Posted September 25, 2014
I'm in Middle School at American River CMP on Kermit. I used to love the school, now it's gone very down hill. They tell us and parents they want to communicate and work together, but its just words. No action. They have all the Seventh and Eighth graders eat lunch with the 5 year old Kindergardeners at the same time. They make up changes and new rules that limit our middle school society and we only have 64 Seventh and Eighth graders to start with. It really sucks, and the teachers are boring. Doesn't feel like we are learning much this year, and they used to want us to have a community feeling but now they never let us be a community like field trips are only by homeroom now so only like 21 of us get to go at a time now. Stupid. I hate having to eat lunch with the 5 year olds.

Posted September 10, 2014
I am very surprised by some of the negative comments on this site. Very sorry for your experience, but I have nothing but good things to say! I brought my 3rd grader here from public school last year and my Kinder began here....what a FABULOUS year it was. Now they are starting 4th and 1st, with brand new teachers (to the school) and are thriving and enjoy every day! My youngest has some issues with her friend and they help them learn to communicate and work things out together to find a peaceful solution. Community events are wonderful, too and the parent involvement is very high. I am so glad I made this choice for them...we all are so happy here. I have also had nothing but positive experiences with the administration and very responsive to my questions or one time, a concern. The school is getting big but in order to have this location, they had to fill it and we want to keep the location! The school now has an art room, science room, dance room, music room...what else?!! :)

Posted September 08, 2014
The Carmichael school was a big disappointment. We brought our child here with high hopes of a caring environment. After only three weeks we are taking him out due to bullying and flat out abuse. The reaction from the staff when we brought up the many incidents was pathetic. This school is not interested in actually supporting children on their academic path. I would not recommend taking your child here, especially if they are new to the 7th and 8th grade program as there will be no support for the new kid whatsoever. To tolerate a child being abused by other children when the ratio is so small is beyond unacceptable.

California Montessori Project-San Juan Campus School 4

Posted September 05, 2014
My kids, ages 7 and 12, switched from a public school to this Charter/Montessori this year. My 7 year old couldn't be happier. He didn't fit into the public school mold and he is loving the small class sizes, individual attention from the teachers, the hands on activities, the outdoor activities, the social environment, and just about everything else. He comments on a daily basis about how much better it is than his last school. My daughter fit the public school mold just fine, she is very self motivated and an A student. She was in all advance classes before so she is still working on finding her place, academically, in this school because she has yet to find the level at which she feels challenged, but the teachers are working on getting her where she needs to be. She likes the environment and the classroom style much better, enjoys the smaller class sizes, and feels like the school is just ran better all the way around. She said she feels like the kids are seen and heard, nut just shuffled around. Overall, I am very pleased. I love the level of parent involvement, the communication between school and parents, and the feeling that everyone cares and works together.

Posted August 25, 2014
I am so happy my daughter and eventually my son can attend CMP-C. The teachers are fantastic and the parents are supportive and involved. My daughter comes home everyday talking about things she is learning and expresses how cared about and safe she feels at this school. There are experiential learning components, sensorial learning, and fun activities. I couldn't ask for more!

Posted September 05, 2013
Please be aware when you read these reviews that the "San Juan Campus" is actually three different CMP schools (Carmichael, American River, and Orangevale). When I toured these campuses I found them very different, although they are all in the CMP system. My daughter is in the AR campus and every day my husband and I are thankful we chose this school for her. We can't wait until our son can go there too. And in fact we WISH we could have been educated in Montessori schools; I know I would have spent so much less time in school counting ceiling tiles in primary school if someone would have taken me out of a desks and let me explore and learn at my own pace. The bottom line is, if you believe in Montessori education, do the homework, research, and visits to these schools and make your own decision about how your child will be educated.

Posted August 29, 2013
This school is mean. The teachers are too strict and this school allows bullying. Their academics may be somewhat high but there is always drama going around the school. I don't recommend this school for your child unless you want your child crying all the way home.

Posted June 10, 2013
Very prejudiced school. A lot of bullying going on also. Both the principal and the head administrator responded with lukewarm interest to our concerns

Posted June 07, 2013
I signed my kindergartener up for this school lottery, with high hopes. You are fed a lot of inaccurate information to get you to sign up. Parent involvement and an "open door policy" are claimed, but not actually provided. The principal, Ms. Kim, is uninvolved and unavailable. Unless you have a fundraising project or idea, prepare to be dismissed. She is apparently " always in meetings". You will only see her on campus for show on tour days. It is no wonder that everyone that applies to this campus gets in. They have more spots open then they can fill. Save yourself time, energy, and many headaches by not going to this school.

California Montessori Project-San Juan Campus School 4

Posted October 27, 2012
Teachers wonderful! Students wonderful! Administration is lacking. Always on campus but seem to choose the wrong things to focus on. Bullying is permitted, sadly!

California Montessori Project-San Juan Campus School
5330a Gibbons Drive, Suite 700, Carmichael, CA  95608
Last modified California Montessori Project-San Juan Campus School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
California Montessori Project-San Juan Campus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top