Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son start at this school with no English at all after 6 month only he was talking English better than me. The teacher Miss Williams is a great teacher for first grad and she was soo patient with my kid. Second grad was also great with Miss Lim both teachers where very professional and my kid learned a lot from them not only math and English but manners and how to behave every one in this school is helpful and supportive and if your kid need medical attention then this is the right school to go to as they have medical staff not first aid box like other schools.

I wish I could give this school less stars!! I so do not know where to begin..my son is 6 years old in kindergarten he was being picked on the first half of the year coming home with huge bruises on his back and this kid bullying him and they do nothing about it when you complain to the teacher and principle they say they are doing all they can if they were doing what they can they would suspend these kids or do something more than they are!! I switched him from am to pm and now he is getting bullied by a different person this kid pushed my son into a curb and he has bruises he could have been pearlized and my son said they did nothing just sent him back to class!! This school is horrible do not let your kids go here I am going to complain today and he will be token out of school because my 6 year old should not be coming home with bruises and hating school at this age!!

my daughter went here for less than 3 weeks and she hated it here she said her 5th grade teacher put her in detention for something she turned in to the teacher because the teacher thought that she didnt turn it in and she was continuously bullied by teachers staff and student i honestly think the staff members were rude to me i dont recommend this school for anyones child my daughter now is tired of public school. no thankyou starr king

This is the worst school that I have seen in all my years of having to deal with schools. The principal is not a strong leader and does not want parents involved. Complaints filed with the principal are never handled and office staff is extremely rude. I would highly recommend that you do not put your child in this school. Our tests scores have plummeted over the last two years and the principal has done nothing that we can see to make it better. There is a huge amount of bullying, drugs and weapons have been seen on campus by students. Neither the principal or vice principal think that enforcing the rules is a high priority. They also allow office staff to harass parents and tell the parents that it is their fault for being on campus. The only advice I have been given on dealing with the problems with the school is to take my children and run from this school as fast as I can. The principal is not putting in the time and effort necessary to return this school to the passing school it used to be. Be very wary when dealing with the office staff, principal and vice principal. They like to use a lot of smoke and mirrors to make this school look better than it is

I have to agree with all the parents who dislike this school. My daughter has been bullied over and over again in the end of the last school year a boy two years older than my daughter slapped her in the face right in front of the vice principle, the boy quickly ran off as my daughter stood there crying and all he said was "be strong". I was furious i stormed up there immediately after work to raise hell i was assured this would be handled, needless to say the boy didn't miss one day of school for his actions. He should have been suspended for putting his hands on her. Trust me when i say nothing good will ever be done for your child here. They are losing students everyday and there are reasons for that.

This school is by far the worst I ever had to deal with. Ms. White the 3rd grade teacher I would not recommend anyone to be in her class. She is unprofessional and when I went to the principle she wasn't available. So I met with the Vice Principle. She didn't resolve the issue and I requested my child to go to the other 3rd grade teacher and it has been months and no communication with me. My child is bullied and the teacher didn't fix the problem the office did nothing to meet with the student.

If you have trouble with your child being bullied this is NOT the school to send them to. The staff has their favorites, and they turn cheeks on bullying, they do not handle the issues at hand. Also, if they (the office) ever request a form from you... if you don t stand there and get a receipt stating they got it, they will lose it and your child will suffer for it. I can't wait until I can get my child out of this school. He was always an honor roll child with over and Beyond star testing scores until we moved to Sacramento and he started going to this school. Now not only does he get bullied but his grades have dropped. Oh an another thing.... don t forget to send your child with a lunch, because if you do all they give them is Milk and a piece of fruit for lunch and call that a nutritious meal for the day!

I really don't know where to start. I have had both of my sons go to this school and at this time neither are attending here. My oldest went here for Kinder to 2nd grade. His teachers were wonderful, even with the frustration you can see they have to deal with everyday. Budget cuts, lack of parent involvement, ect. But they did make miracles happen and the kids were happy. Ok 2nd grade starts, I walk into my sons class ( he was a few minutes late). Mrs White (yes I am calling her out) is yelling at the kids, class just started! A little boy who did not know English all that well is crying and she is yelling. Well I spoke to the principle....normal excuses. She is just there for a paycheck. I cannot assist in my sons class my anxiety is too bad. I donated $50 worth of supplies to the class, I just wanted a thank you. Nothing more, I barly got that from Mrs White. Thank God my son was transferred out of this school 2 days later. Mind you this is still the first week of school. Currently, my youngest son enters Kinder, his teachers are wonderful. But there are 37 kids in the class. So my son is lucky enough to be transferred to Del Dayo with his big brother. The end

My son has gone to this school for 3 1/2 yrs, he has had 2 really awesome teachers, (1 teacher for 2 yrs cause he was held back)the vice principal has also been really great. My son is no angel, he has had his fair share of sitting in the office, but not once did i feel like these people gave up on him. The academics were always very balanced and when he wasn't where he should be I got great advice on whether or not to hold him back which I did. The only thing that worries me is the middle school being so close. I have been very happy with the overall staff at this school also.

Last modified Starr King K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.