kid upset everyday.

Posted August 04, 2010
When asked why my daughter attends Stevenson School - I like to relate the story of her first visit (she was still in pre-school). It was a cold, rainy day in Carmel as I watched my four year old daughter walk hand-in-hand with the Principal down the stairs to the Kindergarten class for the day. I was nervous - and happy. When I returned, I watched her walk up those same stairs, run to me with a giant smile on her face and asked if she could come back tomorrow! Incredible! Did they put a spell on her? No she experienced the joy of learning that rainy day and continues to experience it on a daily basis. My daughter will enter 5th grade this year and has thrived both academically and developmentally in the small classroom and with the personal support and attention given to her by her teachers.

Posted June 22, 2010
Stevenson offers a high quality education with a great teacher - student ratio allowing for individual learning. The campus is small and the student body, K thru 8, interact in a really positive way. It's apparent that the staff love what they do and that joy is evident in the classrooms.

Posted June 19, 2010
Coming here for NPS, we chose to live in LaMesa because we thought the school would be top-notch. We were disappointed with big class sizes, constant shifting of classes/ teachers, and lack of "extras" like art, music, and PE. Based on the budget situation for this year and next, we moved our daughter to Stevenson in Jan., and it was a great decision. Overnight,our daugther was happier. She loves her teachers and classmates. She has learned so much, especially in the areas of science, music, art, and dance (things that the public schools can't afford right now due to budgets or test prep). They are very welcoming of military families; there are several in my daughter's class. Even at mid-year, we were able to get some financial aid. It's still a big sacrifice to send her to Stevenson, but it's more than worth it.

Posted June 18, 2010
Stevenson school is known for their emphasis on the "whole child." This means encouraging kids to be their best socially and academically, and preparing them for a lifetime of learning. This is so important because strong academics are important--yes, even at this school. But what sets Stevenson unique is that they teack the kids how to presevere, learn from their social or academic mistakes, and to pick themselves up and go on. Also, my child loves this school. She says the day goes very fast because they keep the kids occupied with not only classroom activities, but also all the extra curricular activities like dance, art, PE, etc. They also do a lot to keep all the kids feeling connected to the school. Communication is top-notch between school and parents. Sometimes all the emails, e-newsletters, snail mail, etc. can be a bit much, but it keeps me well-connected to the school.

Posted June 18, 2010
This school has very strong academics but without any pressure to accelerate like other private schools. They have a gently hand. All the teachers and administators have proven that they are truly invested in your child's education and happiness at school--in action and not just in words. Plus, You know you have chosen the right when your kids don't want to leave at the end of the day. I asked my son right before school ended this year whether he's looking forward to not having school and he said no. He was going to miss it. My child by no means is an academia lover, so I was shocked!

Posted July 29, 2009
Stevenson Lower School is the BEST decision our family has ever made for our daughter. I looked at all of the schools in the area and though many may have a better looking campus, the best parts of this school are the things you won't see on a tour. The teachers are fantastic and their methods are top notch. The students here love learning and each other. I have been happier with this school each and every day.

Stevenson School Carmel Campus
24800 Dolores Street, Carmel, CA  93923
Last modified Stevenson School Carmel Campus is a Private school that serves grades K-8