Bad
Good

Posted April 27, 2015
I have been so pleased with the staff of Charles Peck. The principal Mr. Livingston is AMAZING. He works so hard on behalf of the students and has brought our school a long way in such a short time in terms of academics and behavior. His presence makes such a difference and things are different when he is not here. My kids miss him tremendously and will not stop asking me if there will be a talent show this year.

Posted February 13, 2015
Charles Peck has been a very positive experience for my second grader. We are extremely impressed with our Principal Ramon Livingston. He genuinely cares about his students. My child's teacher is a wonderful and caring presence who has helped my child improve in both reading and writing. The after school program has been wonderful. My son loves to go to school and has made many new friends. The accountability factor combining educational benchmarking and student/parental involvement divided into ongoing goal achievement has exceeded our expectations. The school Principal continues to strive, on a daily basis, to make the experience of Charles Peck rich and rewarding for all families in my humble opinion.

Posted November 23, 2014
The kindergarten program is amazing. They work so hard and are so good with the children.

Posted November 07, 2014
My daughter goes to charles peck and she loves it. We resently moved to the sacramento area and was a bit worried about the schools. But the first day when I took my daughter to school everyone was very nice and friendly even the principal was outside welcoming all the students and parents I felt very welcomed and comfortable when I left. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. Thank you

Charles Peck Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2014
The principal is great! Offering extra help and resources. He even gave us a 45 minute personal tour of the school and our sons classroom, library, lunchroom. In my opinion above and beyond what a typical principal would do! The teacher my son has (Rachel Votaw) is amazing! She is friendly and encouraging of my son, a huge change from his preschool teacher. She's very sweet and quick at responding to emails. The office woman (melinda) is awful! She clearly has no idea what's going on at that school nor does she act like she cares. Had it not been for her lack of care, concern, or knowledge of school activities or simple knowledge of what's going on in the school, I would have easily given this school 5 stars.

Charles Peck Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2014
Charles Peck is a school that offered many different levels of help for my daughter. She received extra help for reading and math. The teachers were kind, supportive, and encouraging. The environment was positive and provided a strong educational experience.

Charles Peck Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2013
My son just transferred to a different school. When the teacher found out because my son was telling friends good bye, she called all of my personal phones & emergency ctcs leaving msgs that there was a problem with my son at school causing a panic. She made 5-6 calls over the 10 min I was away from my phone. Also my son went into the hot lunch line following his friends where they proceeded to feed him & let him run up a bill. He has never had an acct & is always sent to with a lunch. The teacher even had a list saying which kids were eating hot lunch. I was furious because the office staff tried to blame my son (he's 5) rather than owning up to their negligence. They did not call me to ask, did not care that he did not have an account or any money and did not bother to look into his backpack check for a lunch. When I called to confront them after I received the bill in his backpack the only response they had was that he said he was hungry so they fed him. They said they had too many kids to check back packs or call parents. Wyatt was threatened by a boy in his class. I called to report it, the teacher was supposed to investigate and call me back but I never heard back..

Charles Peck Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2013
My daughter has been going there for 2 years. The teachers have been wonderful. There is a new principal this year and she is doing well. The problem is that a lot of kids are clearly not being worked with at home whatsoever. They swear a lot and are not achieving what they could be academically. It's not fair to pin it all on the teachers. My dad volunteers in my daughter's class once a week and the kids love it. They call him "grandpa". People complaining that the school isn't doing enough for their child should look at what they are doing to improve the situation. I donate moderately to them and the teacher always looks shocked because most people don't. A simple box of tissues that she doesn't have to pay for out of her own pocket is enough... I have the option of pulling my daughter out of Peck at any time. I choose to send her there because frankly, they need more good kids and people like my dad to provide positive examples for the rest of these kids who clearly have few role models in their daily lives.

Charles Peck Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2010
The teachers are a joke...they only teach what is on the state standards test...no more, no less. Seriously, I found a sample state test prep book for 4th graders at the local book store and showed it to my son, who immediately said, "mom, these are the exact same homework and class assignment we are doing right now". He could even recite one of the questions from memory. They provide no alternative for different learning levels at this school. The leadership and teacher quality is sub-par here. If your child doesn't fit in their little perfect gift-wrapped box that they expect, you can expect your child to be spending a lot of time outside their classroom in what they call "on-site suspensions". Check out their suspension rate on sanjuan.edu - it's over 20%, which is ridiculous for an elementary school. They yell at the students constantly, so it is no wonder the kids have started to tune them out and start rebelling. But really, these aren't bad kids...just bored, under challenged, unmotivated. It's just a bunch of bad teachers and staff who don't know how to relate to the children individually, and are in a hurry to get through the end of their work day.

Charles Peck Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2010
This is an absolutely HORRIFIC school. Lots of foul language, bullying by most kids. My special needs and gifted child attended school here for a year. We got out before any permanent damage was done. Principle leadership is lacking, believes bullying is a "right of passage". I was actually verbally assaulted by a student several times. Two seconds walking by some students on the sidewalk keep ears open and you would be shocked at the language that is heard. Lots of physical stuff too. Run far away is my advice but first make a written complaint to the CDE.

Charles Peck Elementary School
6230 Rutland Drive, Carmichael, CA  95608-0721
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. (916) 867-2071
Last modified Charles Peck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.