Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

John Barrett Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
My child is studying in school, John Barrett middle school first year. It is a great school, staffed by professionals who are able to find approach to every child and every child to help. I want to say thankyou to all the teachers who worked with my son, but I especially want to highlight the teacher of the English language Zivanah Lopez, she helped my son to adapt quickly, to help in learning the language (English second language). Zivanah I am grateful for patience, for endurance, for understanding, for professional quality. Zivanah helped my son adapt to new school environments. Thank you so much for everything! Sincerely Olga Alexandrova

John Barrett Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2014
My son goes to Barrett. He's in 7th grade. I not certain about other parents but I always get a response from teachers. They are in the middle of adapting to the ever changing state regulations and im sure thats challenging. I have attended an entire school day and the teachers ARE supportive of the students. Try getting involved with your child's education and quit expecting the teachers to raise your kids and you might find that a combined effort goes a long way. Some of the children misbehave and make it harder for the others to learn. Get involved! Ive never had a problem with contact with ANY of the teachers, ALL of the staff including the amazing Principal. If you saw some of the students behavior maybe its is yours that makes their job difficult. Thats something you should be handling at home. Barrett is a good school with a very decent staff and have been on board with helping me help my son every step.

John Barrett Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2014
I am currently a student here. I feel like I don't get the right education. Theres been a lot of bullying at this school and i feel like teachers don't pay much attention to you. I always got straight A's until i came to Barrett after Christmas break . I started getting B's C's And D's once in a while a F. Im sorry but I wouldn't recommend this school.

John Barrett Middle School 3

Posted May 15, 2014
I have a child currently on 6th grade. I have to say that some of the negative reviews below have basis as I have several instances where I emaled teachers and never receive a response, will response but does not answer your question, or keep telling you that they are working on your request. This school have some good teachers but not all, they lack organization especially before and after a Barret Show. If you don't ask about your child standing at school, you will never receive information from this school except when the principal leaves a message about the upcoming event at Barret. Lastly, I've experienced being ignored when waiting for my turn to ask a question while the teacher is chitchating with other Caucasian parents. I could decrease the rating to two stars but there is no better middle school in the area.

Posted January 16, 2014
Barrett is a wonderful, rigorous, all inclusive school with a friendly student body and welcoming staff. We are proud of our school's current focus of integrating the arts into our curriculum, we are working towards preparing our students for 21st Century skills, and we demonstrate high expectations in our character education program. Our school has a fantastic performing arts class, a talented band, and several top of the line sports teams including wrestling, volleyball, basketball and track. I am very proud to work with the students, staff and families of Barrett. Go Broncos!

Posted January 15, 2014
I am surprised by some of the negative comments listed below. Barrett is a great school! Teachers and staff work very hard to ensure that every student gets the support, care and education he or she deserves. Of course the school isn't perfect, no school is, but everyone there puts in extra hours and effort for the betterment of the students. Bring your child to Barrett. You will be happy you did!

John Barrett Middle School 2

Posted November 26, 2013
I just pulled my grandson out of Barrett 7th grade. What a mess! Bullying is rampant and the assistant principal and some of the teachers I dealt with were unavailable and not interested in helping. I can't say enough about the chaos in that school.

Posted March 21, 2013
This is a wonderful school with many programs and many caring teachers and staff. Barrett has a performing arts program and is integrating the arts into ALL classes across the curriculum. I have seen the growth of students from this site and am always impressed by how well mannered and polite they are. For the individual who posted about "no nurses" contact your legislation, they are the ones who have placed the cuts on the schools, not the schools themselves.

Posted March 21, 2013
I am shocked at the negative reviews of Barrett. I have a child in 7th grade at Barrett and I'm very pleased with the education my son is getting. His English and history teacher has been very helpful and he loves history now! The science teacher, Mrs. Book is excellent too. My daughter went there four years ago and we were happy then. If I had to choose over again, I would choose Barrett. Regarding the complaint about no nurse, no school has a full time nurse any more. They haven't had full time nurses for 20 years. It's a sad fact, but not the schools' fault.

John Barrett Middle School 1

Posted January 22, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I have ever seen... NO support at all for parents. If your child suffers from a medical condition do not take your kid to this school at all.. NO communication. No calls back ever from principle and or counselor from day one... They don't know much of about how where to go to get help and even when you produce Doctors information they act like it means nothing at all and are rude and not understanding of a condition they no nothing about. The STAFF is about as uneducated as I have seen in a long time for being a school or they just act like they don't know what they are doing or just don't care...NO NURSE AT ALL.. even my doctor was shocked and upset that they had no Nurse at ALL... If you need to budget cut that bad don't take away the nurse who is the least cost and most needed OMG really...It's a traveling nurse that goes from school to school really be smarter ...WORST SCHOOL EVER... IN bad area as well to many calls warning about predators following kids who have records and been seen before. STAY as far away from this school as you can if you love your kids..

John Barrett Middle School
4243 Barrett Road, Carmichael, CA  95608-2463
Last modified John Barrett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.