485 students|Carmel Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is a wonderful school. Very few teachers are less than ideal. Keep up the good work of letting go of not-so-good teachers and hiring great teachers! This school has the best financial and kids to support the best hires possible.

Develops character: Neutral

When a school has a good program for kids with learning disability, on the other hand, to be fair, it must have advancement programs for kids who need more challenges.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Minority students treated unfairly by the school administration and the principal. Favoritism is a big issue needs to be resolved at this school.

This school is good in terms of education but the minority students treated unfairly by school administration and the principal. Favoritism is the biggest problem at Carmel River Elementary School.

My grandson is blessed to have the best team of teachers I have ever seen. I was an educator for 30 years and have never experienced such a high level of positivity and support for students.

I am not giving this school a rating. I agree with the previous person's comment. The principal does not treat newcomers well.

My family had to move a few times during my daughter's elementary school, and Carmel River School is the worst school we had ever seen. Bulling and favoritism are big issues at school. Principal Jay Marden has an attitude "take it or leave it". The school counselor Veronica Craft is not familiar with Ethical Standards for American School Counselors. We had to visit family phycologist after Veronica Craft 'talked' to her. Overall, the school environment is not healthy. There are so many schools around there which are much better in terms of environment, academic achievements and quality of teaching.

River School is beyond amazing in all aspects. The fair, and intelligent leadership of Principal Jay Marden sets the tone of the school. Teachers are incredible! My child has computer lab, music, PE twice a week (although wish it was 5 days), science, and Spanish. There is a real sense of community between the parents and a lot of involvement. Could not be better. I have one child that went from kinder through 5th and my second is on her way to third grade.

My son was in this school for 2 years, then we moved to NC, and we miss it every day. The school is EXCELLENT, the teachers are great. It is like being in a private school, or BETTER!!!

I am a student at River School and this is my 2nd year here after moving from another city. I came here at the beginning of 3rd grade. The education is great and people are very welcoming. Overall the school is great but WAY to much homework. In my experience some of the homework assignments are more difficult than what we do in school.

Last modified Carmel River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.