Bad
Good

Cameron Ranch Elementary School is a terrible school for kids. Bullying from Staff as well as other kids. My daughter has always loved school but now she begs not to leave her here. She has gone to school here for 2 years. The teachers need to get a heart and if you don't want to teach, GET OUT. "They" have always told me, oh it will get better. I can tell you today it has not. Her kindergarden and first grade year her class was 35+ kids not enough kids for desks so they had to share by keeping 1/2 on carpet and 1/2 the kids at desks. (They are able to say they have low student-teacher ratio by adding in IA that are in the classroom an hour or less a day.) Last year, near Christmas a unknown person tried to kidnap a child here during dismissal. NO one was watching this 1st grader. Ways they could be better: Qualified teacher (They move teachers that taught 4/5 grade to K, no good) Courteous Staff (yes, the lunch lady, the office staff be nice.)

Schools change as do all institutions, reflective of incoming/outgoing teachers, students, wtc. & environmental/political fluctuations over time. My five stars is outdated, but Cameron Ranch Elementary is a cherished monument of memory for me, and holds a deeply heart felt space in my mind to this day. I as well as my elder brother attended school here roughly 10 years ago. A decade has passed and it is sad/unfortunate to see that the wonderful and reputable foundation this school once was has seemed to have faltered and lost the golden honor once felt by a proud falcon. Parent or student. THE SCHOOL IS A NAME AND A BUILDING OCCUPYING A LOCATION. WE, HUMANS, PEOPLE OF PROFOUND CAPABILITY AND AUDACITY, MAKE UP WHAT THE INSTITUTION EMBODIES AND REFLECTS.

This school is over crowded with very little parent participation. There is a bully problem. There are a few good teachers but very few extra activities. My children went to this school for two years and it was not a good experience. There are quite a few lower income families that attend this school which brings with it a certain level of problems in itself. It is really chaotic dropping children off and picking children up. They stopped handing out homework at the beginning of this year citing low test scores. To my layman point of view it would make sense to continue homework for that very reason. Overall I am not impressed with this school and I feel a four star rating is too high for this school.

Well both my kids attended Cameron Ranch for 4yrs and there is LACK of communication with parent and PTO. There was no year book last year nothing for 6th grade (no funds) per Principle ( Bull She is lazy) what 1.00 for a dvd and student pic's (really) Never go's out of her way... Also there is a bullying problem that they do not address and sweep under the rug. I pulled my 4th grader out its to much to deal with. I really liked the 5th and 6th grade teachers (with my daughter) but their hands are tired about new ideas and teaching skills.. I have not met anyone that said their child test scores improved in fact several people i asked about SAT scores has dropped so this new achievement award has to be false...Cameron Ranch rates as a 4 and for good reason.

Two of my children attended Cameron Ranch Elementary School. That was several years ago, and I felt that the school was very good.

In response to the bad reviews in 2008. I have 3 children attending Cameron Ranch School. My oldest has been there for 4 years. Not once have I seen a class larger than 25 students. The teachers are amazing and take every childs success or challenges personally. The principal is unapproachable? Approach her anyway! You'll be surprised at how friendly she is...and how many subjects she is willing to 'broach'. Where is the field trip money? Go to a PTO meeting. You'll learn everything there. Or just read the minutes. They are posted in the MP room. No communication? Notices are sent out weekly. Sounds like the lack of communication is between you and your child. Parents do your job! Teachers do not arrive at school at 8:25 am nor do they leave at 3 pm. Get out of your car when you drop off and pick up your child!

When you look at what is going on in the country today you have to ask yourself what is important what it comes to rating your childs elementary school. My child has gone to this school for the past 4 years and I have seen three principles rotated... I love the current one and respect what she is doing there. I say it's a great place to send your kids. The staff is amazing and they actually care about your childs well being!

My daughter attends second grade at Cameron Ranch. The staff has been nothing but kind and accomodating to my daughter and our family. I completely disagree with the poster below who says the school does not communicate with parents. Each week a newsletter goes home with the children...this is where announcements are made about minimum days, etc. This is where you will learn about fund raiser money. It is always in my child's backpack. Additionally the bulletin on the primary wing in front of the school makes announcements about important dates and upcoming events. I am very happy with the level of care and individule attention my daughter receives at Cameron Ranch. I feel very fortunate that we are part of such a wonderful institution.

Cameron Ranch is actually a great school. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Notices are sent out informing parents of all school activities...it's up to the adults to do some of the work and look for such notices in...backpacks?!?! The principal is wonderful and by far the best one they have had in years!

This school does not communicate with parents. The school did not send out any notices about a minimum day until the actual minimum day. Nothing was sent home letting parents know about open house. There is no open communication with families. We want to know what happened to all of the fund raiser money.

Last modified Cameron Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.