Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 06, 2016
Mrs. Gerke, has been a part of my children's live many times. She has taken an interest to not only their learning in the classroom, but outside of school. I was amazed to see her over the summer at a swim meet. She was cheering them on like they were her own children. She is very dedicated to their education and who they are as a person. My child struggled in reading. She was very persistent and pushed them to become a reader. My child is very aware of their expectations and how to accomplish them and they know how to push themselves. My oldest child is in high school and she still talks about how she gave her a strong foundation to make her feel successful. I'm forever grateful for her dedication to my children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 06, 2016
Most of the teachers have a masters in integrating the arts. They incorporate the arts into many lessons. Also, many of their teachers have been trained in Readers Workshop in New York. They had an intense week of how to teach reading. They do not use the old hard cover reading books I used in school, but rather they read books that interest them. They have also been trained in Critical Literacy, and Writers Workshop. With this type of whole school training, it's made Schweitzer what it is today, very effective training for very effective learning, which leads to a very successful child.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 06, 2016
My child has a very small amount of homework. They have to read 30 minutes in their just right reading book, a book at their level, and a page of math. My child will often have notes on their math paper to show me how she is teaching math. I've had to have a very open mind to how she teaches math. I'm awe struck at what he can do.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 06, 2016
My child's 3rd grade teacher has my child knowing they can go above and beyond what they can do. She pushes their thinking and makes them feel successful for any growth. My child hated reading this year, but with her dedication and maiming he believe in himself, he has turned into a reader. She stuck with him, she was persistent with what he was reading, and is in constant communication with how he is growing. She makes him feel proud of what he has accomplished not matter how small. She has taught him to never give up- be persistent.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 06, 2016
Students have a strong respect for not only each other but for their teacher. This can been seen and heard in classrooms, the playground, and in the hallways.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 06, 2016
The compassion my child receives from their teacher and others in their classroom is amazing to see and hear. Students support one another's learning and are eager to help one another if a classmate is struggling. This is built through my child's 3rd grade teacher who promotes this strong sense of compassion for each other.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 06, 2016
Students are held accountable for all their work in class. My child's 3rd grade teacher really pushes their thinking to do their best and beyond. She has built a community of learners in her classrooms that allows all students at different learning stages feel successful. Students respect each other's learning stage and support one another without hesitation.

Posted February 06, 2016
Schweitzer is an amazing school. They teach in a workshop model, which allows students to think critically and work collaboratively. Many times my child has come home to tell me principals and teachers from other schools are coming to watch how they teach. They are a Just Think math school that is phenomenal. This is a math program that has a strong number sense foundation. When my 3rd grader came home this year showing me what they did in math, I was in awe. He was doing complex algebra without any hesitation. My child's teacher is very dedicated to his needs. We work as a team to ensure success both at home and school. She finds the time to make every child feel they are important. I've watched her teach and was amazed at the level of thinking, academic language, and collaboration skills her classroom has. She allows them to teach each other. No workbook or worksheets. She has a wide variety of books that are leveled for easy access. She is very involved with her school. She is always there late at night and at every function. Our principal Mr. English, is very active with his teachers and students. I've seen him out on the playground playing football and four square. My child really looks up to him. He knows his students by name and always asks about what they are doing in class. He is dedicated to his staff and students. Our PTA is very strong. They have an amazing president that sends weekly updates to tell families what's been going on and what's coming up. Schweitzer is a school you want your child at. My experience here for the past 5 years has been nothing but awesome. I'm very thankful to have my children go through here and know they will leave with a strong foundation to prepare them for years ahead.

Posted February 02, 2016
I have been nothing but pleased sending our kids to Schweitzer Elementary. The teachers are wonderful and caring to my children. The school has a neighborhood feel to it, and offers extra activities for the students. I feel my children are well prepared heading into Middle School.

Posted February 01, 2016
Our family has been party of the Schweitzer community since 2005 and still going. From the get go have been impressed by the great sense of community at this great neighborhood school. The teachers are fantastic, the sense of community is strong, and all the extra programs available (school wide okay, Star Struck, band, choir) give the kids a well-rounded education.

4350 Glenridge Drive, Carmichael, CA  95608-2043
(916) 867-2094
Last modified Albert Schweitzer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert Schweitzer Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top