John Barrett Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
I am currently a student here. I feel like I don't get the right education. Theres been a lot of bullying at this school and i feel like teachers don't pay much attention to you. I always got straight A's until i came to Barrett after Christmas break . I started getting B's C's And D's once in a while a F. Im sorry but I wouldn't recommend this school.

John Barrett Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2014
I have a child currently on 6th grade. I have to say that some of the negative reviews below have basis as I have several instances where I emaled teachers and never receive a response, will response but does not answer your question, or keep telling you that they are working on your request. This school have some good teachers but not all, they lack organization especially before and after a Barret Show. If you don't ask about your child standing at school, you will never receive information from this school except when the principal leaves a message about the upcoming event at Barret. Lastly, I've experienced being ignored when waiting for my turn to ask a question while the teacher is chitchating with other Caucasian parents. I could decrease the rating to two stars but there is no better middle school in the area.

Posted January 16, 2014
Barrett is a wonderful, rigorous, all inclusive school with a friendly student body and welcoming staff. We are proud of our school's current focus of integrating the arts into our curriculum, we are working towards preparing our students for 21st Century skills, and we demonstrate high expectations in our character education program. Our school has a fantastic performing arts class, a talented band, and several top of the line sports teams including wrestling, volleyball, basketball and track. I am very proud to work with the students, staff and families of Barrett. Go Broncos!

Posted January 15, 2014
I am surprised by some of the negative comments listed below. Barrett is a great school! Teachers and staff work very hard to ensure that every student gets the support, care and education he or she deserves. Of course the school isn't perfect, no school is, but everyone there puts in extra hours and effort for the betterment of the students. Bring your child to Barrett. You will be happy you did!

John Barrett Middle School 2

Posted November 26, 2013
I just pulled my grandson out of Barrett 7th grade. What a mess! Bullying is rampant and the assistant principal and some of the teachers I dealt with were unavailable and not interested in helping. I can't say enough about the chaos in that school.

Posted March 21, 2013
I am shocked at the negative reviews of Barrett. I have a child in 7th grade at Barrett and I'm very pleased with the education my son is getting. His English and history teacher has been very helpful and he loves history now! The science teacher, Mrs. Book is excellent too. My daughter went there four years ago and we were happy then. If I had to choose over again, I would choose Barrett. Regarding the complaint about no nurse, no school has a full time nurse any more. They haven't had full time nurses for 20 years. It's a sad fact, but not the schools' fault.

Posted January 22, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I have ever seen... NO support at all for parents. If your child suffers from a medical condition do not take your kid to this school at all.. NO communication. No calls back ever from principle and or counselor from day one... They don't know much of about how where to go to get help and even when you produce Doctors information they act like it means nothing at all and are rude and not understanding of a condition they no nothing about. The STAFF is about as uneducated as I have seen in a long time for being a school or they just act like they don't know what they are doing or just don't care...NO NURSE AT ALL.. even my doctor was shocked and upset that they had no Nurse at ALL... If you need to budget cut that bad don't take away the nurse who is the least cost and most needed OMG really...It's a traveling nurse that goes from school to school really be smarter ...WORST SCHOOL EVER... IN bad area as well to many calls warning about predators following kids who have records and been seen before. STAY as far away from this school as you can if you love your kids..

Posted May 14, 2012
My Children went to Barrett. I am very unhappy with this school. I had to remove my daughter and home school her. First, the office secretary is rude. Every time you speak with her she acts as though you are bothering her. When my daughter started Barrett she had A's and B's and went into HA. When her grades started falling I tried moving her into a regular class and was told no. The counselor never returned my calls or emails. She had multiple incidents where she was bullied and threatened and the vice principal was not active in ensuring that the bullying stopped. Finally after repeated days of calling and trying to get the to address the issues I pulled out my daughter. At which time, they now refuse to give me details on how they are dealing with the girls that bullied her because they say it is confidential. The staff at this school need to get the bullying under control or someones child is going to get hurt. I am glad I removed my daugther....please don't consider this school it is not a good place.

Posted June 05, 2011
Barrett has some outstanding teachers. To name a few, Mr. Bisquara, Ms.Mcenroe, Mr.Stroble and Mrs.Danzinger and Ms. Smiley. i have had all these teachers since coming to Barrett and all of them have made me a better person. the two that have inspired me most are Mr Biquara and Ms.Smiley (my PE teachers)

Posted May 24, 2011
I find it appalling that both a parent and teacher at Barrett is so illiterate and can t spell. It tells you all about the problem of getting the children to learn if the teachers are no better. One would only have to read the message of I am both a parent and teacher at Barrett Posted May 27, 2010 and it tells it all. I guess this parent and teacher also speaks well English. LOL However Barrett does have a problem and I guess they can t seem to get a grip on the bullying taking place there. NO child should be subjected to this.

John Barrett Middle School
4243 Barrett Road, Carmichael, CA  95608
Last modified John Barrett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Barrett Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top