K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

St. Michael's Episcopal Day School 2

Posted April 17, 2016
My kids went to St Michaels for 2 years. We eventually ended up transferring our children due to the parent community. St Michaels fosters a community of exclusivity rather than inclusivity. The parent and student body are not diverse at all. The parents all live in multi-million dollar homes and essentially only interact with parents in their own social strata. The teachers wear designer clothes, Cartier watches.....you get the picture. My husband and I are very successful lawyers so we were able to afford the expensive tuition without difficulty. We want to do our best to surround our children in an Christian environment that is reflective of the world around them. A world with people of every race, color, religion, social class and background. We moved our children to another local private school and are very very happy.

Posted October 21, 2013
My son attended St. Michael's (PS-8th) and is now a junior at Jesuit. I could not have chosen a better school! Not only was he extremely well-prepared academically for high school, but we were backed every day in our efforts to raise an ethical, morally and personally responsible, and caring young man. While it is a 'private' (really, 'independent') school, the families at St. Michael's are in reality, very hard-working and unpretentious, as the primary goal is to provide the best education for their children and not create networking/business opportunities for the parents. I loved that they incorporated innovative teaching methods into their rigorous, traditional core academics and offered Latin, grammar and cursive writing - and integrated music, art, robotics, PE, and a gorgeous garden/outdoor classroom into science, math, literature, etc. to peak interest and add context to what was being taught. This is an outstanding little gem of a school and as I now see my son succeeding year after year in high school, I know the credit goes to the incredible foundation that was laid at St. Michael's - and when they say preparation for high school and beyond - they absolutely mean it.

Posted October 17, 2013
I feel that St. Micheal's is one of the finest schools in our region. The academics are rigorous, but the support to succeed is hands on. In addition, music, performing arts, athletics and physical fitness are all part of the daily curriculum. Add in a robust field trip program, community service requirements and full time curriculum coordinators, and you have a great school. Not to mention a safe and clean learning environment. I have been a parent here for many years, and I couldn't be happier or prouder. A definite must see!

St. Michael's Episcopal Day School 3

Posted August 14, 2011
When we toured this school, my biggest worry was the curriculum. I feel, for the money that I was going to be paying, that my child should be more academically challenged. The facility was nice and the teachers were friendly and warm, but the student body was not diverse and the parents seemed a bit elitist (totally undeserving). My family moved here from NYC and my children had always been in the top private schools. Not to say that it wouldn't suffice for most folks, but we felt this school lacked luster.

Posted May 25, 2009
St. Michael's is an excellent school that provides our children with not only an excellent academic education, but also teaches the importance of treating themselves and the people around them with love and respect. In the three years we have been there, I have grown to love all of my children's classmates and have become friends with all of their parents. When I drop my kids off at school, I know they are getting an unparalleled education, being treated well and that they are safe. I would not consider sending my children to any other school. I love St. Michael's Episcopal Day School.

Posted December 11, 2007
St. Michael's is an excellent small private school, with strong academics in a Christian environment. It has one class in each grade. The school long ago decided to excel not by growing, but by being the best with what it has. The Episcopal tradition focuses on how to think, not what to think, so there's religion without dogma. The head of school Father Vaughan teaches higher level grammar to 7th and 8th graders, and both my daughters (now grown) found that what they learned there was also taught in College Freshman English in college, on the one hand, and in the prep course for the GMAT, on the other. 'Didn't you learn this stuff in the 8th grade?' they both asked their puzzled classmates.

St. Michael's Episcopal Day School
2140 Mission Avenue, Carmichael, CA  95608
Last modified St. Michael's Episcopal Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8