Carmel, CA

Posted November 23, 2014
My grandson is blessed to have the best team of teachers I have ever seen. I was an educator for 30 years and have never experienced such a high level of positivity and support for students.

Carmel River Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2014
I am not giving this school a rating. I agree with the previous person's comment. The principal does not treat newcomers well.

Carmel River Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
My family had to move a few times during my daughter's elementary school, and Carmel River School is the worst school we had ever seen. Bulling and favoritism are big issues at school. Principal Jay Marden has an attitude "take it or leave it". The school counselor Veronica Craft is not familiar with Ethical Standards for American School Counselors. We had to visit family phycologist after Veronica Craft 'talked' to her. Overall, the school environment is not healthy. There are so many schools around there which are much better in terms of environment, academic achievements and quality of teaching.

Posted May 25, 2013
River School is beyond amazing in all aspects. The fair, and intelligent leadership of Principal Jay Marden sets the tone of the school. Teachers are incredible! My child has computer lab, music, PE twice a week (although wish it was 5 days), science, and Spanish. There is a real sense of community between the parents and a lot of involvement. Could not be better. I have one child that went from kinder through 5th and my second is on her way to third grade.

Carmel River Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2012
I am a student at River School and this is my 2nd year here after moving from another city. I came here at the beginning of 3rd grade. The education is great and people are very welcoming. Overall the school is great but WAY to much homework. In my experience some of the homework assignments are more difficult than what we do in school.

Posted June 27, 2011
We have traveled all over the U.S./overseas, due to my job, and found Carmel River Elementary School to be top-notch in every aspect. The school truly focuses on building fundamental skill and provides an atmosphere of learning and enrichment. Excellent support from the community and PTA to enable students to experience extracurricular activities, which are truly out-of-this world! By far, one of the best elementary school in California and the U.S.

Posted October 25, 2010
This school is fantastic it thoroughly deserves the great reputation. The principal is very fair and approachable. The teachers are extremely good. However, the parents are very disappointing, to borrow a phrase from a previous review "the club-like, cliquish social atmosphere" makes this school a very difficult environment to be in.

Posted April 21, 2010
I appreciate this school because the Administration and staff are sensitive to the needs of their students AND their families.

Posted April 21, 2010
Quality of education is really high, teachers are great, kids do great academically and on tests, bullying is minimal.

Posted April 21, 2010
As a grandparent and retired educator, I really appreciate the efforts and follow through of the staff for the benefit of all families.

Carmel River Elementary School
Monte Verde Street And 15th Avenue, Carmel, CA  93923
Last modified Carmel River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmel River Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top