Bad
Good

My son was a student at Carmichael for a few years, Kindergarten was great but it has been downhill from there ! My son watched movies for the last part of the year, and when it comes to students with ADHD they are not fully educated on how to handle a student who has ADHD. The kids are always in trouble when they can't always control what they are doing,like making noises, jumpimg, talking, moving to much. I feel the staff should take classes on ADHD to better understand a student who is already having a hard time daily controlling his ADHD. More education, more understanding, more time, will go a long way to help these kids. Don't come out and tell me he had a bad day, everyday is tough for them! NO field trips, no shows or productions, what happend to Christmas programs or plays? Kids respond well to these things. The kids in special education classes are left out of everything! Why is that? My son will never go back to that school !

My child went to this school for 2yrs and all I canm say is " NO Bueno!" The office staff is horrible rude and could care less, the teachers are so so. All and All The principal is a joke and my child will not be attending this school anymore! Don't get me started on the bullying that goes on here and some of the staff turns their cheecks the other way but saying the kids are expressing themselves... Really?! No way my child will pass.

I was a little apprehensive about my child attending this school for kindergarten when I saw the rating, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw how much she was learning! She has become a great reader, really enjoyed going to school, and loved her teacher. She met the minimum abilities about halfway through the school year and reads better than some of the 1st graders I know. I am delighted with her experience! And I'm excited to see her go to this school again this year.

I would not recommend this school if you want your child to have a good education. I value my child's education, and have had to fight for 5 months for the age appropriate curriculum, and more homework. I do not think 2 worksheets of homework and separating word syllables qualifies as 6th grade level. I feel the principle is nonresponsive and does not appreciate or value a parent who only wants the best for their child. Maybe other teachers are okay at this school, but I had bad luck! I am a parent soon to be teacher and care about the kids!

My son has attended Carmichael Elementary for four years. The first two were great. Mrs. Kraus was awesome. These last two years have been difficult to say the least. Although I feel the Carmichael teachers are among the best in California, the new principal, Mrs. Swift, is hard to deal with.

Last modified Carmichael Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.